Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

BOS-SFO was PS, was Business, now First, UC no/yes?, service levels? summer no 752s

BOS-SFO was PS, was Business, now First, UC no/yes?, service levels? summer no 752s

Old May 7, 2023, 11:26 am
  #211  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 56,399
Originally Posted by njwatson32
Also worth noting is the sole upgrade on the flight was the guy sitting next to me, a 1K. I was tempted to ask his purchased fare class, but didn't.
How do you know he was upgraded as opposed to having purchased a buy-up (which will often show as a cleared upgrade on the list)?
Kacee is offline  
Old May 7, 2023, 11:32 am
  #212  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,443
Originally Posted by Kacee
How do you know he was upgraded as opposed to having purchased a buy-up (which will often show as a cleared upgrade on the list)?
Battlefield, maybe?
fumje is offline  
Old May 7, 2023, 11:36 am
  #213  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 56,399
Originally Posted by fumje
Battlefield, maybe?
You mean pulled up from Y before the door closed? Yes that would be an indicator ;-)

But just because the pax showed as upgraded on the app doesn't mean it was actually an upgrade vs. a buy-up.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Kacee is offline  
Old May 7, 2023, 12:14 pm
  #214  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,443
Originally Posted by Kacee
You mean pulled up from Y before the door closed? Yes that would be an indicator ;-)

But just because the pax showed as upgraded on the app doesn't mean it was actually an upgrade vs. a buy-up.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, either pulled up from Y or paged just before boarding. Mini-rant: it's rather annoying when the GA starts boarding with F not full and won't let upgrade go until halfway through.
atword likes this.
fumje is offline  
Old May 7, 2023, 1:13 pm
  #215  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: United 1K
Posts: 68
Originally Posted by Kacee
How do you know he was upgraded as opposed to having purchased a buy-up (which will often show as a cleared upgrade on the list)?
Ah, okay, I guess I retract my statement then. I was just going off the upgrade list. I do know he was a 1K though as the FA addressed him as such.
Kacee likes this.
njwatson32 is offline  
Old May 8, 2023, 3:57 pm
  #216  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 747
Originally Posted by fumje
... Mini-rant: it's rather annoying when the GA starts boarding with F not full and won't let upgrade go until halfway through.
If I am at a point on the list where I would clear, I go up to the desk and very nicely ask when they will be clearing the upgrade list. 4/5 times they do it right then, sometimes by asking me directly if I'm high on the upgrade list, and then clear me and anyone ahead of me. Sometimes they simply forget, either new or they got busy and missed that step.
atword is offline  
Old May 8, 2023, 5:28 pm
  #217  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ORD / PHX
Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Posts: 1,338
Can anyone clarify that this is a PS route or not? Thread is very inconsistent/confusing!
tcdtcd is offline  
Old May 8, 2023, 5:35 pm
  #218  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Posts: 3,614
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Can anyone clarify that this is a PS route or not? Thread is very inconsistent/confusing!
This is NOT a PS route. I have flown it several times recently.
SPN Lifer likes this.
nomad420 is offline  
Old May 8, 2023, 5:39 pm
  #219  
Moderator: United Airlines
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 66,731
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Can anyone clarify that this is a PS route or not? Thread is very inconsistent/confusing!
BOS<>SFO is not a PS route and has not been for sometime (UA removed it from the website years ago.). You are not guaranteed a lie-flat aircraft. You do not get PS meals but standard F domestic meals (some will argue that is better). The only uncertainty / confusing item is UC access. That has been true for Business, now First BOS<>SFO passengers and appears to continue. That was a PS benefit and is not a Domestic F benefit but does seem to be available (at the moment) for SFO<>BOS non-stop F passengers. No other PS benefits for BOS<>SFO F passengers.
SPN Lifer likes this.
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old May 8, 2023, 5:41 pm
  #220  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Posts: 31,948
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Can anyone clarify that this is a PS route or not? Thread is very inconsistent/confusing!
it is not a PS route, but there remain PS elements on the route. it is confusing ...
cfischer is offline  
Old May 8, 2023, 5:56 pm
  #221  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: BOS<>NYC<>BKK
Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Posts: 4,387
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
BOS<>SFO is not a PS route and has not been for sometime (UA removed it from the website years ago.). You are not guaranteed a lie-flat aircraft. You do not get PS meals but standard F domestic meals (some will argue that is better). The only uncertainty / confusing item is UC access. That has been true for Business, now First BOS<>SFO passengers and appears to continue. That was a PS benefit and is not a Domestic F benefit but does seem to be available (at the moment) for SFO<>BOS non-stop F passengers. No other PS benefits for BOS<>SFO F passengers.
I was just on the SFO-BOS red-eye 757 last evening. We got the "gauze" blanket and a pre-arrival snack (packaged brownie bits)/beverage. PDB was choice of water, juice, or sparkling wine. They did have my pre-ordered dinner!
wxguy is offline  
Old May 8, 2023, 6:02 pm
  #222  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Posts: 3,614
One of the main differences is that you can still get a CPU, I recently scored one on an empty 9pm BOS-SFO run on a new but crappy 737 MAX 9. NO CPU option on PS routes.
SPN Lifer likes this.
nomad420 is offline  
Old Jun 9, 2023, 7:26 pm
  #223  
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Posts: 2
As an additional data point - flew out of SFO with my United First ticket for the BOS flight and was let into the United Club with no problem
SPN Lifer and cfischer like this.
Bre1929 is offline  
Old Jun 15, 2023, 5:34 pm
  #224  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: United 1K
Posts: 68
Today when I was flying SFO-MSP I played dumb and asked why my ticket didn't come with lounge access, and the agent said it's only for SFO/LAX - EWR/BOS, so it sounds like UA may have switched the domestic lounge access policy to route rather than ticket type ("business" vs "first"). If only they'd include IAD too...
njwatson32 is offline  
Old Jun 15, 2023, 6:04 pm
  #225  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Posts: 31,948
Originally Posted by njwatson32
Today when I was flying SFO-MSP I played dumb and asked why my ticket didn't come with lounge access, and the agent said it's only for SFO/LAX - EWR/BOS, so it sounds like UA may have switched the domestic lounge access policy to route rather than ticket type ("business" vs "first"). If only they'd include IAD too...
BOS is obviously eligible and it is going back to all-752 soon ... my guess is UA is intending to officially bring back PS this summer ... we'll see. The change to 'First' recently is beyond weird
SPN Lifer likes this.
cfischer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.