Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

BOS-SFO was PS, was Business, now First, UC no/yes?, service levels? summer no 752s

BOS-SFO was PS, was Business, now First, UC no/yes?, service levels? summer no 752s

Old Nov 13, 2022, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gsalem94122
Well, my lie-flat on Dec 19th has disappeared. (BOS to SFO)

There are no flights that day showing lie-flats. I suppose we are delayed again!
What aircraft assigned?
Old Nov 13, 2022, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fumje
What aircraft assigned?
There are still 3/4 752s that day ... not sure what the OP is talking about.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
There are still 3/4 752s that day ... not sure what the OP is talking about.
Indeed, I see the same. I guess must be confused by the display for 752 seat map?
Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
BOS - SFO I noticed shows as "business" if I want to upgrade, while my other segments show as "first". Is there any difference in service on BOS-SFO? I recall from other flights if it says "Business" I get access to the UC.

TIA!
Old Nov 15, 2022, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tstauck
BOS - SFO I noticed shows as "business" if I want to upgrade, while my other segments show as "first". Is there any difference in service on BOS-SFO? I recall from other flights if it says "Business" I get access to the UC.

TIA!
yes, BOS-SFO gets you UC access in SFO and in BOS. You might also get a TCON amenity kit and possibly pillow/blanket ... YMMV on these. Meal service these days is not really different; you do get a pre-arrival snack though.

Upgrading BOS-SFO is VERY difficult ... I would upfare if you want to fly up front.
tstauck likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAX-BOS vv currently runs a 752 on one of the the two daily flights.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cesco.g
LAX-BOS vv currently runs a 752 on one of the the two daily flights.
correct, no amenities though and no lounge access
Old Nov 16, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
correct, no amenities though and no lounge access
I am a bit confused now, SFO-BOS I thought was still NOT a PS flight hence no UC access? Did they recently re-designate this route to PS? I know they do at least on occasion run the lie-flats but I haven't flown this route since last summer.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by nomad420
I am a bit confused now, SFO-BOS I thought was still NOT a PS flight hence no UC access? Did they recently re-designate this route to PS? I know they do at least on occasion run the lie-flats but I haven't flown this route since last summer.
The current web page shows only EWR-LAX/SFO. The brand is now (and has been for a while) Premium Transcontinental Service (p.t.s.). If they have been giving UC access to BOS customers, it's above and beyond what's publicly advertised.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
If I decide to upgrade BOS - SFO this weekend by upfaring or miles, I'll report back on the UC access via the "business" boarding pass.

It's $399 to upfare which isn't bad for a 6.5 hour flight. 737 however. The mileage upgrade is 15k miles + $125 co-pay as well.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 3:47 pm

Can report next Fri, bought up on the red-eye for $350.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by tstauck
If I decide to upgrade BOS - SFO this weekend by upfaring or miles, I'll report back on the UC access via the "business" boarding pass.

It's $399 to upfare which isn't bad for a 6.5 hour flight. 737 however. The mileage upgrade is 15k miles + $125 co-pay as well.
I would probably jump at it as well over my typical "hobo first" 737 row21 aisle seat. LOL.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomad420
No, this just never changed and this route is still marketed as business. It is not YMMV, it is a well-known benefit. Every time I fly BOS-SFO the check-in agent reminds me that I have lounge access. I have used it a least a dozen times since it officially lost premium transcon status.

You just scan you BP and it'll let you in. Used it on departure and arrival (connecting to HI in SFO) and no issues whatsoever ... green light
SPN Lifer, wxguy, EWR764 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, IHG Spire, Marriot Gold
yes, BOS-SFO gets you UC access in SFO and in BOS. You might also get a TCON amenity kit and possibly pillow/blanket ... YMMV on these. Meal service these days is not really different; you do get a pre-arrival snack though.

Upgrading BOS-SFO is VERY difficult ... I would upfare if you want to fly up front.
Upgrading BOS to SFO is very difficult indeed. BUT, if you're willing to do BOS-IAD-SFO, it becomes easier. UC access is no longer there however.

Meal/prearrival snack - are all meh, aside from the Albanese gummy bears that's usually on the SFO-BOS-SFO segments.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 1:07 pm

No, this just never changed and this route is still marketed as business. It is not YMMV, it is a well-known benefit. Every time I fly BOS-SFO the check-in agent reminds me that I have lounge access. I have used it a least a dozen times since it officially lost premium transcon status.

You just scan you BP and it'll let you in. Used it on departure and arrival (connecting to HI in SFO) and no issues whatsoever ... green light
Long time UC/RCC member so didn't realize this benefit existed but that is great for those who need it. In the past UA has been very strict/limited on giving that benefit to it F class passengers for years (domestic) so a bit surprised they extended it to this non PTS flight.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.