Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

BOS-SFO was PS, was Business, now First, UC no/yes?, service levels? summer no 752s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS-SFO was PS, was Business, now First, UC no/yes?, service levels? summer no 752s

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Did you eat?
Chicken with Orzo, Christie chocolate chip cookie, warm bread, and on arrival, the deli saucer. All was fine, the white cheese on deli suace/plate was dry and a 2 pack of crackers was too little
wxguy likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K
Any recent reports on SFO UC access? I am flying SFO-BOS on 11/6.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
In October, accessed UC in both SFO and BOS.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:53 pm

12/25 BOS-SFO downgauged from 752 to 7M9. Looks like it's just that one -- perhaps not a surprise, given that it is Christmas Day.

Since this is no longer officially premium transcontinental, what are reasonable expectations for compensation (if any)?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Given it's a schedule change and not day-of, I'd expect your best bet would be to ask for BOS-EWR-SFO, or no compensation.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tromer
12/25 BOS-SFO downgauged from 752 to 7M9. Looks like it's just that one -- perhaps not a surprise, given that it is Christmas Day.

Since this is no longer officially premium transcontinental, what are reasonable expectations for compensation (if any)?
yeah, it is just the red-eye and return currently as a 752 and there is no red-eye over x-mas. I would re-route via EWR.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by cfischer
yeah, it is just the red-eye and return currently as a 752 and there is no red-eye over x-mas. I would re-route via EWR.
So you're aiming for the red-eye departing on Xmas or Xmas Eve?

David
Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by findark
Given it's a schedule change and not day-of, I'd expect your best bet would be to ask for BOS-EWR-SFO, or no compensation.
That is what I suspected, and is entirely reasonable, if disappointing. An earlier departure to make it to EWR doesn't work for me that day, so I will accept it and move on.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At SFO UC right now. No issues w/ access in BOS or in SFO; was even thanked in SFO for being 1K . Service on board is p.s. as far as meal service is concerned, but on my flights no premium blankets and amenity kits. I can live with that to be honest
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:06 pm

I've been avoiding SFO-BOS non-stops since pre-COVID due to the 737 swap. I really like the 757s.

Connecting in EWR or IAD usually means widebody service, often on a 787 with Premium Economy options. That's much preferable to cramped 737.
droopydog and nomad420 like this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by LouieBOS
I've been avoiding SFO-BOS non-stops since pre-COVID due to the 737 swap. I really like the 757s.

Connecting in EWR or IAD usually means widebody service, often on a 787 with Premium Economy options. That's much preferable to cramped 737.
While I totally agree the 737 is horrible on that run and absolutely nothing compared to the PS service pre pandemic I unfortunately still use the direct service as I hate the connect probably more than the 737.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomad420
While I totally agree the 737 is horrible on that run and absolutely nothing compared to the PS service pre pandemic I unfortunately still use the direct service as I hate the connect probably more than the 737.
I agree. Unless a redeye, I would fly nonstop on a 737 over connecting in EWR just to get a lie-flat. Time is too important, and recliners just aren't that bad; I spent years doing SFO-IAD regularly.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
At SFO UC right now. No issues w/ access in BOS or in SFO; was even thanked in SFO for being 1K . Service on board is p.s. as far as meal service is concerned, but on my flights no premium blankets and amenity kits. I can live with that to be honest
red-eye was good. This time with Saks Pillow, gel pillow, amenity kit etc. Definitely going to continue to boom the red-eye on the 752. Also, no issues accessing the UC in BOS upon arrival for a quick espresso
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:42 pm

I'm flying BOS - SFO and noticed the mileage upgrade award still includes the copay even though I'm a premier member. Since this isn't a PS route anymore (?), has anyone tried to get this waived by calling?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe it is still Business-marketed, so it would be a tough sell. Should still grant lounge access, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.