Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

DEN > SFO early morning flight (6 AM) gone for good?

Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver

I might be late to this but I just noticed that there is no longer the daily 6 AM flight from DEN to SFO.
Does anyone know if this is a temporary thing or gone for good? The earliest I see is at 7:50 AM.

To connect to any international flight at SFO from DEN, this was an important flight as the next flight leaves much less room for changing planes.

I used to be on this flight when I flew on UA 893 (to Seoul) and UA 837 (to Tokyo). It looks like 837 has been rescheduled to depart at 1 PM instead, so the connection is not a problem.
The flight to Seoul still leaves at 10:40 AM however, which means you have to take the evening flight the night before - I just don't think 50 minutes is enough especially with COVID and everything...
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by maverickar15
I might be late to this but I just noticed that there is no longer the daily 6 AM flight from DEN to SFO.
Does anyone know if this is a temporary thing or gone for good? The earliest I see is at 7:50 AM.

To connect to any international flight at SFO from DEN, this was an important flight as the next flight leaves much less room for changing planes.

I used to be on this flight when I flew on UA 893 (to Seoul) and UA 837 (to Tokyo). It looks like 837 has been rescheduled to depart at 1 PM instead, so the connection is not a problem.
The flight to Seoul still leaves at 10:40 AM however, which means you have to take the evening flight the night before - I just don't think 50 minutes is enough especially with COVID and everything...
As you said, the 6 AM DEN-SFO was designed for international connection. Now, the majority of SFO international service has been suspended or subject to schedule change. Once the schedule restores, this flight will be back.
writerguyfl and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Looks that way... even if it's tight (and probably not advisable), it's still a legal connection at SFO. Maybe when (if) Bay Area business and TPAC demand returns, there might be a case for it, but for now it's not in any of the upcoming schedules.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:35 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
DEN > SFO early morning flight (6 AM) gone for good? ..
Schedules are based on demand and operations, schedule will change if those factors change. Little in the airline industry is "permanent"
To connect to any international flight at SFO ...
What international SFO flights? SFO TPAC is presently 80-90% reduced.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Right, I guess that makes sense given that international traffic low at SFO these days. I will be flying to Seoul a few times in the fall and winter.

I don't know about other TPAC destinations but it looks like UA 893 (Seoul) is flying with some frequency (5 times a week?) and UA 837 (Tokyo) back to flying daily.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Right, I guess that makes sense given that international traffic low at SFO these days. I will be flying to Seoul a few times in the fall and winter.

I don't know about other TPAC destinations but it looks like UA 893 (Seoul) is flying with some frequency (5 times a week?) and UA 837 (Tokyo) back to flying daily.
Both Korea and Japan are banning leisure travelers. Korea even imposes a quarantine on everyone entering. Don't see how full those flights can be.

I simply don't know how you can enter Korea unless you are a Korean.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... I don't know about other TPAC destinations but it looks like UA 893 (Seoul) is flying with some frequency (5 times a week?) and UA 837 (Tokyo) back to flying daily.
From SFO
No China flights except one PVG, only one NRT Japan (no HND, KIX, ..), no HKG, essential no Australia, no SIN, no BLR (but DEL is flying) , ... and others

Note SFO-TATL isn't much better

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 7, 2021 at 12:52 pm Reason: Note SFO-TATL isn't much better
Old Sep 7, 2021, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Nothing is permanent.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung
Both Korea and Japan are banning leisure travelers. Korea even imposes a quarantine on everyone entering. Don't see how full those flights can be.

I simply don't know how you can enter Korea unless you are a Korean.
I'm not, but my wife is and has family in Korea and Japan. Apparently Korea allows for quarantine exemption if visiting family and fully vaccinated. (no word on Japan yet) Will see how that works...

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
From SFO
No China flights except one PVG, only one NRT Japan (no HND, KIX, ..), no HKG, essential no Australia, no SIN, no BLR (but DEL is flying) , ... and others

Note SFO-TATL isn't much better
Good info... I thought services to other countries would have resumed a bit more by now, with increasing vaccination rates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.