Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
united.com/preordermeals

Generally available on all flights (including widebodies) over 900 miles except Premium Transcon (EWR<>SFO/LAX)

Pre-order has priority on the flight even about GS/1K and while originally pre-order was limited to a portion of each inflight choice, recent reports pre-order can consume the entire flight's allocation of a particular offering.

archive thread: UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks {Archive}

Print Wikipost

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2023, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tstauck
Agree, that would be a first for a widebody.
Which is crazy. Being a bit sarcastic, of course, but trying to understand the ‘premium’ part of Premium Transcontinental when I can pre-order a can of Pringles on a, say, domestic 3 hour flight in Y but not pre-order a meal in Premium Plus (or Business, for that matter) on a ‘Premium Transcontinental’ service. (Also can’t even use free wifi provided by T-mobile, but I realize that’s for another thread).
Old Feb 15, 2023, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by econ
I'm seeing one for a transcon flight in Y coming up.
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Which is crazy. Being a bit sarcastic, of course, but trying to understand the ‘premium’ part of Premium Transcontinental when I can pre-order a can of Pringles on a, say, domestic 3 hour flight in Y but not pre-order a meal in Premium Plus (or Business, for that matter) on a ‘Premium Transcontinental’ service.
It's only a priority for UA if it's a revenue item. They'd much rather sell stuff to Y pax than give it J pax. They already have your money.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SS255
My pre-ordered meal on LAX-IAH wasn’t loaded today. No compensation was offered.
This would be comical if it wasn't so pathetic (and undoubtedly frustrating to those whose meals aren't loaded).

Good thing the folks in charge of pre-order aren't maintaining the flight systems software.
SS255 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My pre-ordered meal on LAX-IAH wasn’t loaded today. No compensation was offered.
Good thing you didn't preorder that as well!
SS255 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, next, I’m on scheduled out on YYZ-SFO - narrowbody obviously - in Y, and no sign of ore-order either. No email, no option in the reservation. This is a separate reservation than my inbound, the one upthread where I was on premium transcontinental widebody. I flew this flight in November also, and was offered preorder, so can’t be the route (although it’s only snack boxes in the back, IME, even though it’s scheduled as 6 hours gate-to-gate.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 4:37 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by fumje
Good thing you didn't preorder that as well!
My pre-ordered meal and at least one other in the F cabin on SRQ- IAD was not loaded on 2/17. Instead they subustituted random meals for both pax.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Finally, for my widebody 777-200 from LAX - IAD this Thursday, did receive for the first time a pre-order email. Plan to order and will report back if it happens!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: UA
I've had pre-ordered meals not loaded, written in, and gotten compensation.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by angetenar
I've had pre-ordered meals not loaded, written in, and gotten compensation.
Inhave 2 more legs to go on this trip. I want to see if the next 2 legs pass or fail before I complain. My pre-ordered meal was loaded on IAH-RTB yesterday, so I’m 2 for 2 thus far.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
LAX - IAD 777-200 this Thursday, confirming I can pre-order, however only snacks or drinks. As been reported by others, all of the meals say "out of stock, may still be available on the flight".

Obviously UA still has to figure out that issue.

8MiHi likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
I had a short-notice trip to the Pacific last month. I duly received the preorder link for my morning DEN-SFO flight (nothing for the SFO-NRT leg). I believe I ordered whatever they had with eggs but when I boarded, the flight attendant told me I had a special order meal of granola. I hadn't requested a special meal and it wasn't indicated anywhere on my reservation that I could find. As it turned out the attendant was able to get me an extra egg meal so I didn't have to do the granola.

I ended up with a similar situation on the SFO-NRT leg, being told I had a special low-cal meal ordered. This time there were no extras. I figured this a sign from above for putting on a few pounds last year and realized I could make up for it at the NH club in NRT.

The scenario repeated on my return HND-HNL (this time on NH) and then HNL-DEN. I was able to talk to a UA agent during the long layover in HNL and found out there WAS a special meal code on my reservation, apparently placed by my travel agency, but it wasn't visible anywhere on my reservation using the website or app and it was too late to remove the code for my HNL-DEN flight.

For everyone complaining about the UA Polaris food, the low cal meals on NH were nothing to write home about either. Basically poached chicken with steamed vegetables. On one leg, I got a dessert: a tea-flavored gelatin.

I made up for it in the NH lounges at NRT and HND and again during the long layover in HNL (no, I didn't go to the UC, I had my family pick me up and we had good local food).
Old Feb 21, 2023, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emcampbe
So, next, I’m on scheduled out on YYZ-SFO - narrowbody obviously - in Y, and no sign of ore-order either. No email, no option in the reservation.
Same with me for a flight in three days.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bear96
Same with me for a flight in three days.
Pre-order did become an option, but later than I expected. Seems like email arrived approx. T-48 hours prior to flight.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by tstauck
LAX - IAD 777-200 this Thursday, confirming I can pre-order, however only snacks or drinks. As been reported by others, all of the meals say "out of stock, may still be available on the flight".

Obviously UA still has to figure out that issue.

LAX - KOA this weekend also only snacks and drinks. All meals are "out of stock"!
Old Feb 22, 2023, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
LAX - KOA this weekend also only snacks and drinks. All meals are "out of stock"!
That's a feature of United. That way they can serve anything they want. Or not.. And then have some folks say "Sure, its supply chain".

David
8MiHi and tstauck like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.