FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2048070-ua-preorder-premium-cabin-meal-y-snacks-drinks-all-800-900-mile.html)

DawgmanOH Jan 4, 2023 12:37 pm

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Flying EWR-EDI in Polaris on Saturday and was surprised one can't preorder on that flight. At least FlyerTalk confirmed I wasn't crazy when I didn't receive an email about food selection.

elitefreak Jan 4, 2023 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by DawgmanOH (Post 34892510)
Flying EWR-EDI in Polaris on Saturday and was surprised one can't preorder on that flight. At least FlyerTalk confirmed I wasn't crazy when I didn't receive an email about food selection.

Ridiculous that UA can't add this option. Wouldn't it save them money to cater more accurately? I'm flying Fri EWR- AMS and had the same thought. Sigh . . .

kirkwoodj Jan 6, 2023 6:13 am

Still no preorder on domestic widebodies either. I have IAH-SFO in a couple days on 772, no dice.

Lurch Jan 13, 2023 9:08 am

On flight SAN-DEN-DTW flight both pre-ordered meals were not catered. This has happened before.

wxguy Jan 13, 2023 10:01 am

DEN-BOS yesterday pre-ordered meal was not boarded. In fact, only one hot entree was boarded, and it was different than anything on the pre-order menu. FA apologized and make a "continental" setup for those who didn't want the asiago egg sandwich. FWIW, no snack boxes were boarded for Y either.

chavala Jan 19, 2023 9:10 am

The link for my pre-order option seems to have disappeared for my upcoming flights both in FC and my Y snack box. No email either. Anyone else?

MarkyMarc Jan 19, 2023 9:49 am

Originally Posted by tarheelnj (Post 34820533)
Surprised to see so many pre-order choices on "relatively" short EWR-MSP flights (lunch outbound, breakfast return).

Surprised to see this many options on my IAH-BOG flight next week, too. And some seared things I have not seen before. There weren't half the quantity of choice in June '22 when I flew it last.

Will probably go with the seared short rib (I don't have fish on planes since the dilemma that ensued on the Trans American flight featured in Airplane! in 1980.) :D
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...387a9ebebe.png
IAH-BOG 23 Jan, Dinner Flight

emcampbe Feb 12, 2023 9:33 pm

Anyone know how far in advance one can usually take advantage of pre-order?

we’re in premium plus on Friday SFO-EWR - my understanding is pre-order should be available 5 days prior to flight (it’s an afternoon departure, so if we’re counting by the hour, less than 120 hours now). If not, how long before should we get the option. No email, and no option in the reservation details.

fumje Feb 12, 2023 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 35007018)
Anyone know how far in advance one can usually take advantage of pre-order?

we’re in premium plus on Friday SFO-EWR - my understanding is pre-order should be available 5 days prior to flight (it’s an afternoon departure, so if we’re counting by the hour, less than 120 hours now). If not, how long before should we get the option. No email, and no option in the reservation details.

Never heard of preorder for P+. Additionally, no preorder for widebody. (Mysterious as to why.)

emcampbe Feb 13, 2023 12:39 am

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 35007023)
Never heard of preorder for P+. Additionally, no preorder for widebody. (Mysterious as to why.)

Just assumed that if there was preorder for both domestic F and also Y, P+ on Premium Transcontinental would have it as well.

Big 👎 if that is the case.

wjj Feb 13, 2023 7:32 am

Originally Posted by chavala (Post 34939037)
The link for my pre-order option seems to have disappeared for my upcoming flights both in FC and my Y snack box. No email either. Anyone else?

Happened to me a few weeks ago on RSW/ORD. Nothing on the app or website. I called three times and no one could help. I finally got transferred to web services (or whatever they call it) and after being on hold for 45 minutes I just gave up. What they had on board was the old awful chicken bits thing on couscous and some cauliflower grain thing that looked even worse (I thought they got rid of both of those months ago). So I would have ordered a Takeoff Box anyway.

The return on ORD/RSW a week later was fine with five choices.

econ Feb 13, 2023 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 35007023)

I'm seeing one for a transcon flight in Y coming up.

emcampbe Feb 14, 2023 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by econ (Post 35009665)
I'm seeing one for a transcon flight in Y coming up.

is this on a widebody?

tstauck Feb 14, 2023 8:11 pm

Agree, that would be a first for a widebody.

I'm flying LAX - IAD next week on a 777, will report back on this as well.

econ Feb 14, 2023 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 35012320)
is this on a widebody?

Yep, a 777. Got an email reminder, otherwise I probably wouldn't have even checked on it.