Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
united.com/preordermeals

Generally available on all flights (including widebodies) over 900 miles except Premium Transcon (EWR<>SFO/LAX)

Pre-order has priority on the flight even about GS/1K and while originally pre-order was limited to a portion of each inflight choice, recent reports pre-order can consume the entire flight's allocation of a particular offering.

archive thread: UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks {Archive}

Print Wikipost

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 7:30 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Received e-mail yesterday morning for Tuesday's flight to preorder breakfast, but get an error "Preorder window is closed." Is there any other way to pre-order my meal? Thx!
Same thing happened to me last weekend. Could not order from two different PCs with different browsers (got the pre-order window closed message) but the app was functioning correctly and accepted our orders. Our pre-orders were served on the flight yesterday without a hitch.
Old May 26, 2023, 7:49 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Chatted with an agent via the app who first thought i meant special meals and then told me to provide the request directly at the airport desk
Old May 26, 2023, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
I'm getting the same error when clicking on "Snacks for Purchase" link in the record. If I log out and just go to united.com/preordermeals I get the same page "Preorder window is closed" even though I haven't entered a flight.

Seems like something is borken with the web site. I am also getting upsell offers inside the record (right above the first flight) but if I click on it or on the Upgrade Flight link I get no upgrade available. This is true across multiple records. On some records the upsell is available in the app on some records it is not.
Old May 26, 2023, 9:05 am

Programs: UA
I was able to put in a pre-order this morning via the app.
Old May 26, 2023, 10:14 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Received my pre-order email 5 days in advance of Wed's widebody flight (787, LAX - ID). Still the usual "out of stock" messages.

Old May 26, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K
I have a flight in 4 days where I was prompted to preorder but when I go, it says the preorder window is closed. Anyone know if something's wrong? It's F SFO-IAH on a 737. Pretty standard. Website even suggests it's a preorder flight as the other legs are unavailable (Polaris)
Old May 26, 2023, 11:26 am

Programs: UA GS & 3MM, HHONORS Diamond
FWIW, I have never seen the coach meal options as available for pre-order, just the snacks. If I am sitting towards the back (e.g., exit row) I usually ask the FA to reserve a burger or breakfast sandwich for me before they run out. They sometimes then reserve one on their app for me.
Spectre17 and tstauck like this.
Old May 26, 2023, 11:37 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by sfnats
I have a flight in 4 days where I was prompted to preorder but when I go, it says the preorder window is closed. Anyone know if something's wrong? It's F SFO-IAH on a 737. Pretty standard. Website even suggests it's a preorder flight as the other legs are unavailable (Polaris)
I'm getting that today as well, although I calculated that it's actually 5 days and 6 hours until departure, so will try again later...
Old May 28, 2023, 8:10 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Ok we're still well within the window, still getting the "

Preorder window is closed"

SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 28, 2023, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Same here

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Ok we're still well within the window, still getting the "

Preorder window is closed"

Old May 28, 2023, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I got this error on Thursday for my EWR-LAX flight in a couple days. I don’t care all that much about preordering, but it certainly is a nice option to have. Not sure if it’s different because it’s premium TCON vs. not (I can’t recall if I’ve had to option to preorder J meals this year), but mildly irritating nonetheless.
Old May 30, 2023, 12:58 am

30 hours out from departure, still getting same message
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 31, 2023, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
30 hours out from departure, still getting same message
Did your pre-order window ever open?

David
Old May 31, 2023, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Useless - 4 days out and received the email to pre-order.
Old May 31, 2023, 12:39 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
I have an upcoming ogg-den
I got the email yesterday to select my choices and even though still 36 hours out I got the same error message. Maybe they are sensing that something hasn’t been working and they are updating their system based upon what appears to be something that fundamentally has not been working for anybody as we have seen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.