Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
united.com/preordermeals

Generally available on all flights (including widebodies) over 900 miles except Premium Transcon (EWR<>SFO/LAX)

Pre-order has priority on the flight even about GS/1K and while originally pre-order was limited to a portion of each inflight choice, recent reports pre-order can consume the entire flight's allocation of a particular offering.

archive thread: UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks {Archive}

Print Wikipost

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2023, 4:56 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Yesterday on the LAX-ORD redeye, I had preordered the beef and broccoli. The purser came by and acknowledged it. About 30 minutes later, she came by and was very upset. She said another pax ordered the same and that she only had one and that he got it. She said that she messed up as I was the only GS on the flight and that I should have received it. She kept apologizing and asked if the Thai meatballs would be okay. Having had them before, I said yes. She came by about an hour later and said that I was so gracious about the problem. I told her that it was an honest mistake and not to worry about it and thanks for owning the problem. About a half-hour after that, she came by and gave me a $50 cert for the issue. A win for me.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 7:19 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Yesterday on the LAX-ORD redeye, I had preordered the beef and broccoli. The purser came by and acknowledged it. About 30 minutes later, she came by and was very upset. She said another pax ordered the same and that she only had one and that he got it. She said that she messed up as I was the only GS on the flight and that I should have received it. She kept apologizing and asked if the Thai meatballs would be okay. Having had them before, I said yes. She came by about an hour later and said that I was so gracious about the problem. I told her that it was an honest mistake and not to worry about it and thanks for owning the problem. About a half-hour after that, she came by and gave me a $50 cert for the issue. A win for me.
It is much better to be transparent about the error instead of coming up with an excuse. Did she offer you extra alcoholic beverages?
Old Mar 28, 2023, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
An FA told me that the pre-orders have the customer’s name on the package. I wonder whose order UA screwed up? If it was your order, that might explain why the FA messed up, and gave the lesser status pax their meal choice.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 11:52 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
It is much better to be transparent about the error instead of coming up with an excuse. Did she offer you extra alcoholic beverages?
She was very forthcoming about her mistake and I told her how much I appreciated her honesty about it.

I did order a Diet Coke and Buffalo Trace and twice she brought me the can and two minis.
SS255 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 10:43 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Anyone been getting preorders ex-FLL? We still have nuthin for our flight in a couple days
Rocketman1 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 11:55 pm

Pre-Order Option Disappeared 48 Hours Out

Hey guys,

Yesterday evening I went to double check my meal pre-order for my flight Tuesday afternoon and the option to edit or order is gone. Now I already made my choice and have the confirmation email, but I’m confused as to why it vanished much further out than the 24 hour cut off. Any thoughts?
Old Apr 12, 2023, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Still getting the stupid "out of stock" messages for all hot items on a flight in Y that is 5 days out. Interestingly, all alcohol options (not that I plan on having on on my 645am flight) are also out of stock. SNA-EWR, 2433 miles, 5:22 duration
Old Apr 14, 2023, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Is this working for everyone?

I preordered a meal on the site and called 1K later to change it. They said they had no record of it.

I gave up and sure enough there was no meal for me on the flight. Is there anything I should be doing differently?
Old Apr 14, 2023, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by azfanboy

I preordered a meal on the site and called 1K later to change it. They said they had no record of it.

I gave up and sure enough there was no meal for me on the flight. Is there anything I should be doing differently?
Not change your mind?
Xyzzy and artvandalay like this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 8:45 am

no pre-order on eastbound Polaris WB TATLs?

Is it still true there is no pre-order on these flights? I'm 3 days out with no email invite, and the URL link to pre-order yields "window is closed" even though it didn't ask for any flight info.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Probably fly an airline that actually has a clue about implementing an effective pre-ordering system. Said airline needs to willing to a) actually confirming one's order choice, b) having IT that the traveler as well as UA personnel can see (and edit) the order, c) having caterers able to produce the order (on time), d) catering personnel that can deliver the correct order to the correct plane and e) FAs willing to deliver the order to the passenger who actually ordered it - and prepare it per spec/documentation.

And an airline willing to hold itself accountable for said service.

David
azfanboy likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K

You should be able to change it on the site, I've done it before with no issues. Perhaps your initial pre-order did not actually save? Generally speaking you should receive an email afterwards confirming your meal choice
Old Apr 28, 2023, 10:54 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Preorder options for my CLE-DEN morning flight in Y next week. Any reports of the "out of stock" breakfast items actually being available on board?

Old Apr 28, 2023, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I don't think you are able to preorder fresh food in Y, which may be why you are seeing the out of stock display. Should be available to order during flight.

The preorder function may not be working properly anyway. I have submitted to food order three times, and am still seeing the select your meal option. Also, the food preorder link comes and goes in the Android app.
Old May 26, 2023, 6:37 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
"Preorder window is closed" Error

Received e-mail yesterday morning for Tuesday's flight to preorder breakfast, but get an error "Preorder window is closed." Is there any other way to pre-order my meal? Thx!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.