Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
united.com/preordermeals

Generally available on all flights (including widebodies) over 900 miles except Premium Transcon (EWR<>SFO/LAX)

Pre-order has priority on the flight even about GS/1K and while originally pre-order was limited to a portion of each inflight choice, recent reports pre-order can consume the entire flight's allocation of a particular offering.

archive thread: UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks {Archive}

Print Wikipost

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2023, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Dinner preorder not available on my Sunday evening flight CLT-IAH. Its a 737-900 and is over 800 miles. Maybe not available ex-CLT?

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Dinner preorder not available on my Sunday evening flight CLT-IAH. Its a 737-900 and is over 800 miles. Maybe not available ex-CLT?
Was told by FA that not available at CLT outstation

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 15, 2023 at 4:13 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Dec 10, 2023, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Was told by FA that not available at CLT outstation
What ended up on the dinner menu? Strange that this outstation, surprised CLT is even an outstation for UA catering even though it’s a massive hub for AA, while I have had no issues with preordering on SRQ-IAD.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 7:20 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Longboater
What ended up on the dinner menu? Strange that this outstation, surprised CLT is even an outstation for UA catering even though it’s a massive hub for AA, while I have had no issues with preordering on SRQ-IAD.
Chicken meatballs or mushroom ravioli.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Chicken meatballs or mushroom ravioli.
Which would did you order? I presume given your status you got what you wanted. I had the chicken meatballs the other night and they were pretty good! I actually burned my mouth on the polenta. I am having the mushroom ravioli for dinner tomorrow night. Wanted to try both.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Longboater
Which would did you order? I presume given your status you got what you wanted. I had the chicken meatballs the other night and they were pretty good! I actually burned my mouth on the polenta. I am having the mushroom ravioli for dinner tomorrow night. Wanted to try both.
I got the ravioli and she got the meatballs. both good.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 10:15 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I just got a generic reminder e-mail from United that they have pre-ordering. By generic, I mean that I don't have any flights on UA until New Year's Day, so this seems to just be a general reminder that the pre-order feature exists.

I am very much a fan of the pre-order feature and I definitely use it.

Old Dec 20, 2023, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ty97
I just got a generic reminder e-mail from United that they have pre-ordering. By generic, I mean that I don't have any flights on UA until New Year's Day, so this seems to just be a general reminder that the pre-order feature exists.

Got it, too. I’ve noticed a lot of people ignore the pre-order function. I usually use it, but sometimes for breakfast, I skip the entree and just want the yogurt/fruit/croissant- that’s not a choice (it should be).
Old Dec 20, 2023, 12:15 pm

Got it also and was briefly worried I'd either forgotten to cancel an itinerary or had booked something in a late-night stupor
Old Dec 20, 2023, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Fair enough.
I am very much not a fan of the pre-order feature and will only reluctantly use it.
Simply can't predict what I feel like eating a week in advance.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 5:27 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond

My wife got the same email and said, "Wait, are we going somewhere soon?" (Her next flight is late January.)

As someone who has been receiving the selection emails for a long time, I was a bit surprised they're reminding me about the option.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 7:51 pm

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Flying IAH-MTJ on Sunday (Christmas Eve), still no pre order. We'll see what tomorrow morning brings. Operated by Skywest, does that make a difference?
Old Dec 20, 2023, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Add me to the list of confused fliers who got the generic "pre-order" email and I have no immediate UA flights coming up that would warrant this. Why is UA spamming us during the holidays for something so mundane I wonder?

-RM
Old Dec 20, 2023, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Thread title will need changing in 10 days: 800 900
Old Dec 21, 2023, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by VRFast
Flying IAH-MTJ on Sunday (Christmas Eve), still no pre order. We'll see what tomorrow morning brings. Operated by Skywest, does that make a difference?
There are no hot meals on RJs, as the aircraft don't have ovens.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
There are no hot meals on RJs, as the aircraft don't have ovens.
it’s actually an E175. Nice upgrade.
oops, perhaps the same issue with the Embraers?

Last edited by VRFast; Dec 21, 2023 at 8:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.