Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
united.com/preordermeals

Generally available on all flights (including widebodies) over 900 miles except Premium Transcon (EWR<>SFO/LAX)

Pre-order has priority on the flight even about GS/1K and while originally pre-order was limited to a portion of each inflight choice, recent reports pre-order can consume the entire flight's allocation of a particular offering.

archive thread: UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks {Archive}

Print Wikipost

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2023, 8:24 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Both my recent flights actually catered my selected meals, and the FAs went around the cabin checking in with each person who'd pre-ordered to confirm their choice. Surprisingly glitch free for once

I had changed my outbound from a connection to nonstop at T-26, and it let me choose a new meal, and the choice stuck, which honestly surprised me.

Burger outbound on IAD-DEN, frittata on the return. The latter was better than the last time I had it, the former worse, so a wash.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 2:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Pre order successful

Originally Posted by rmc1
We’re going EWR-FCO and got pre-order email on UA40 (787-10). It let us and friend pick food so now we’ll see if they actually load what we ordered. Choices look decent.

we all actually received our pre-orders, although my friend said the chicken was not very good. I liked the cod.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 1:23 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Has anyone heard when pre-order is coming to domestic wide-bodies? The last I heard it was August 1, but nothing materialized then or since. TYIA
Old Oct 19, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Has anyone heard when pre-order is coming to domestic wide-bodies? The last I heard it was August 1, but nothing materialized then or since. TYIA
For what it’s worth I’ve been sporadically receiving the pre-order emails. I received one for EWR / SFO in August but not for the return, No email for EWR / LAX I did receive on for Sunday’s EWR / SFO flight and only had the meal loaded out of the three ordered.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 11:24 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Got preorder options for IAH-HNL on WB coming up--tamarind chicken, cauliflower thing, or short rib.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 1:46 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
goalie-parents chose BBQ grilled chicken thighs and the sweet chili grass noodle salad for UA548 BWI-SFO on October 24th and where I chose their meals for their outbound on October 17th SFO-BWI and barely remained in the will , I’m off the hook for their return flight
plaintalk likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 3:57 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Has anyone successfully received the Rigatoni Pomodoro via preorder? I'm at 0% success rate for my meal-served preorder-eligible flights in October (and I've never heard it offered on a non-preorder flight). I'm starting to wonder if it actually exists and the substitutions offered are insanely stupid/bad/inedible (for me).

Last week, IAH-EWR the substitution was "something tofu" with no other F meal options offered -- asked for a Takeoff box from the back was given a Takeoff and Tapas box and a shrug. (That flight had offered the Pub burger during preorder which had I not been at burger saturation and/or known that I couldn't get pasta I would have gone for...perhaps if preorder is going to be this unreliable they should ask for a 1st and 2nd choice)

Last night, SFO-CLE it was "roasted vegetables" but the purser read my face before I could say anything and VERY quickly said "...but we have other options as well..." unfortunately none of the three on offer sounded appealing so I asked for a box from the back... he said he thought there was fresh fruit for BoB and offered that. Came back with the box and an apology that they don't do fruit on the red-eyes, also offered a ETC for the trouble (mentioned that this was not the first time)... half-way though the snack box he showed up with the fruit-and-cold cuts plate and mentioned that they had an extra crew meal so he thought I might like that (reminds me... now that I'm awake I need to send in a compliment)
SPN Lifer and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by goalie
goalie-parents chose BBQ grilled chicken thighs and the sweet chili grass noodle salad for UA548 BWI-SFO on October 24th and where I chose their meals for their outbound on October 17th SFO-BWI and barely remained in the will , I’m off the hook for their return flight
Glad you didn't book the grass noodles for them, maybe they don't like grass.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

In my experience, the BBQ chicken thighs are a solid comfort food choice.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 5:45 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
HNL-IAH same choices as usual, can just preorder now--Chicken katsu vs cauliflower puree veg dish.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 7:14 am

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Pre-order for IAD-SRQ on 10/31. Pre-selected Belgian Waffle as I love a good sugar bomb for breakfast and do not eat eggs.

Old Oct 27, 2023, 2:34 am

Programs: LH SEN
Is there a way to pre-book meals on Polaris if the flight is booked under code-share with LH?
Old Oct 27, 2023, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FS_FRA
Is there a way to pre-book meals on Polaris if the flight is booked under code-share with LH?
Assuming you do mean it's UA metal, I think if you open the reservation in the UA app or website within 5 days of departure, you should see the link show up in the flight details, same as UA native. I don't have experience with LH codeshare to verify, though.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
New Option for December

I received my Pre-Order request for IAD-LAX for this coming Friday night, the 10 PM departure and discovered a new meal option: Tomato and Burrata Manicotti with Black Pepper Alfredo. I have selected it as my dish and will report back in the appropriate thread. In the meantime, I have selected the Four-Cheese skillet burger with fries for the first time on my SRQ-IAD flight on Tuesday, as it is double-catered and wanted to try the fries for a change.

SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 7:42 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Longboater
I received my Pre-Order request for IAD-LAX for this coming Friday night, the 10 PM departure and discovered a new meal option: Tomato and Burrata Manicotti with Black Pepper Alfredo. I have selected it as my dish and will report back in the appropriate thread. In the meantime, I have selected the Four-Cheese skillet burger with fries for the first time on my SRQ-IAD flight on Tuesday, as it is double-catered and wanted to try the fries for a change.

The burger was okay, but fries were too soft. I threw them away.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 4:13 pm

Upcoming LAX-IAD flight and here are my options. Thinking either of the Chicken meatballs or mushroom ravioli. I have seen good reviews of both, in particular the former.

SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.