Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
united.com/preordermeals

Generally available on all flights (including widebodies) over 900 miles except Premium Transcon (EWR<>SFO/LAX)

Pre-order has priority on the flight even about GS/1K and while originally pre-order was limited to a portion of each inflight choice, recent reports pre-order can consume the entire flight's allocation of a particular offering.

archive thread: UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks {Archive}

Print Wikipost

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2023, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Trying to think of another carrier that has pre-order, but then indicates to their premium cabin customers that certain options are already unavailable.
Haven't ever observed it on AA and they've been doing it for years.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Was in coach for flight tomorrow HNL-LAX and pre-order didn't work. At T-36 got upgrade on my award ticket, tried pre-order option again, and it worked (as far as ordering).

SPN Lifer and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 10:20 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Was in coach for flight tomorrow HNL-LAX and pre-order didn't work. At T-36 got upgrade on my award ticket, tried pre-order option again, and it worked (as far as ordering).
Widebody equipment?
Old Aug 9, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Widebody equipment?
No, a 753
Old Aug 9, 2023, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
No, a 753
So consistent at least--no preorder on WB for Hawai'i
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
1K trumps Pre-order??

Flew BOS to SFO 8/7/23, UA2310. Premier Platinum 2MM. Pre-ordered burger 2 days before flight. Sat next to 1K. FA came down and took order from 1K sitting next to me, who ordered a burger (no pre-order). FA did not ask for my order. 5 minutes later, FA came back to say no burgers left. I said I pre-ordered and FA said sorry, no burgers left. I was fine with the lemon chicken, so no biggie. But kind of surprised that 1K request on the plane can/will take away pre-order from non-1K. So what is the value of even doing a pre-order?
Old Aug 9, 2023, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
So consistent at least--no preorder on WB for Hawai'i
I'll find out in next couple of days w/ return to HNL on a 763
Old Aug 9, 2023, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blueman2
Flew BOS to SFO 8/7/23, UA2310. Premier Platinum 2MM. Pre-ordered burger 2 days before flight. Sat next to 1K. FA came down and took order from 1K sitting next to me, who ordered a burger (no pre-order). FA did not ask for my order. 5 minutes later, FA came back to say no burgers left. I said I pre-ordered and FA said sorry, no burgers left. I was fine with the lemon chicken, so no biggie. But kind of surprised that 1K request on the plane can/will take away pre-order from non-1K. So what is the value of even doing a pre-order?
I don't think it was supposed to work that way, but that's the way UA works sometimes....
sczcardfan likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's sad.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 2:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Sounds like a FA mistake, who did not pay attention to the pre-order and sold your burger to the 1K, assuming the FA offered it as an option to the 1K.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 6:39 pm

Just wrong. Only burgers loaded are preorders. Not supposed to be offered as an option to people who didn't preorder.

I'll find out in next couple of days w/ return to HNL on a 763
I've gone both ways in WB this month already, no preorders.
iluv2fly and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 6:45 pm

UA prides itself on being able to reassign your seat for no stated reason at all (and owing the passenger no compensation) - why shouldn’t it follow that a preordered meal could suffer the same fate?
iluv2fly, SPN Lifer and Kacee like this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 6:46 pm

What a snafu -- next time, remind the FA that you pre-ordered a burger, and if need be show her the screenshot of your pre-order! I'll have to remember to start screen-shotting my pre-orders......
SPN Lifer and nexus7556 like this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is preordering broken at the moment? Simply going to https://www.united.com/preordermeals gives me an error that "Preorder window is closed". This happens even when I'm not logged in to the website, and even if I'm using private browsing mode and not logged in where clearly it can't know that the window has closed as it doesn't have any idea who I am!

I have 3 flights that should be open for ordering (2 in F, 1 in Y) and a day or so ago it did let me get as far as showing the options to select for the first flight before it started continually giving the error above.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by docbert
Is preordering broken at the moment? Simply going to https://www.united.com/preordermeals gives me an error that "Preorder window is closed". This happens even when I'm not logged in to the website, and even if I'm using private browsing mode and not logged in where clearly it can't know that the window has closed as it doesn't have any idea who I am!

I have 3 flights that should be open for ordering (2 in F, 1 in Y) and a day or so ago it did let me get as far as showing the options to select for the first flight before it started continually giving the error above.
It seems glitchy. I clicked on the link from email and got the "preorder window is closed" message. Refreshed the web page and was able to make the selection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.