Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA has preorder premium cabin meals, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 mile except ex-europe

UA has preorder premium cabin meals, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 mile except ex-europe

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 4, 22, 3:44 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
united.com/preordermeals

Originally Posted by bsb7140 View Post
Signature preorder is expanding starting May 1st.

SFO/LAX/IAD narrowbody flights +1500 miles and flights between hubs over 800 miles. ORD also has signature preorder on narrowbody flights over 1500 miles.
Anticipated 1 June enhancements - UA bringing back hot meals to domestic first class -- 800 mile threshold, preorder still narrowbody only

uncomfirmed but source of earlier changes
Originally Posted by bsb7140 View Post
Beginning August 1st pre-order will expand to ALL flights over 800 miles in the premium cabin (including widebody and Intl) excluding flights from Europe.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 6, 22, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM/Lifetime UC, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Which one did you pick?

David
Think I'll try the gingerbread thingy
Old Jun 6, 22, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj View Post
Think I'll try the gingerbread thingy
Had the same five breakfast options on a Sat 6/4 transcon. I literally couldn't believe there were actually FIVE pre-order choices. I selected the Oatmeal - very tasty. The purser came to me during PDB and said "we have your special meal on board." Umm, okay sure.

Preorder choice on the return flight: the usual ragu and a new chicken - Za'atar Chicken with orzo. Hopefully signals the end of the disgusting Latin Chicken. (Two choices only for the return.)
Old Jun 6, 22, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I guess there's one drawback to pre-order - UA can put some of the blame on the passenger: "Well, you ordered it!"
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jun 7, 22, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by higher_flyer View Post
Had the same five breakfast options on a Sat 6/4 transcon. I literally couldn't believe there were actually FIVE pre-order choices. I selected the Oatmeal - very tasty. The purser came to me during PDB and said "we have your special meal on board." Umm, okay sure.

Preorder choice on the return flight: the usual ragu and a new chicken - Za'atar Chicken with orzo. Hopefully signals the end of the disgusting Latin Chicken. (Two choices only for the return.)
Just saw the options for return flight, same. guess I'll try the new chicken
Old Jun 9, 22, 12:48 am

Programs: UA/MAR
IAD-LAS on Saturday...
Old Jun 9, 22, 3:04 am

Programs: UA MP HH
Originally Posted by livitup View Post
IAD-LAS on Saturday...
But for Sunday on DCA-SFO, we get either Za'atar Chicken or the Italian Veggie stew. Only 2 choices. Had 5 choices for SFO-DCA a couple of days ago.
Old Jun 15, 22, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA

What is going on here

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 15, 22 at 7:52 pm Reason: Moved to preorder thread
Old Jun 15, 22, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by angetenar View Post
img
What is going on here
You're going to get everything and nothing. Good luck.
MatthewLAX and random.parts like this.
Old Jun 29, 22, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Is the pre-order option hit or miss? I'm flying DEN-SFO tomorrow, didn't receive a pre-order email and am unable to find meal selection online on my laptop, or on my iPhone. But I did see that I have a "Service Animal" which mysteriously is part of my reservation. ???
Old Jun 29, 22, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Is the pre-order option hit or miss? I'm flying DEN-SFO tomorrow, didn't receive a pre-order email and am unable to find meal selection online on my laptop, or on my iPhone. But I did see that I have a "Service Animal" which mysteriously is part of my reservation. ???
Widebody?
Old Jun 29, 22, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
Widebody?
Yes, the lovely dorm cabin 772
Old Jun 29, 22, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Yes, the lovely dorm cabin 772
There's your answer. For whatever reason, UA only does pre-order on narrowbody planes.

I'm glad to see the plane back, though. I still love those seats, even at eight across.
Old Jun 29, 22, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
There's your answer. For whatever reason, UA only does pre-order on narrowbody planes.
How bizarre. Thanks Matthew.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 30, 22, 11:54 am

Flying IAH-ORD tomorrow, didn't get preorder availability until yesterday. Gingerbread french toast, "Belgium" waffle, kale egg thingy, or oatmeal.
Old Jul 5, 22, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS, Hyatt*Globalist
My apology if this has been covered before. I am mostly flying internationally, so not familiar with the domestic flight pre-order option.

I have recently flown quite a number of domestic segments, but have not received any email of pre-order options before each flight ( except for one).

On almost all the domestic flights, I heard FA speaking to cerntain passengers about thier pre-order choices. Some order vegetarian chili, others ordered cheeseburger etc.

On the one flight I did received the pre order email, the choices are the same as the one read by the FA on board, but I noted certain passengers had pre-ordered the cheeseburgers, which was on the pre-oder memnu option.

My question is whether the pre-oder emails get sent to all the passengers or just selectively certain passengers and did I miss anything I should be following?

Search this Thread