Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA to Operate More than 40 Weekly Flights as England Re-Opens to U.S. Travelers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA to Operate More than 40 Weekly Flights as England Re-Opens to U.S. Travelers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
You won’t get a large increase until the US opens its borders.
This was posted in the AA forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33447909-post28.html

Ticket Sales From New York to London Jump 250% as Britain Opens its Doors to Fully Vaccinated Travelers

Virgin Atlantic says ticket sales have surged by more than 100 per cent and bookings on the flagship New York City – London route had increased by around 250 per cent in the hours after England said it would allow fully vaccinated American and European travellers to enter the country without needing to quarantine. Both Scotland and Wales also confirmed they would fall in line with the policy decision.
Of course 250% means nothing without knowing the previous number of bookings.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by TomMM
This was posted in the AA forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33447909-post28.html

Of course 250% means nothing without knowing the previous number of bookings.
2?

David
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by meducate
Same for me - I have a trip starting third week of august TPA-EWR-LHR(UA) then LHR-EDI on BA. I would prefer to do the self-administered Abbott Binax test. I did a quick search and found appropriate sensitivity and specificity levels but would love solid confirmation that it would be accepted.
There is some discussion in the Uk and Ireland forum. Some report from end of June that it was accepted for transit. I haven’t read the entire thread yet since I suspect the rules are going to change a few more times before my departure, but I have bookmarked it for future reference.

Transiting at LHR from the US
meducate likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 6:04 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
EDI knocked me out for January, and no acceptable alternative offered. Wonder if they'll stick it back on the schedule. While I struggle to think that the 752s are desperately needed elsewhere I'm also skeptical of the yield on that route, where as MAN/SNN have some real industrial justfications.
It is generally always full for me on the Sun EB and Fri WB flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.