Red Circle on "My trips"

Old Jul 28, 2021, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Question Red Circle on "My trips"

What does the red circle with the number1 inside signify above the My Trips square?
Old Jul 28, 2021, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
What does the red circle with the number1 inside signify above the My Trips square?
You mean this?

For me, that indicates how many active trips that UA is tracking on my Mileage Plus account: exactly one (1) right now.

David
SPN Lifer, 8MiHi and TXJeepGuy like this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:57 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DELee
You mean this?

For me, that indicates how many active trips that UA is tracking on my Mileage Plus account: exactly one (1) right now.

David
Generally yes, however there are three cases where it isn't accurate: If you aren't actually logged in to the MP account it seems to be # of active reservations as of last time you logged in; if you've booked a MP trip for someone else (eg when I book a ticket for my wife even if I'm not traveling) that reservation is also included; and within about 24-48 hours after the completion of all segments in a reservation before it 'falls off'
Old Jul 29, 2021, 11:36 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I'm not sure about Android, but as an iPhone/iPad user, that red button UA uses is so synonymous with a 'notification', makes me think something needs urgent attention (flight change/cancellation/check-in notice)...But it's nothing urgent. Was that your initial thought, OP?
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:49 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by DELee
You mean this?

David
And for me as well
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I see this red circle on UA.com, either when logged in or when accessing it from a computer on which I was previously logged in, and the number works just as DELee explained. I do not, however, see any red circle on the "My United" button (where my trips can be accessed) in the iOS app.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.