Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

United Airlines | MileagePlus

General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,...

General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,...

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 8, 22, 6:21 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Earning Premier qualifying credit with your co-branded MileagePlus credit card
For the 2021 program year, MileagePlus members who are also primary UnitedSM MileagePlus Chase Cardmembers are eligible to earn Premier qualifying points (PQP) based on their annual credit card spend.
  • New in 2021 Earn toward Premier 1K status: Members can now apply PQP earned through co-branded MileagePlus credit cards toward Premier 1K status. Cardmembers must meet the Premier qualifying flight (PQF) requirement for 1K status. Cardmembers with the UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card will continue to be able to apply the card-earned PQP to Premier 1K status without having to meet the PQF requirement.
  • Earn up to 1,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Explorer Card, UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, United ClubSM Business Card, United MileagePlus Awards Card, United MileagePlus Card with annual fee, UnitedSM Business Card, and United MileagePlus Business Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 1,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 3,000 PQP: The United MileagePlus Select Card, United ClubSM Infinite Card, United ClubSM Card, and United QuestSM Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 10,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 10,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Maximum of 5,000 PQP: The maximum number of PQP that can be earned on eligible card spend in a calendar year is 5,000 PQP per MileagePlus account. PQP earned from the UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card are excluded from this cap.
  • The United GatewaySM Card and United MileagePlus Card with no annual fee do not earn PQP for card spend.
  • All eligible Cardmembers must take a minimum of 4 flights on United or United Express to be eligible for Premier status.
  • All PQP earned on eligible card spend and Flex PQP can be applied up to Platinum. For the 2021 program year, Flex PQP will continue to be applied up to Platinum status, while the card-earned PQP can be applied to 1K status if the Cardmember meets the PQF requirement for 1K. Cardmembers with UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card will continue to be able to apply the card-earned PQP to 1K status without having to meet the PQF requirement for 1K.
United TravelBank Cardmembers do not earn PQP for card spend.
The TravelBank card is now the Gateway card
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 9, 22, 2:51 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Howard View Post
For the new, higher PQP limit, do the PQPs from credit cards still only apply up to Platinum, unless the 1K PQF threshold is met (54 segments)?
Yes the same terms apply at this point. To reach 1K its 24K spend on flights if you don't reach 54PQF. CC spend only counts for the lower target if 54 PQF attained.
Old Nov 12, 22, 9:46 am

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Nat'l Exec Elite
I just crossed a PQP spend threshold and received my 500 bonus. Subsequently I received a large hotel deposit refunded to my card and can see I am now due negative regular miles this month. My question is besides the annual fee is there anything else that doesnt count toward spend? Will they back out my PQP too if I fall below the spend threshold?
Old Nov 12, 22, 12:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay View Post
...My question is besides the annual fee is there anything else that doesnt count toward spend?
Cash advances, gift cards, ...
Old Nov 16, 22, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'm working on getting $12k in spend on my PP card to get the 500 PQP, which I need to maintain silver.

I have read conflicting things about using the chase portal to see how much spend I've had this year. Some say it's purchases only, and returns are not included in the total, and some say it's the spend total shown.

Anyone have a more definitive answer?
Old Nov 22, 22, 3:18 pm

I searched but couldn't find any solid information...

Does spend on United credit cards reset at the beginning of every calendar year with regard to 500 PQP per $12,000 spent?

In other words... if I'm already 1K for 2023 and I have $11,500 spend on my United credit card, would it be better to hold off on $500 in purchases until Jan 2023 so I get the 500 PQP in 2023 for 2024 status?
Old Nov 22, 22, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by eldy View Post
Does spend on United credit cards reset at the beginning of every calendar year with regard to 500 PQP per $12,000 spent?

In other words... if I'm already 1K for 2023 and I have $11,500 spend on my United credit card, would it be better to hold off on $500 in purchases until Jan 2023 so I get the 500 PQP in 2023 for 2024 status?
Yes and No
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 24, 22, 6:28 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
PQP Timing United Card

I just picked up the Quest Card, which will be arriving in a few days. For the PQP earning, I wondered if that will reset on 1/1, on a 1/1 statement date, upon anniversary or upon hitting 12K. I do have a signup bonus to hit, but I want to wait until next year for PQP.

So, the question is if I spend $5,000 in Calendar December, will that be lost per PQP credit or will it carry over?
Old Nov 24, 22, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
I just picked up the Quest Card, which will be arriving in a few days. For the PQP earning, I wondered if that will reset on 1/1, on a 1/1 statement date, upon anniversary or upon hitting 12K. I do have a signup bonus to hit, but I want to wait until next year for PQP.

So, the question is if I spend $5,000 in Calendar December, will that be lost per PQP credit or will it carry over?
PQP bonus is based on calendar year spend/purchases. Resets on 1/1
SPN Lifer and Aussienarelle like this.
Old Nov 24, 22, 10:44 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 22, 9:48 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Thank you for posting this. I was going to make a purchase at the beginning of my next billing cycle in December but will now delay until January 1 as I have the PQP I need for this year and want the PQP for next year.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread