Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
More information on earning PQP as a Cardmember
  • Earn up to 1,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Explorer Card, UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, United ClubSM Business Card, United MileagePlus® Awards Card, United MileagePlus® Card with annual fee, UnitedSM Business Card, and United MileagePlus® Business Card earn 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 1,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 3,000 PQP: The United MileagePlus® Select Card earns 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 6,000 PQP: The United QuestSM Card earns 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 6,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 10,000 PQP: The United ClubSM Infinite Card earns 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 10,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 10,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card earn 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 10,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • The United GatewaySM Card and United MileagePlus® Card with no annual fee do not earn PQP for card spend.
  • New for the 2024 program year: PQP earned from card spend can be applied toward the combined PQP and PQF or PQP-only requirements for 1K status.
  • All eligible Cardmembers must take a minimum of 4 flights on United or United Express to be eligible for Premier status.
  • Please visit our Cardmember page for information about your specific card benefits or learn more about earning PQP as a Cardmember on our FAQs page.
Chase accounting
  • The PQP bonus is based on spend in a calendar year using the date provided by the merchant.
  • The accumulative total resets on 1 Jan
  • This total spend inclusive of refund and does not include annual fee, interest payments, cash withdraws, ...
  • Refunds after issuance of the PQPs does not revoke the bonus but (probably) creates a negative running balance.
  • Payment of the balance is not required -- just the net accumulative spend in a calendar year
  • Statement date is not a consider, so statement balance should not be used.
  • Chase provides a YTD summary of spend.

Earning Premier qualifying credit with your co-branded MileagePlus credit card
For the 2021 program year, MileagePlus members who are also primary UnitedSM MileagePlus Chase Cardmembers are eligible to earn Premier qualifying points (PQP) based on their annual credit card spend.
  • New in 2021 — Earn toward Premier 1K® status: Members can now apply PQP earned through co-branded MileagePlus® credit cards toward Premier 1K status. Cardmembers must meet the Premier qualifying flight (PQF) requirement for 1K status. Cardmembers with the UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card will continue to be able to apply the card-earned PQP to Premier 1K status without having to meet the PQF requirement.
  • Earn up to 1,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Explorer Card, UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, United ClubSM Business Card, United MileagePlus® Awards Card, United MileagePlus® Card with annual fee, UnitedSM Business Card, and United MileagePlus® Business Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 1,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 3,000 PQP: The United MileagePlus® Select Card, United ClubSM Infinite Card, United ClubSM Card, and United QuestSM Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 10,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 10,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Maximum of 5,000 PQP: The maximum number of PQP that can be earned on eligible card spend in a calendar year is 5,000 PQP per MileagePlus account. PQP earned from the UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card are excluded from this cap.
  • The United GatewaySM Card and United MileagePlus® Card with no annual fee do not earn PQP for card spend.
  • All eligible Cardmembers must take a minimum of 4 flights on United or United Express® to be eligible for Premier status.
  • All PQP earned on eligible card spend and Flex PQP can be applied up to Platinum. For the 2021 program year, Flex PQP will continue to be applied up to Platinum status, while the card-earned PQP can be applied to 1K status if the Cardmember meets the PQF requirement for 1K. Cardmembers with UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card will continue to be able to apply the card-earned PQP to 1K status without having to meet the PQF requirement for 1K.
  • United TravelBank Cardmembers do not earn PQP for card spend.

Print Wikipost

General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
Originally Posted by wjj
Has anyone had a problem with their 500 PQP bonus for every $12K in spend not posting on their UA account? I never had a problem with this in the past. The 500 PQPs always posted a few days after I crossed a $12K threshold... This year, I crossed the $12K threshold a month ago but the PQPs have not posted.
This thread made me go look at my account, and sure enough I'm in the same boat. Have never had a problem with this for all the years I've earned them (PQM or PQP). This year I, too, crossed $12K a month ago, and have not yet seen any posting.

Also -- same as huey_driver, my postings happened at random times last year, so apparently no longer related to statement closing dates.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
This is the first calendar year I'm flying (and spending) enough on the Chase card to pay attention to PQP posting, but will confirm- looks like RDMs post within a day after the end of each statement date, the PQPs do not.

1st 500 PQP posted late Jan, 5 days after my statement close date, and 3 days after I crossed $12K YTD spend (my Jan statement only had YTD spend of $11K)

Then 1000 PQP posted late March, only 24h after my YTD spend crossed $36K (a full week before that monthly statement close).

And apparently I skipped the $24K threshold outright. 🤷‍♂️

So PQPs have so far have not followed any discernable pattern of:
- specific day of month,
- number of days after statement date
- number of days after transaction total hits a $12K threshold.

Last edited by Wooglin; Apr 6, 2022 at 1:08 am Reason: formatting
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:07 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by higher_flyer
This thread made me go look at my account, and sure enough I'm in the same boat. Have never had a problem with this for all the years I've earned them (PQM or PQP). This year I, too, crossed $12K a month ago, and have not yet seen any posting.

Also -- same as huey_driver, my postings happened at random times last year, so apparently no longer related to statement closing dates.
My PQPs from the card posted between 2 and 4 days after crossing a $12K threshold last year. No relation to the card closing date. 2,000 PQPs so four thresholds.

The latest in my situation is I tried the MP messaging option after having no luck calling and emailing both MP and Chase. The latest suggestion is to call MP again (third time) and request a conference call with Chase. Not sure if MP or I have to set up the conference call. I am nearing the next $12K threshold so I need to get this resolved. Sounds like I am not alone. UA/MP need to fix this, whatever the problem happens to be if it is a widespread issue.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
Having some fun thinking about the other recent thread on UA Big Brother logging our activities... after posting this yesterday, my 500 PQP showed up today
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:54 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Having some fun thinking about the other recent thread on UA Big Brother logging our activities... after posting this yesterday, my 500 PQP showed up today
So did mine! You may be right.
higher_flyer likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:14 am

Also had 500 PQP post within the last few days. Earned it a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, Supersonic (BA1Y, BA1223)
Originally Posted by Clemson
Also had 500 PQP post within the last few days. Earned it a few weeks ago.
Maybe they do it in batches. I also got my first posting on the 4th.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Is anyone else getting more PQP from credit card than they expected, IME the PQP posts a few weeks after redeemable miles. Suddenly see an unexpected extra 500 PQP.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Is anyone else getting more PQP from credit card than they expected, IME the PQP posts a few weeks after redeemable miles. Suddenly see an unexpected extra 500 PQP.
DId you sign up for
Bonus PQP Promo for MP Chase Cardholders - Q2 2022 -- targeted & variable bonus
Old Apr 22, 2022, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes. I got the 125 PQP for every 6K spend version. Its very quick to post if that is the source. ( < 5 days, no statement)
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Confirming it still seems random/batched.

Another 500 PQP posted yesterday (4/22)

Based on transaction history, this time it was 11 days after crossing the last $12K threshold, and 2 days before statement closing date.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 6:59 am
wjj

Originally Posted by Wooglin
Confirming it still seems random/batched.

Another 500 PQP posted yesterday (4/22)

Based on transaction history, this time it was 11 days after crossing the last $12K threshold, and 2 days before statement closing date.
Same experience. For the first bonus it took a little over a month to post. and well after the statement cycle date Second bonus posted on 4/22 like yours about a week after passing the threshold and before the statement cutoff date. It does look like it is both random and batched. So I had two bonuses posted during the current cycle though I passed the thresholds during different cycles.
higher_flyer and Wooglin like this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Yes. I got the 125 PQP for every 6K spend version. Its very quick to post if that is the source. ( < 5 days, no statement)
Seems like from other posts in another thread that this is the regular CC spend PQP, the bonus/promo PQP is still coming.
Wooglin likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
PQP Earn on multiple UA-MP CC?

My understanding is that you can earn 500 PQP per $12k spend (max: 1000 PQP) - is that per CARD or per MP-Account?

I have some large expenses coming up and thought about spreading over my 2 MP cards (dont ask why I have 2 - I dont know either)

-m
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mfirst
My understanding is that you can earn 500 PQP per $12k spend (max: 1000 PQP) - is that per CARD or per MP-Account?

I have some large expenses coming up and thought about spreading over my 2 MP cards (dont ask why I have 2 - I dont know either)

-m
Max 1K per Explorer card, 3K for the Quest, or 4K for the Club card; max 5K per account. The Presidential Plus card, which hasn't been available for new members in a decade or more, is capped at 10K and excluded from the 5K limit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.