Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: Washington, DC Area Severe Weather (June 13, 2021 – June 14, 2021)

Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Updated waiver

Print Wikipost

Travel Waiver: Washington, DC Area Severe Weather (June 13, 2021 – June 14, 2021)

Old Jun 13, 2021, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

(Note: Title of waiver on both the standard waiver page and Jetstream are both Washington DC while the airport identified is ORD; suspect a cut and paste error) (decided to list the three main DC area airports as well)

Airport:
  • Chicago-O'Hare, IL (ORD)​ (?)
  • Baltimore, MD (BWI) (?)
  • Washington, DC - Dulles (IAD) (?)
  • Washington-National, DC (DCA) (?)
Original ticket must have been purchased by: June 12, 2021

Rebook language: The change fee and any difference in fare will be waived for new United flights departing on or before June 16, 2021, as long as travel is rescheduled in the originally ticketed cabin (any fare class) and between the same cities as originally ticketed. View your reservation and select Change Flight to search for alternate flights.

Waiver (normal folks): https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...merica-waivers

Jetstream Waiver (posted): https://jetstream.united.com/#/all-travel-waiver

Waiver Parameter Code (posted): 1+

David
Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Undoubtedly a cut-and-paste error. Today was beautiful in DC. Tomorrow expected to also be very nice. As was the second half of yesterday. Now last Thursday was another matter.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Portolan
Undoubtedly a cut-and-paste error. Today was beautiful in DC. Tomorrow expected to also be very nice. As was the second half of yesterday. Now last Thursday was another matter.
Yah, looks like cut-and-paste at fault. WRT weather impact ATC today (06/13/21), all three DC area airports were hit by the same ground stops due to thunderstorms. Guess UA's forecasters are predicting the same on Monday (06/14/21).

David
Old Jun 14, 2021, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I live in Maryland just across the Potomac River under the approaching landing flight path into DCA. I did not notice any thunderstorms Sunday afternoon. There were slight showers in the middle of the afternoon, but cleared up and sun came out soon enough to allow me to take a swim in my backyard.

I did not notice any planes flying over my house most of the afternoon, so perhaps the sever weather was observed elsewhere outside of the my area,

There are projected late afternoon thunderstorms on June 14.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:39 am

I am watching a flight (UA403 out of IAH) to see if I should take it in July or get an earlier conection to my transatlanttic in IAD and it's had terrible delays the last few days.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I live in Maryland just across the Potomac River under the approaching landing flight path into DCA. I did not notice any thunderstorms Sunday afternoon. There were slight showers in the middle of the afternoon, but cleared up and sun came out soon enough to allow me to take a swim in my backyard.

I did not notice any planes flying over my house most of the afternoon, so perhaps the sever weather was observed elsewhere outside of the my area,

There are projected late afternoon thunderstorms on June 14.
I live on the Eastern Shore and was watching the weather a bit yesterday to make sure the line of storms I saw wasn't coming towards us. They fizzled out by the time they got to DC but there was a pretty healthy line that up towards PA, WV and MD lines.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:05 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Proofreaders appear to be back on duty

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.