Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus Seats Sold as E+? Service levels? (economy)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Plus Seats Sold as E+? Service levels? (economy)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
Is there any 777-300ER that doesn’t have Premium Plus seats? It seems like many of those 777-300ER planes that fly within the U.S. do not have Premium Plus seats (purple) and show Econ Plus seats (blue) - Row 20-22.

Does it just show Econ Plus/blue seat color, but they are actually Premium Plus seats on the seat map? These rows have 2-4-2 instead of 3-4-3.

The seat map on UA’s site only shows one version of 777-300ER that has Premium Plus. Would I get Premium Plus seats if I choose these rows (20-22) when flying within the U.S.? Any idea?

As noted by fumje those are P+ seats. Since the flight is not being marketed for PE, you can select those seats as E+.

David
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Looks like only 2 pax don't realize that (I'm looking at you 31D and 35J).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by fumje
Those are P+ seats, but they are not selling P+ fares on that route. Enjoy.
Originally Posted by DELee
As noted by fumje those are P+ seats. Since the flight is not being marketed for PE, you can select those seats as E+.

David
Thanks for the quick answer!
Is there any difference in service between P+ and E+ on the domestic 777-300ER flight? Like you get a blanket in P+ but not E+ etc etc?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Is there any difference in service between P+ and E+ on the domestic 777-300ER flight? Like you get a blanket in P+ but not E+ etc etc?
If not sold as PremPlus, it is economy service
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No blanket. No pillow. Nicer seat.

Take pictures and post them here.

David
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If not sold as PremPlus, it is economy service
Thanks for the info!

I will do it if take the flight although it would be nice to get an upgrad to F.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the info!

I will do it if take the flight although it would be nice to get an upgrad to F.
Even better and even more photos to share!

David
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, National EE
777-200 with 2-4-2 configuration in the middle?

Upcoming flight on a United 777-200 shows a very unusual seat configuration (at least to me)
Economy Plus rows 20 - 22 has a 2-4-2 configuration (C and J are not selectable at all). I know the 777 usually has 2-4-2 in the back as it's narrower there. However this right in the middle of the plane. It's not Premium Economy / Premium Plus either as it is shown as Economy Plus seats & I have a class T ticket

Any one know what's going on here (assuming United didn't run out of seats that could install on the plane)?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by zerolife
Upcoming flight on a United 777-200 shows a very unusual seat configuration (at least to me)
Economy Plus rows 20 - 22 has a 2-4-2 configuration (C and J are not selectable at all). I know the 777 usually has 2-4-2 in the back as it's narrower there. However this right in the middle of the plane. It's not Premium Economy / Premium Plus either as it is shown as Economy Plus seats & I have a class T ticket

Any one know what's going on here (assuming United didn't run out of seats that could install on the plane)?
They are premium economy seats sold as E+.

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
drewguy likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by zerolife

It may be Premium Economy seats, but if operating on a non-premium domestic route, those seats will be sold as Economy Plus.

Row 20-22 has no C and J, as it is 2-4-2. Economy Plus and regular economy seats are 3-4-3, and would include C and J.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, National EE
thanks Kmxu and Repooc17 for the explaination. Makes sense.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:23 pm

David
Just took 2 flights on 777-300ER domestic. No blanket. No pillow. (Not even in First class)

I got upgraded to First, but Premium Plus seats looked nicer as you mentioned.

Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Just took 2 flights on 777-300ER domestic. No blanket. No pillow. (Not even in First class)

Huh - the seats in First are private and can turn into a lie flat bed
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Huh - the seats in First are private and can turn into a lie flat bed
Yeah, they were just like Int'l Polaris seats.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, they were just like Int'l Polaris seats.
Yeah, Polaris (and PP and Y) seats without any accoutrements = standard domestic (and not much else unless you brought items on board such as from a UC).

Daivd

p.s. UA should hire you as a seat photographer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.