Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Would the UC store a bag for a few hours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would the UC store a bag for a few hours?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
There is a new-ish Bonvoy hotel across the street from Wrigley on Clark, Hotel Zachary. They’re probably used to this, you might want to call in advance.
Hotel Zachary won't store bags for non-hotel guests, and they're very strict about it. Tried that on 2 different occassions back in 2019. The valet/bell guy will direct you upstairs to the front desk where the front desk staff verifies you're a guest.

Originally Posted by United747
There might be a place for you to store stuff that’s run by the Cubs. I know United Center had one for Bulls games
They have a bike valet storage area under the L tracks that used to accept luggage (I checked luggage there back in 2018 when I went to a game), but in 2019 they stopped accepting luggage due to "security concerns"
SPN Lifer and United747 like this.
Old May 28, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
There is no bag storage at ORD and leaving at the UC is a "security" violation -- don't even ask and put the agent in an awkward situation.
Definite security violation. I have been told not to even leave my bag for a few minutes when I stepped out to grab a magazine and a neighboring stand. Years in the past I have accidently left a bag in a UC only to return shortly to grab it and was told security had already been called. Now that was not too long after 911 so things were hot. But I have been told a couple of times "for security reasons we cannot hold any items".
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by nomad420; May 29, 2021 at 12:46 pm Reason: syntax error
Old May 30, 2021, 7:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
An alternate suggestion: why not just buy a couple of magazines to read on the way to ORD, discard them when you get to Wrigley, and then buy a few more for the flight home?
Old May 30, 2021, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by st3
Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like I will try the Hilton belldesk first with the bounce website/company as a backup option.
How'd it all go?
Old Jun 2, 2021, 2:52 pm
st3
Original Poster

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by fumje
How'd it all go?
Well the UC was a non-starter so I didn't really even try. Struck out at the Hilton. Despite my attempts to grease the bellhop's palms he was insistent I could not store it there due to corporate policy.

I used the Bounce website referenced elsewhere in the thread. The actual storage location was a UPS store. I would say the overall experience was 3/5. The employees didn't seem all that familiar with the process and I would question the security of your belongings there as they didn't seem to understand the temper-resistant tag that would normally go through both zippers. Still, was able to get it taken care of, see the game and get back to the airport (just barely though!)
jsloan, SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and 4 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.