Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Would the UC store a bag for a few hours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would the UC store a bag for a few hours?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by st3
Inbound flight gets in at 9:55. Return is at 18:00. Game is a 13:00 start so definitely need to be cognizant of that on the return.

Can you even rent a car now?
Erm...why not?
Old May 27, 2021, 2:11 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
There might be a place for you to store stuff that’s run by the Cubs. I know United Center had one for Bulls games
Old May 27, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by st3
Can you even rent a car now?
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Erm...why not?
Speculating for the OP, that it was a tongue in cheek comment about rentals having lower supply right now.

We know you CAN rent a car... but pricing seems to be at a premium.

FWIW, the lowest ORD rental that day is $76, and guessing parking for Wrigley is north of $30 for the game.

Seems flipping the bellman tip as mentioned above would make the most economic sense.
uanj and Warriorconcept like this.
Old May 27, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
FWIW, the lowest ORD rental that day is $76, and guessing parking for Wrigley is north of $30 for the game.
In no uncertain terms, do not bring a car into Wrigleyville on a game day. You will instantly regret it.
Old May 27, 2021, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JAaronT
In no uncertain terms, do not bring a car into Wrigleyville on a game day. You will instantly regret it.
I've been to the field and the area on a non-game day - even then I was wondering where anyone would park. Buses, Uber/Lyft/taxi, and trains are the answer...from a traffic standpoint - Red Line.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 3:56 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I've been to the field and the area on a non-game day - even then I was wondering where anyone would park. Buses, Uber/Lyft/taxi, and trains are the answer...from a traffic standpoint - Red Line.
I second public transit - I live in the area and Uber and Lyft have been very expensive, even on non-game days
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 4:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I have never been asked by a hotel bag check if I am a hotel guest. Might be a bigger issue at an airport hotel but if you walk to the elevator and then turn around to the bag check, I doubt you will be asked and I would not mentioned unless asked.

There is no bag storage at ORD and leaving at the UC is a "security" violation -- don't even ask and put the agent in an awkward situation.
I've been rejected as a non-guest at Grand Hyatt in NYC, where they were looking up reservations. Agree with you that it is probably an one-off than the norm.
Old May 27, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by JAaronT
Strongly disagree. I had no problem parking and walking to the game.
I checked Uber for giggles after the game and it was a fortune! Not what I'd want when there's a flight to catch. Especially these days with Uber shortages.
Rental car kills 2 birds with one stone.
Old May 27, 2021, 5:56 pm

Programs: United 1k, American Express Platinum
Originally Posted by Repooc17
This.

Just bring no bags and avoid the hassle altogether.

No idea timing of OP's same-day flights, but budget enough time getting back to the airport.
Are there a bunch of David Puddy's on this thread? Just stare at the seat in front of you for 4 hours on your flight
JAaronT likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by PTahCha
I've been rejected as a non-guest at Grand Hyatt in NYC, where they were looking up reservations. Agree with you that it is probably an one-off than the norm.
Welcome to New York.....now please leave

Last edited by milesmilesmiles; May 27, 2021 at 6:10 pm
Old May 27, 2021, 6:06 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Check it in, and when you don’t claim it off the belt, it will be sitting in the bag office at ORD. Obviously, this only works if ORD is your final and not a connection, since they won’t short check bags anymore.

edit- never mind. You really just want to carry on just for use on the plane. Dumping it at a hotel is your best bet,
Old May 27, 2021, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by rickfromla
Are there a bunch of David Puddy's on this thread? Just stare at the seat in front of you for 4 hours on your flight
Ever heard of portable electronic devices?
artvandalay likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 7:56 pm

Programs: United
Scott E Vest

Buy a scott e vest for travel
Old May 27, 2021, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Strongly disagree. I had no problem parking and walking to the game.
I checked Uber for giggles after the game and it was a fortune! Not what I'd want when there's a flight to catch. Especially these days with Uber shortages.
Rental car kills 2 birds with one stone.
Outlier. Parking will be impossible on a Saturday unless OP is prepared to walk a mile or so. I don’t think Wrigley has a bag check. Bag size is 9 x 5 so a Kindle would fit? Also if taking CTA Blue Line back to ORD, allow time to get to station from Wrigley esp if you leave when game ends. Even with Wrigley at reduced capacity, traffic for the bus or an Uber heading west on Addison will be slow.
SPN Lifer, JAaronT and st3 like this.
Old May 28, 2021, 1:42 pm
st3
Original Poster

Programs: United MP
Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like I will try the Hilton belldesk first with the bounce website/company as a backup option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.