Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA's New EWR Terminal A: Security, How to get to, facilities, UC opened 28 June 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2023, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The original name of "Terminal One" was abandoned and it is now officially called Terminal A

United Club in Terminal A opened on Wednesday, June 28!

The shuttle from C to A leaves from C71 and arrives near A27/A28. The opposite for reverse. The bus ride takes 15-25 minutes, depends on whether an interim stop is needed at Terminal B and/or traffic control.

Print Wikipost

UA's New EWR Terminal A: Security, How to get to, facilities, UC opened 28 June 2023

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2021, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder

About – New Terminal A Redevelopment – Newark Liberty International Airport (ewrredevelopment.com)

Still on target for a 2022 opening
They say they are going to use some form of flexible gate assignments where multiple airlines may use the same gate
N830MH likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Looking forward to the new terminal. Have been watching the speedy progress over the past year or so especially when flying B6.

That said, I hope it doesn't pull a LGA. As impressive as the new LGA terminal is, the new terminal has opened in phases, which makes sense, but holy cow, there are a lot of walking. I don't mind walking, and I am a fast walker, but I am so used to getting to the airport last minute...much easier with the compactness of EWR Terminal C, or existing Terminal A or B.
8MiHi likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hopefully there will be easy & convenient airside connection between the new and existing terminals.
SPN Lifer and goodeats21 like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 6:09 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Hopefully there will be easy & convenient airside connection between the new and existing terminals.
It will be a bus. An AirTrain replacement is in the works but it will be landside like the current system. No plans for an airside automated people mover.
SPN Lifer and 8MiHi like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 6:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
I am little confused by the title; have they renamed it again from "Terminal 1" back to "New Terminal A"?

(We had an older thread about this new EWR terminal somewhere, but I can't find it now....)
Old May 24, 2021, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by narvik
I am little confused by the title; have they renamed it again from "Terminal 1" back to "New Terminal A"?

(We had an older thread about this new EWR terminal somewhere, but I can't find it now....)
Yes. It will now be New Terminal A.
Once old terminal A is demolished I expect they will ease it to simply Terminal A.
SPN Lifer, N830MH and narvik like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by EWR764
It will be a bus.
So the same very miserable experience.

friends don't let friends connect at EWR.
SPN Lifer and ok2uselane like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Making a tight connection from old A to C was not good. The time I ran from A to C on bus ran to my gate like C122 for SJU and door closed 8 minutes before departure.
I asked the agent don’t you look for connections they don’t do that anymore. Had to get to JFK at my own expense and took DL to SJU.
Was in DFW a few weeks ago saw them close the door 10 minutes before departure people who were trying to get on were out of luck.
Old May 25, 2021, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf

Not recommended...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 6:51 am
Original Poster

An airside walkway is as likely as stumbling upon a unicorn playing cards with Sasquatch
lincolnjkc and LAXOGG like this.
Old May 25, 2021, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by 8MiHi
An airside walkway is as likely as stumbling upon a unicorn playing cards with Sasquatch
Yep, I don't think such a thing is even under remote consideration. A C-A airside walkway would probably be over a mile long. The current central terminal layout is much more conducive to a walkway, and even that was never developed.
SPN Lifer and 8MiHi like this.
Old May 26, 2021, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Yep, I don't think such a thing is even under remote consideration. A C-A airside walkway would probably be over a mile long. The current central terminal layout is much more conducive to a walkway, and even that was never developed.
I have done that walk on the land side and I have taken the bus. Both worked and both were less than ideal.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Unfortunate to hear and different from what I heard earlier this month.

JetBlue is now using 4 PANYNJ common-use gates previously allocated to United on A-2, and perhaps the volume of passengers in the satellite (plus reduced # departures until November at least) doesn't justify it. By the time EWR is back at full schedule, the opening of the new Terminal A (with a United Club) will be imminent.
I haven't heard much about the new terminal, and very little found in searching. Has it been announced that there will be a United Club there? How many gates in the new terminal is United going to have?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 20, 2021 at 11:34 am Reason: split post
Old Aug 20, 2021, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I haven't heard much about the new terminal, and very little found in searching. Has it been announced that there will be a United Club there? How many gates in the new terminal is United going to have?
Yes, there will be a UC there but details on it are limited. No doubt it will be a large lounge. UA will have about a dozen mainline gates at the beginning.
SPN Lifer and unitedbusiness like this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf

Hey, about 1/3 of my chauffeured transfers by UA GS reps have been from A to C -- it's far from a miserable experience when it happens... especially when one of those times was with a coworker who rarely travels [Is that dead due to COVID or have I just been an unlucky 1K this year?]

The rest of the time the transfer has been no more miserable than the terminal. I can live with the transfer as long as the bus station atmosphere of A is no more. I just hope the replacement looks/works nothing like the hell that is the new UAX gates at IAH. I like a lot of things about Europe but the whole "We don't let you go anywhere near your gate until moments before boarding" concept is supremely irritating.
chavala likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.