Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA's New EWR Terminal A: Security, How to get to, facilities, UC opened 28 June 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2023, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The original name of "Terminal One" was abandoned and it is now officially called Terminal A

United Club in Terminal A opened on Wednesday, June 28!

The shuttle from C to A leaves from C71 and arrives near A27/A28. The opposite for reverse. The bus ride takes 15-25 minutes, depends on whether an interim stop is needed at Terminal B and/or traffic control.

Print Wikipost

UA's New EWR Terminal A: Security, How to get to, facilities, UC opened 28 June 2023

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2022, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
While I see lots of progress, I agree that Spring 22 is going to be tough. The right (south) side with gates 1-16(?) looks encouragingly close to wrapping up, but without a press release indicating a political show and tell date I don't expect a 1H '22 open.
The landside pictures also appear to be in a state that could be called nearly done except for a bunch of details. These details could be finished shortly or maybe take a bit. We will see.
Old May 17, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
My more realistic guess is they'll have it open by the Thanksgiving rush. Lots of operational/behind-the-scenes things need to happen before it opens, from what I understand.

It's also probably best to phase in the opening during September/October, when traffic is a bit lower.
SPN Lifer and 8MiHi like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Has anyone seen an update on this Terminal's opening?
There is a job fair for customer service personnel on the PA website so maybe something is happening.
I saw a suggestion that the expected opening is now in November but nothing official.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
Has anyone seen an update on this Terminal's opening?
There is a job fair for customer service personnel on the PA website so maybe something is happening.
I saw a suggestion that the expected opening is now in November but nothing official.
Just judging by the earthcams and being on a fair amount of construction sites that are a much smaller scale than this, October has to be off the table. I guess November is the earliest, but knowing the current labor environment and how construction usually goes, I would doubt that as well.

Speaking of the labor market, I can't imagine running a job fair for jobs starting in November. My company can't get 25% of new hires to show up on the first day when there's an immediate start. I'd bet starting incentives are big with the new hires, and that the opening is going to be a rough one. Never thought I'd say this at EWR but I feel for what airport management will have to manage here....
8MiHi likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:08 pm

I noted this in another thread, but as of now November 1 is the unofficial "target" date, but that is in serious doubt. Lots of operational tests are scheduled for October, so I guess it isn't entirely out of the question, but these things tend to slip. Munich (developer) and the Port do not want to open the building between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so smart money is on early 2023 at this point.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
January (after the holidays) and February are traditionally lower-travel months, so that is a good time to start new operations and work out any startup issues.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
January (after the holidays) and February are traditionally lower-travel months, so that is a good time to start new operations and work out any startup issues.
Maybe this will help: NYC No Longer Includes EWR

David
Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EWR764
I noted this in another thread, but as of now November 1 is the unofficial "target" date, but that is in serious doubt. Lots of operational tests are scheduled for October, so I guess it isn't entirely out of the question, but these things tend to slip. Munich (developer) and the Port do not want to open the building between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so smart money is on early 2023 at this point.
Talked to the agents and the bartender at the Terminal A UC last Thursday. They toured their new space and were impressed, then they were told to be prepared for a November 1 move. All of them seemed to believe that November 1 was possible but aren't sure its likely.
SPN Lifer, goodeats21 and threecap like this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Any idea if the new United Club in the new Terminal A will be part of the terminal’s preview tomorrow?
Old Nov 15, 2022, 7:23 am
Original Poster

New Terminal A ribbon-cutting today 11/15/22. NOT open to the public yet. Maybe by "the end of the year".
See the report: https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...c89b1bb31c11db
Old Nov 15, 2022, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Any idea if the new United Club in the new Terminal A will be part of the terminal’s preview tomorrow?
There does not seem to be any information on that in the Port Authority's press releases.
It may only be politicians and press only. ABC says it is a ribbon cutting event with the expected opening to be by the end of the year. Newark Liberty International Airport cuts ribbon on brand new Terminal A (msn.com)
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
It’s under construction and won’t be ready when the terminal opens. Maybe by spring 2023.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

At the ceremony the Chairman of PANYNJ indicated that it will open to passengers on December 8. While not stated specifically it was implied that this opening would be for phase I for 21 gates in the East and South wings followed later by phase II in the North wing.
Here is the link: EWR New Terminal A opening December 8
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
At the ceremony the Chairman of PANYNJ indicated that it will open to passengers on December 8. While not stated specifically it was implied that this opening would be for phase I for 21 gates in the East and South wings followed later by phase II in the North wing.
Here is the link: EWR New Terminal A opening December 8
Earlier today, I read somewhere (can't located it now) that the initial opening will include United, American, Jetblue, and Air Canada.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by EWR764
It’s under construction and won’t be ready when the terminal opens. Maybe by spring 2023.
That's disappointing, but I guess not surprising for EWR.

Quite the let down for a new facility to require terminal-hop to visit a club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.