Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's going on at Bush (IAH) with gate usage? UA Express using gates A/B/C/D/E

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2021, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1MM

It used to be fairly consistent when travelling on UA Express. Now that I've started travelling again, the gates are all over the place. Very annoying when it comes to parking (won't mention the chaos since they closed D/E parking). Last two trips: Depart D (inbound was domestic) arrive A. Depart A and arrive B. Was supposed to arrive C but that changed in flight.... C North was empty. Back in the day it would occasionally happen out of A or D. Now seems standard. I won't speak for mainline as that sticks to C/E. Seems that if you are on Express, you can depart from all 5 terminals now. Makes it a complete pain having to get baggage at one terminal and go to another to get your car.
Old May 14, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by avi8tir
It used to be fairly consistent when travelling on UA Express. Now that I've started travelling again, the gates are all over the place. Very annoying when it comes to parking (won't mention the chaos since they closed D/E parking). Last two trips: Depart D (inbound was domestic) arrive A. Depart A and arrive B. Was supposed to arrive C but that changed in flight.... C North was empty. Back in the day it would occasionally happen out of A or D. Now seems standard. I won't speak for mainline as that sticks to C/E. Seems that if you are on Express, you can depart from all 5 terminals now. Makes it a complete pain having to get baggage at one terminal and go to another to get your car.
I think it has to do with staffing right now, and where UA has people and equipment at certain times of day. As UA moves back to fully-banked flight schedules throughout the day, I would expect to see it rationalized more, closer to the way it used to be.
Old May 14, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Yeah it's been like that since at least March when we did our SLC trip. Flew from C landed at B...When trying to check returning flight saw a mix of B, E and C arrivals. I park off airport so that part doesn't affect me, but some in my party ended up taking the train from B to C to get back to their car.
Old May 14, 2021, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I think it has to do with the Terminal E work. Trying to get to C/E is an absolute DISASTER right now. So by United spreading out the flights to other terminals then it can cut down on the hour+ long wait people have to get to terminal C/E for a pick up.

I've learned my lesson and I'll now train to A or B for a pick up if I'm leaving the airport at IAH.

-RM
Old May 14, 2021, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
...I've learned my lesson and I'll now train to A or B for a pick up if I'm leaving the airport at IAH...
Good tip! I'm being picked up at IAH a week from today - I'll ask to be picked up at B. C was a mess about a month and a half ago, plus B pick-up area is usually less crowded anyway.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; May 14, 2021 at 8:37 pm
Old May 14, 2021, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
With so many routes being downgauged or partially, I think this is to be expected,
Old May 15, 2021, 6:33 am

Programs: HH Dia, UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by eng3
With so many routes being downgauged or partially, I think this is to be expected,
The down gauge is real. I have been on dozens of CRJ 200 flights this year due to the increase in their usage. UX seems to have bumped the 175’s to A/C/E terminals to accommodate the DCs
Old May 15, 2021, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by traveling bijorn
The down gauge is real. I have been on dozens of CRJ 200 flights this year due to the increase in their usage. UX seems to have bumped the 175’s to A/C/E terminals to accommodate the DCs
DCs?
Old May 15, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Maybe domestic connections?
Old May 16, 2021, 2:17 am

Programs: HH Dia, UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
DCs?
CRJ 200 = Devil’s Chariot (DC)
Micp3208 and ual744777sta like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.