Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New travel restrictions to USA from India 4 May 2021, impacts on UA DEL/BOM flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New travel restrictions to USA from India 4 May 2021, impacts on UA DEL/BOM flights?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2021, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
My BLR-SFO flight on 30MAY2021 shows as cancelled in my itinerary today.
Same for my JUN13 Return flight to BLR.
Old May 7, 2021, 9:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by YumYumcake
My BLR-SFO flight on 30MAY2021 shows as cancelled in my itinerary today.
Same for my JUN13 Return flight to BLR.
Still showing on ExpertFlyer's Timetable but not under Fight Availability (which probably the better view)
Old May 8, 2021, 12:02 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
ORD-DEL is on the schedule (daily) and bookable
SFO-DEL is daily and bookable

This week UA stopped selling seats for a few days but flights still operated

SFO-BLR is still on the schedule starting 27 May 2021 but appears not selling seats
ord del also not bookable for end of month.. I am not trusting the June schedules yet..
Old May 8, 2021, 12:13 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat/UA 1K/Delta Platinum
The premier desk told me BLR-SFO is currently cancelled through may. They had no comment on june.
galaticos likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 12:26 am
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by galaticos
ord del also not bookable for end of month.. I am not trusting the June schedules yet..
Bookable until 30 May and then not.
Odd, you would expect the near-term to be more uncertain
Old May 8, 2021, 12:46 am

When I called to rebook my ticket the GS Supervisor told me that they are consolidating all India flying through DEL and that SFO-BLR has been pushed to August preliminary.
SPN Lifer, galaticos and ambush276 like this.
Old May 8, 2021, 9:05 am

Looks like best bet to get back to BLR is via FRA.. LH is doing via tech stop in DXB or AI still has some flights (2x weekly I think)
Old May 8, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by YumYumcake
When I called to rebook my ticket the GS Supervisor told me that they are consolidating all India flying through DEL and that SFO-BLR has been pushed to August preliminary.
Any further info on dates they plan to rebook everyone??
Old May 8, 2021, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
i think each one to their own in terms of calling UA and re-booking.. my TA has got me ORD-FRA-BLR for now with FRA BLR on AI
Old May 8, 2021, 6:44 pm

Programs: United 1K, 2MM, Marriott LT Platinum
I just got this email from United, Sure looks like SFO-BLR is out at least until sometime in late July (or perhaps August as YumYum... heard). Now I've got to figure out what the easiest way is to get my money back. Hopefully one call to the 1K desk takes care of it. We'll see.

Due to persistent changes in our flight operations, your flight 152 on 07/XX/21 for itinerary XXXXX has been canceled. We know this is unexpected, and unfortunately, we are unable to book you on another United flight at this time. Please visit the United app, united.com or call 1-888-825-7684 to check your options
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
If you can wait for August...

You can call and have them rebook you through DEL. However, it's not simple since it requires flying on another carrier to Delhi.
Their stance was that "This is a schedule change for a future flight, not a last minute change or irregular operation - the best we can do is to give you a refund".
Perhaps due to my ticket being an award..

I had to beg and plead with them to open up a saver award on one of the DEL flights to the US.

I think I'll stick to cash tickets for the rest of this pandemic and hope for better treatment. But what to do with all the miles then.. haha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.