Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA,Pick a Personalized Premier Bonus Offer"Pick Your Path",3 options,PQPs are posting

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which path did you pick for UA's "Pick Your Path" promo
“2X miles on United MileagePlus X app” bonus miles offer
2.24%
“Easy PQP” Bonus PQP Deposit
10.31%
“Welcome-back Bonus” Flight Promotion
79.82%
Made no selection ( defaults to "Welcome-Back Bonus")
7.62%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
united.com/pickyourpath

United Offers MileagePlus Premier Members Bonus Miles and New (Faster) Ways to Earn Premier Status

MileagePlus® Premier® members can "Pick Your Path" with three offers designed to provide value to members whether they're ready to travel now, or if they plan to begin flying at a later date

CHICAGO, April 29, 2021
-- United Airlines today introduced three new promotions that let eligible MileagePlus Premier members "Pick Your Path" depending on their upcoming travel plans. The new promotions give members the chance to fast track their Premier status or earn bonus miles and will run from April 29 to July 27, 2021. Offers include:
  • A 'Welcome-back Bonus' promotion that gives members deposits of bonus Premier Qualifying Points (PQPs) for their first three trips.
  • An 'Easy PQP' offer which provides member with a PQP deposit without needing to travel.
  • And an offer which allows members to earn double miles through the MileagePlus X app.
"While demand for travel is steadily increasing, we recognize that different customers are beginning to return to travel at different times," said Luc Bondar United's vice president of marketing and loyalty and President of MileagePlus. "Offering three separate promotions allows us to meet our Premier members where they are and gives our members the opportunity to select an offer that is meaningful to them whether they're ready to travel now or if they'd rather receive miles to save for a trip later on."

Welcome-back Bonus PQP

United is offering an option for eligible Premier members to earn up to 25% of the outright PQPs required for their current status level with the Welcome-back Bonus PQP offer. Combined with the 25% PQP deposit that United gave members at the start of this year, members who choose this option will have the opportunity to earn half of the PQP-only requirement to requalify for their status level.

Easy PQP

Premier members who aren't planning any travel before July 27, 2021 can choose to receive a 10% deposit of the outright PQP requirement for their current status level with the Easy PQP option. Members will automatically receive between 350 and 1,500 PQPs depending on their status level.

Bonus Miles Through MileagePlus X

Eligible U.S.-based Premier members who prefer to save up for their next trip can choose to earn double miles (up to 10,000 bonus miles total) on all transactions made with MileagePlus X. With the MileagePlus X app, members can buy eGift cards from hundreds of merchants, dine at participating restaurants, or shop online and earn miles for each purchase.

Members have until May 13, 2021 to choose their promotion option or they will be automatically enrolled in the Welcome-back Bonus PQP offer. To be eligible, members must have held Premier status on April 19, 2021. Eligible Premier members can visit united.com/pickyourpath or sign into the MileagePlus X app to make their selection.

These new offerings build on announcements United introduced last year including reducing Premier qualifying thresholds, automatically giving members 25% of the PQP requirements for their status level and offering additional promotions for travel earlier this year. To learn about all of the changes United made to its Premier program in the last year visit https://mileageplusupdates.com/.

"Pick Your Path" Terms and Conditions

Eligibility
  • Only MileagePlus members with Premier status as of April 19, 2021 are eligible for this promotion.
  • The “Promotional Period” is defined as April 29, 2021– July 27, 2021 at 11:59 PM local time.
  • Eligible members will have the opportunity to choose one of three offers between April 29, 2021 and May 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM CT (the “Selection Period”):
    1. “Easy PQP” – bonus Premier Qualifying Points (“PQP”) that do not require flight activity
    2. “2X miles on United MileagePlus X app” (“MPX”) – Double miles on qualifying MPX activity
    3. “Welcome-back Bonus” – Bonus PQP earned by taking PQP-eligible trips on United
  • Premier members who have not made an offer selection before the end of the Selection Period will be automatically enrolled in the Welcome-back Bonus offer.
  • Once made, offer selection cannot be changed, including but not limited to selection by automatic enrollment in the Welcome-back Bonus offer.

• Members selecting the “Easy PQP” offer will receive one PQP deposit on or prior to May 24, 2021. The deposit amount will vary based upon the member’s Premier status as of May 13, 2021.
  • PQP will be awarded as follows: Premier Silver – 350 PQP, Premier Gold – 700 PQP, Premier Platinum – 1,000 PQP and Premier 1K – 1,500 PQP.

• Members selecting the “2X miles on United MileagePlus X app” offer will receive bonus miles equal to 100% of the base miles earned from MileagePlus for MileagePlus X app transactions made within the Promotional Period. Qualifying mileage earning activity: eGift Card purchases, MileagePlus Shopping transactions, MileagePlus Dining transactions, United Visa Rewards offer completions and Featured App transactions.
  • Only qualifying miles earning activity that is completed during the Promotional Period is eligible, including but not limited to completed hotel stays and completed rental car bookings. Transactions completed during the Promotional Period but before offer selection will still qualify.
  • No bonus miles will be awarded under this offer for bonus miles earned in connection with another MPX offer, including but not limited to new member bonuses, spending bonuses, and the 25% bonus awarded to co-brand cardmembers on eGift Card purchases.
  • Most bonus miles will be deposited within 14 days. Bonus miles for Mileage Plus Shopping transactions may take up to 45 days to post to the MileagePlus account.
  • A maximum of 10,000 bonus miles may be earned by a member through this offer.
  • The MileagePlus X app is only available for download in the United States and will not work outside the United States.

• PQP will be awarded as follows:
Code:
 			Trip 1	Trip 2	Trip 3
 Premier Silver		525	175	175
 Premier Gold		1,050	350	350
 Premier Platinum	1,500	500	500
 Premier 1K		2,250	750	750
  • Only the first three PQP-eligible Trips taken during the Promotional Period will be eligible for a PQP bonus under this offer.
  • “Trip” is defined as a unique travel itinerary that includes at least one PQP-eligible flight segment operated by United or United Express, as documented by a unique ticket number, and that earns PQP and is flown within the Promotional Period.
  • A Trip’s first flight segment must begin no earlier than April 29, 2021 to be eligible.
  • A Trip does not need to be completed prior to the end of the Promotional Period to qualify, but a United or United Express flight segment must be completed within the Promotional Period for the Trip to be eligible.
  • Trips booked before the beginning of the Promotional Period that are otherwise eligible will qualify for this offer. Trips made during the Promotional Period but before offer selection will qualify.
  • PQP will be earned upon completion of the first United or United Express flight segment in a Trip, but may take up to 10 days to post to the MileagePlus account.
  • Travel that is not otherwise eligible for earning PQP (such as award flights) will not count towards fulfillment of a Trip for this offer.
  • Bonus PQP will be awarded based upon the member’s Premier status as of May 13, 2021.
  • In some cases, a Trip may include more than one ticket number including (a) when more than four coupons are included in an itinerary and another conjunctive ticket number must be issued, or (b) when a member exchanges an existing ticket for a new ticket. In these instances, the new ticket number will not be considered a new and separate Trip but will be considered part of the originally ticketed Trip.
Other important information:
  • E-Ticket purchase is required for the Welcome-back Bonus flight promotion. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
  • No Premier Qualifying Flight bonuses will be given in connection with this promotion.
  • MileagePlus members need to apply their MileagePlus number to the reservation prior to departure of each flight to ensure they qualify for the bonus.
  • Qualifying activity must be posted to the applicable member's United MileagePlus® account in order to qualify for this offer.
  • This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
  • Promotion ends at 11:59 p.m. (local time) on July 27, 2021.
  • If transactions are reversed or canceled or refunds occur such that the promotion requirements are not satisfied, bonus will not be awarded to the MileagePlus member account.
  • All calculations and other determinations made in connection with this offer will be made by United in its discretion and are considered final.
  • Promotion is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
  • Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the "MileagePlus Program"), which are expressly incorporated herein. United® may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines® and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. See additional MileagePlus rules and conditions.
Frequently asked questions

Why is United letting me choose which offer I would like?
  • We realize members with Premier status have different plans and travel needs at this time, so we’re offering eligible members the flexibility of choosing an offer that meets their needs. Because some members may be unable to fly right now, we’re offering a PQP bonus that isn’t tied to travel. We’re also offering a richer PQP bonus that’s tied to taking up to three PQP-eligible trips within the promotional period. Lastly, we’re offering Premier members the ability to receive up to 10,000 bonus miles by earning 2X miles on MileagePlus X app transactions within the promotional period.
Who is eligible for this promotion?
  • This is a targeted promotion and is only available to select Premier members. To be eligible for this promotion, you must have been an existing Premier member on April 19, 2021.
Can I change my offer choice after making a selection, even if it’s before the election period closes on May 13, 2021?
  • No, offer selection cannot be changed after a choice is made and registration is confirmed, regardless of the date the choice was made.

Welcome-back Bonus offer

What is a “trip”? What trips are eligible for the Welcome-back Bonus?
  • A trip is an itinerary containing United or United Express segments as defined by a unique ticket number. Your ticket must be PQP-eligible, which means award tickets and other ticket types that are ineligible to earn PQP are not eligible for this offer.
  • Trips must begin travel no earlier than April 29, 2021. This means the first flight segment of your trip cannot depart before this date to be eligible for this promotion.
  • Trips must have United or United Express flight segments departing between April 29, 2021 and July 27, 2021.
  • For full details, please refer to the terms and conditions for this offer.
What if I booked my trip before I chose the Welcome-back Bonus offer?
  • The date that you booked your trip or the date that you complete your trip will not disqualify a trip for this promotion as long as other eligibility criteria for the trip are satisfied. This means if your trip’s first travel date is within the promotional period (April 29 – July 27, 2021) but the trip isn’t completed by July 27, 2021, it still may be considered eligible for bonus PQP under this offer if other eligibility criteria are satisfied.
What if I took a trip before I chose the Welcome-back Bonus offer?
  • The date you chose the Welcome-back Bonus offer has no bearing on whether a PQP-eligible trip will qualify for this offer. As long as the trip is PQP-eligible, doesn’t begin until on/after April 29, 2021, and meets the other criteria to qualify as one of the first three trips within the promotional period, it will qualify for bonus PQP if the member is registered for the Welcome-back bonus promotion. For full details, please refer to the terms and conditions for this offer.
My trip begins within the promotional period but was booked before this promotion was offered. Is it still eligible?
  • There are no booking date restrictions with this offer, so if it satisfies the trip eligibility criteria in the offer terms, it will qualify for bonus PQP as a part of the Welcome-back Bonus offer.
I was automatically enrolled in Welcome-back Bonus offer and want to change my offer. Can I do that?
  • Members who do not select an offer within the selection period (April 29 – May 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM CT), will be automatically enrolled in the Welcome-back Bonus offer, which offers the highest potential PQP bonus amounts.
  • If you were automatically enrolled in this offer, it means you did not pick an offer within the selection period and the offer cannot be changed. You may take PQP-eligible trips within the promotional period and those would be considered for bonus PQP under this offer. The bonus PQP you receive will be based on the Premier status you held on May 13, 2021.
Can multiple ticket numbers be considered a single trip?
  • In some cases, different ticket numbers will be considered part of the same trip including when more than four coupons are included within an itinerary and a conjunctive ticket number must be issued, or when a ticket is exchanged. In these instances, the conjunctive ticket(s) and/or exchanged ticket(s) will be considered part of the originally ticketed trip.

Easy PQP bonus offer

What do I have to do in order to receive the Easy PQP bonus?
  • Select the Easy PQP offer before the selection period closes at 11:59 PM CT on May 13, 2021. Confirm your choice and you will receive a confirmation email and your bonus PQP deposit by May 24, 2021. The bonus PQP amount you receive will be based on your Premier status as of May 13, 2021.
Why is United offering a bonus PQP amount not tied to a flight?
  • We realize members aren’t returning to travel at the same time. While the largest bonus PQP amounts are offered through the Welcome-back Bonus offer, we want to help members who don’t have upcoming travel plans stay on track toward requalifying for their Premier status level through January 2023.
I’ve reached a higher Premier tier since I selected the Easy PQP offer. Will I receive a different PQP bonus amount?
  • The PQP bonus amount you receive if you select the Easy PQP offer may be higher than what was confirmed when you made your selection if you reach a higher Premier status level on or before May 13, 2021.
I selected the Easy PQP bonus offer but now I would like to change my selection to Welcome-back Bonus offer because I now have upcoming travel plans. Can I change my selection?
  • No. Once you select an offer within the selection period, it cannot be changed – even within the selection period. All offer selections are final. If you anticipate flying within the promotional period even once, the Welcome-back Bonus offer will provide the highest bonus PQP potential.

2X miles with United MileagePlus X app

Why can’t international members participate in the “2X miles with United MileagePlus X offer?
  • International members can’t participate in the 2X miles on United MileagePlus X offer because the MileagePlus X (MPX) app is not available in app stores outside of the United States and is unavailable with most vendors outside of the United States.
When will I get the bonus miles for my MPX transaction?
  • The base miles you receive for your transaction and the bonus may post at different times. Most bonus amounts will post within 14 days, but MileagePlus ShoppingSM transactions may take up to 45 days for the bonus miles to post.
Will I get 2X miles on all transactions?
  • You will get 2X miles, or double miles, on eGift Card purchases, MileagePlus Shopping transactions, MileagePlus DiningSM transactions, United Visa Rewards offer completions and Featured App transactions made within the promotional period with the MileagePlus X app. No bonus miles will be awarded under this offer for bonus miles earned in connection with another MPX offer, including but not limited to new member bonuses, spending bonuses, and the 25% bonus awarded to co-brand cardmembers on eGift Card purchases. Most bonuses under this offer will post within 14 days of the transaction, with the exception of MileagePlus Shopping transactions which may take up to 45 days for the mileage bonus to post to your account. For full details, please see the terms and conditions for this offer.
Are the 2X miles in addition to the miles I already receive from a MileagePlus X transaction, or is 2X miles the total amount I will receive for a MileagePlus X transaction within the promotional period?
  • 2X, or double miles, is the total amount of miles you will receive for an eligible MileagePlus X app transaction that takes place within the promotional period. The base miles and bonus miles will post to your account separately. The bonus miles that post to your account under this offer will be equal to the number of base miles you earned for the transaction. In aggregate you will receive twice the amount of miles you’d normally receive for that MileagePlus X transaction. For example, if you were enrolled in this offer and receive 100 base miles for your MileagePlus X app transaction, then 100 base miles will post to your account for the transaction and separately, 100 bonus miles will post to your account for that transaction for a total of 200 miles, or 2X miles.
What if I made purchases before I chose the 2X MileagePlus X bonus miles offer?
  • All eligible MileagePlus X app transactions that occur within the promotional period will be considered for 2X miles regardless of the date you made your offer choice.
Print Wikipost

UA,Pick a Personalized Premier Bonus Offer"Pick Your Path",3 options,PQPs are posting

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:59 am
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

At the beginning of the year, we introduced 2021 requirements with the intention of providing ongoing premier qualification bonuses to help our most loyal members requalify for Premier status through 2022. Now, we’re meeting members where they are by letting members decide which Premier offer best suits their needs. All members with Premier status as of April 19, 2021 are eligible to participate.

From April 29 to May 13, 2021 MileagePlus® Premier® members who register for the Pick Your Path promotion will receive more than just a bonus – you'll get to choose one of several bonus offers and earn more on your own terms. Register now to pick one of these exclusive offers:

1. Welcome-back Bonus: Fly up to three PQP-eligible trips that include flying on United or United Express between April 29 and July 27, 2021, and earn up to 25% of the outright PQP requirement for your tier of status, regardless of when you book your trip.

2. Easy PQP: Not planning on traveling before July 27, 2021? Stay on tracks towards requalifying for Premier status by getting a bonus PQP deposit of 10% of the outright PQP for your tier of status, no strings attached.

3. 2X miles with MileagePlus X (U.S. based members): More interested in miles? Earn 2X miles (up to 10,000 bonus miles total) on all transactions you make with the MileagePlus X app during the promotional period. The MileagePlus X app is only available for download in the United States and will not work outside the United States.

Eligible members can view and choose offers at www.united.com/pickyourpath or by making their selection within the MileagePlus X app. The selection period will close on May 13 11:59 CT.
wcj1, SPN Lifer, nnn and 8 others like this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Full terms:
Eligibility
  • Only MileagePlus members with Premier status as of April 19, 2021 are eligible for this promotion.
  • The “Promotional Period” is defined as April 29, 2021– July 27, 2021 at 11:59 PM local time.
  • Eligible members will have the opportunity to choose one of three offers between April 29, 2021 and May 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM CT (the “Selection Period”):
    1. “Easy PQP” – bonus Premier Qualifying Points (“PQP”) that do not require flight activity
    2. “2X miles on United MileagePlus X app” (“MPX”) – Double miles on qualifying MPX activity
    3. “Welcome-back Bonus” – Bonus PQP earned by taking PQP-eligible trips on United
  • Premier members who have not made an offer selection before the end of the Selection Period will be automatically enrolled in the Welcome-back Bonus offer.
  • Once made, offer selection cannot be changed, including but not limited to selection by automatic enrollment in the Welcome-back Bonus offer.
  • Members selecting the “Easy PQP” offer will receive one PQP deposit on or prior to May 24, 2021. The deposit amount will vary based upon the member’s Premier status as of May 13, 2021.
  • PQP will be awarded as follows: Premier Silver – 350 PQP, Premier Gold – 700 PQP, Premier Platinum – 1,000 PQP and Premier 1K – 1,500 PQP.
  • Members selecting the “2X miles on United MileagePlus X app” offer will receive bonus miles equal to 100% of the base miles earned from MileagePlus for MileagePlus X app transactions made within the Promotional Period. Qualifying mileage earning activity: eGift Card purchases, MileagePlus Shopping transactions, MileagePlus Dining transactions, United Visa Rewards offer completions and Featured App transactions.
  • Only qualifying miles earning activity that is completed during the Promotional Period is eligible, including but not limited to completed hotel stays and completed rental car bookings. Transactions completed during the Promotional Period but before offer selection will still qualify.
  • No bonus miles will be awarded under this offer for bonus miles earned in connection with another MPX offer, including but not limited to new member bonuses, spending bonuses, and the 25% bonus awarded to co-brand cardmembers on eGift Card purchases.
  • Most bonus miles will be deposited within 14 days. Bonus miles for Mileage Plus Shopping transactions may take up to 45 days to post to the MileagePlus account.
  • A maximum of 10,000 bonus miles may be earned by a member through this offer.
  • The MileagePlus X app is only available for download in the United States and will not work outside the United States.
  • PQP will be awarded as follows:
  • Only the first three PQP-eligible Trips taken during the Promotional Period will be eligible for a PQP bonus under this offer.
  • “Trip” is defined as a unique travel itinerary that includes at least one PQP-eligible flight segment operated by United or United Express, as documented by a unique ticket number, and that earns PQP and is flown within the Promotional Period.
  • A Trip’s first flight segment must begin no earlier than April 29, 2021 to be eligible.
  • A Trip does not need to be completed prior to the end of the Promotional Period to qualify, but a United or United Express flight segment must be completed within the Promotional Period for the Trip to be eligible.
  • Trips booked before the beginning of the Promotional Period that are otherwise eligible will qualify for this offer. Trips made during the Promotional Period but before offer selection will qualify.
  • PQP will be earned upon completion of the first United or United Express flight segment in a Trip, but may take up to 10 days to post to the MileagePlus account.
  • Travel that is not otherwise eligible for earning PQP (such as award flights) will not count towards fulfillment of a Trip for this offer.
  • Bonus PQP will be awarded based upon the member’s Premier status as of May 13, 2021.
  • In some cases, a Trip may include more than one ticket number including (a) when more than four coupons are included in an itinerary and another conjunctive ticket number must be issued, or (b) when a member exchanges an existing ticket for a new ticket. In these instances, the new ticket number will not be considered a new and separate Trip but will be considered part of the originally ticketed Trip.
Trip 1 Trip 2 Trip 3
Premier Silver 525 175 175
Premier Gold 1,050 350 350
Premier Platinum 1,500 500 500
Premier 1K 2,250 750 750
Other important information:
  • E-Ticket purchase is required for the Welcome-back Bonus flight promotion. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
  • No Premier Qualifying Flight bonuses will be given in connection with this promotion.
  • MileagePlus members need to apply their MileagePlus number to the reservation prior to departure of each flight to ensure they qualify for the bonus.
  • Qualifying activity must be posted to the applicable member's United MileagePlus® account in order to qualify for this offer.
  • This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
  • Promotion ends at 11:59 p.m. (local time) on July 27, 2021.
  • If transactions are reversed or canceled or refunds occur such that the promotion requirements are not satisfied, bonus will not be awarded to the MileagePlus member account.
  • All calculations and other determinations made in connection with this offer will be made by United in its discretion and are considered final.
  • Promotion is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
  • Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the "MileagePlus Program"), which are expressly incorporated herein. United® may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines® and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. See additional MileagePlus rules and conditions.
Frequently asked questions
Why is United letting me choose which offer I would like?
  • We realize members with Premier status have different plans and travel needs at this time, so we’re offering eligible members the flexibility of choosing an offer that meets their needs. Because some members may be unable to fly right now, we’re offering a PQP bonus that isn’t tied to travel. We’re also offering a richer PQP bonus that’s tied to taking up to three PQP-eligible trips within the promotional period. Lastly, we’re offering Premier members the ability to receive up to 10,000 bonus miles by earning 2X miles on MileagePlus X app transactions within the promotional period.
Who is eligible for this promotion?
  • This is a targeted promotion and is only available to select Premier members. To be eligible for this promotion, you must have been an existing Premier member on April 19, 2021.
Can I change my offer choice after making a selection, even if it’s before the election period closes on May 13, 2021?
  • No, offer selection cannot be changed after a choice is made and registration is confirmed, regardless of the date the choice was made.
Welcome-back Bonus offer
What is a “trip”? What trips are eligible for the Welcome-back Bonus?
  • A trip is an itinerary containing United or United Express segments as defined by a unique ticket number. Your ticket must be PQP-eligible, which means award tickets and other ticket types that are ineligible to earn PQP are not eligible for this offer.
  • Trips must begin travel no earlier than April 29, 2021. This means the first flight segment of your trip cannot depart before this date to be eligible for this promotion.
  • Trips must have United or United Express flight segments departing between April 29, 2021 and July 27, 2021.
  • For full details, please refer to the terms and conditions for this offer.
What if I booked my trip before I chose the Welcome-back Bonus offer?
  • The date that you booked your trip or the date that you complete your trip will not disqualify a trip for this promotion as long as other eligibility criteria for the trip are satisfied. This means if your trip’s first travel date is within the promotional period (April 29 – July 27, 2021) but the trip isn’t completed by July 27, 2021, it still may be considered eligible for bonus PQP under this offer if other eligibility criteria are satisfied.
What if I took a trip before I chose the Welcome-back Bonus offer?
  • The date you chose the Welcome-back Bonus offer has no bearing on whether a PQP-eligible trip will qualify for this offer. As long as the trip is PQP-eligible, doesn’t begin until on/after April 29, 2021, and meets the other criteria to qualify as one of the first three trips within the promotional period, it will qualify for bonus PQP if the member is registered for the Welcome-back bonus promotion. For full details, please refer to the terms and conditions for this offer.
My trip begins within the promotional period but was booked before this promotion was offered. Is it still eligible?
  • There are no booking date restrictions with this offer, so if it satisfies the trip eligibility criteria in the offer terms, it will qualify for bonus PQP as a part of the Welcome-back Bonus offer.
I was automatically enrolled in Welcome-back Bonus offer and want to change my offer. Can I do that?
  • Members who do not select an offer within the selection period (April 29 – May 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM CT), will be automatically enrolled in the Welcome-back Bonus offer, which offers the highest potential PQP bonus amounts.
  • If you were automatically enrolled in this offer, it means you did not pick an offer within the selection period and the offer cannot be changed. You may take PQP-eligible trips within the promotional period and those would be considered for bonus PQP under this offer. The bonus PQP you receive will be based on the Premier status you held on May 13, 2021.
Can multiple ticket numbers be considered a single trip?
  • In some cases, different ticket numbers will be considered part of the same trip including when more than four coupons are included within an itinerary and a conjunctive ticket number must be issued, or when a ticket is exchanged. In these instances, the conjunctive ticket(s) and/or exchanged ticket(s) will be considered part of the originally ticketed trip.
Easy PQP bonus offer
What do I have to do in order to receive the Easy PQP bonus?
  • Select the Easy PQP offer before the selection period closes at 11:59 PM CT on May 13, 2021. Confirm your choice and you will receive a confirmation email and your bonus PQP deposit by May 24, 2021. The bonus PQP amount you receive will be based on your Premier status as of May 13, 2021.
Why is United offering a bonus PQP amount not tied to a flight?
  • We realize members aren’t returning to travel at the same time. While the largest bonus PQP amounts are offered through the Welcome-back Bonus offer, we want to help members who don’t have upcoming travel plans stay on track toward requalifying for their Premier status level through January 2023.
I’ve reached a higher Premier tier since I selected the Easy PQP offer. Will I receive a different PQP bonus amount?
  • The PQP bonus amount you receive if you select the Easy PQP offer may be higher than what was confirmed when you made your selection if you reach a higher Premier status level on or before May 13, 2021.
I selected the Easy PQP bonus offer but now I would like to change my selection to Welcome-back Bonus offer because I now have upcoming travel plans. Can I change my selection?
  • No. Once you select an offer within the selection period, it cannot be changed – even within the selection period. All offer selections are final. If you anticipate flying within the promotional period even once, the Welcome-back Bonus offer will provide the highest bonus PQP potential.
2X miles with United MileagePlus X app
Why can’t international members participate in the “2X miles with United MileagePlus X offer?
  • International members can’t participate in the 2X miles on United MileagePlus X offer because the MileagePlus X (MPX) app is not available in app stores outside of the United States and is unavailable with most vendors outside of the United States.
When will I get the bonus miles for my MPX transaction?
  • The base miles you receive for your transaction and the bonus may post at different times. Most bonus amounts will post within 14 days, but MileagePlus ShoppingSM transactions may take up to 45 days for the bonus miles to post.
Will I get 2X miles on all transactions?
  • You will get 2X miles, or double miles, on eGift Card purchases, MileagePlus Shopping transactions, MileagePlus DiningSM transactions, United Visa Rewards offer completions and Featured App transactions made within the promotional period with the MileagePlus X app. No bonus miles will be awarded under this offer for bonus miles earned in connection with another MPX offer, including but not limited to new member bonuses, spending bonuses, and the 25% bonus awarded to co-brand cardmembers on eGift Card purchases. Most bonuses under this offer will post within 14 days of the transaction, with the exception of MileagePlus Shopping transactions which may take up to 45 days for the mileage bonus to post to your account. For full details, please see the terms and conditions for this offer.
Are the 2X miles in addition to the miles I already receive from a MileagePlus X transaction, or is 2X miles the total amount I will receive for a MileagePlus X transaction within the promotional period?
  • 2X, or double miles, is the total amount of miles you will receive for an eligible MileagePlus X app transaction that takes place within the promotional period. The base miles and bonus miles will post to your account separately. The bonus miles that post to your account under this offer will be equal to the number of base miles you earned for the transaction. In aggregate you will receive twice the amount of miles you’d normally receive for that MileagePlus X transaction. For example, if you were enrolled in this offer and receive 100 base miles for your MileagePlus X app transaction, then 100 base miles will post to your account for the transaction and separately, 100 bonus miles will post to your account for that transaction for a total of 200 miles, or 2X miles.
What if I made purchases before I chose the 2X MileagePlus X bonus miles offer?
  • All eligible MileagePlus X app transactions that occur within the promotional period will be considered for 2X miles regardless of the date you made your offer choice.
TravelToNom likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Registered. With the Q1 offer and the flying I've been doing, I'll requal for 1K on PQP by end of the quarter without the segment requirements.
Xyzzy and ok2uselane like this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
As with the first quarter bonus, I wish you could pick and choose your 3 trips, rather than first 3.But glad to have it nonetheless.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Thanks UA Insider!

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
If I’m reading this right, I, as a 1K, could fly 3 one way trips say PIT-ORD, ORD-IAD, IAD-PIT and get 3500 PQPs (25% 15K PQP) On top of the 3750 at the beginning of the year and get Gold for next year?
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Already qualified. Thanks anyway.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
As with the first quarter bonus, I wish you could pick and choose your 3 trips, rather than first 3.But glad to have it nonetheless.
Does it matter this time? It looks like you just get a flat bonus for each trip, so the trip's details like ticket PQP don't seem like they'd change anything.
drewguy and txaggiemiles like this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K
It'll be hard to fly but I can try to get a trip or 2 in by August. I will still have issues doing the rest of the qualifications given my TPAC travels are probably not happening until December, if things will even be open.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
If I’m reading this right, I, as a 1K, could fly 3 one way trips say PIT-ORD, ORD-IAD, IAD-PIT and get 3500 PQPs (25% 15K PQP) On top of the 3750 at the beginning of the year and get Gold for next year?
You would get 3,750 PQP, same as the amount from the beginning of the year.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I like that option 1 isn't all-or-nothing, since I wasn't sure if I'll get 3 trips in. 60% of the bonus for your first trip, then 20% for each of the remaining.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
For 1K's this looks like a great bonus for those willing to fly 3 cheap trips - 3,750 bonus PQP reduces the PQP qualification by over 20% if you don't meet the PQF and much more so if you do meet PQF
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by fumje
Does it matter this time? It looks like you just get a flat bonus for each trip, so the trip's details like ticket PQP don't seem like they'd change anything.
Correct - it does not matter what trips trigger the PQP bonuses - they are flat payouts tied to current Premier status and nothing to do with the route or PQP's on the ticket.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Wait, so one trip for 1k gets 2250 bonus PQP?
2nd and 3rd get 750 each?
Xyzzy and drewguy like this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
For 1K's this looks like a great bonus for those willing to fly 3 cheap trips - 3,750 bonus PQP reduces the PQP qualification by over 20% if you don't meet the PQF and much more so if you do meet PQF
And if you were qualifying anyway it happens to be just about right for getting some extra PlusPoints (which may or may not be possible to use over the next year ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.