FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA Marketeers Are Out: "Return to New" ("Customer Connection 27-28 April 2021") (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2036993-ua-marketeers-out-return-new-customer-connection-27-28-april-2021-a.html)

DELee Mar 31, 2021 2:34 pm

UA Marketeers Are Out: "Return to New" ("Customer Connection 27-28 April 2021")

FWIW, UA for Biz is holding a virtual 2 day event called "Return to New" later in April:

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...52611fb89f.jpg

link: https://na.eventscloud.com/ereg/inde...eventid=613526&#

David

ordogg Mar 31, 2021 4:06 pm

Return "to new" = except for the shelf stable in-flight catering

IAH-OIL-TRASH Mar 31, 2021 6:21 pm

If anyone drops in on this, hopefully you'll graciously relate what is "promised" - we'll experience the reality.

bocastephen Mar 31, 2021 7:21 pm

That is one of the absolute dumbest marketing slogans I've ever heard...aside from the fact that it doesn't even make sense in English.

How about we be more clear and use Kirby's internal marketing slogan: "We lost billions, we bamboozled the taxpayers, we slashed the product, we blame the cheap/scared customers because it's always their fault, our service will never return to normal, if you don't like it or aren't willing pay up, then get lost."

At least that sounds more transparent about the last 12 months and the next few years to come.

Kmxu Mar 31, 2021 8:11 pm

Return to fly the new friendly sky

“Return to New” is short hand for “Return to fly the New friendly United, aka, ULCC!”

kangarooflyer88 Apr 1, 2021 4:32 am

Originally Posted by ordogg (Post 33142025)
Return "to new" = except for the shelf stable in-flight catering

As someone who has eaten those stale biscoff cookies on one too many TPACs, I take exception to that remark :p

-'Roo Flyer

nyr2299 Apr 1, 2021 7:20 am

Originally Posted by kangarooflyer88 (Post 33143240)
As someone who has eaten those stale biscoff cookies on one too many TPACs, I take exception to that remark :p

-'Roo Flyer

Its amazing how good that shelf stable food tastes to someone 1000 miles away from the nearest airport, somewhere over the north pole.

Hawkeyefan Apr 1, 2021 10:07 am

Puke on that slogan. Yeah, fly biz with United, we will make things weird for you.

Say Vandelay Apr 1, 2021 10:53 am

Just to be clear, an airline is holding a VIRTUAL event about how business is ready to "get back to travel". April Fools joke?

bocastephen Apr 1, 2021 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay (Post 33144003)
Just to be clear, an airline is holding a VIRTUAL event about how business is ready to "get back to travel". April Fools joke?

Well, 2030 is just around the corner you know - better to prepare early.

I will say that leisure travel appears to be roaring back, although just in time for another virus wave :rolleyes: but I've always agreed that leisure travel will be a strong rebound - it's business travel whose goose is cooked for a long time to come.

DELee Apr 21, 2021 4:04 pm

FWIW: Ze Agenda

AGENDA (ALL TIMES CENTRAL – CHICAGO, US)

Tuesday, April 27

10 AM

Travel Trends and New Vision: United CEO Scott Kirby and Global Business Travel Association CEO Suzanne Neufang

Join Scott Kirby and Suzanne Neufang in a fireside chat on business travel and how industry changes are shaping airline strategy and customer experience for the future.

11 AM

From Rooms to Routes: meet Doreen Burse, United’s new SVP Worldwide Sales

Get to know Doreen Burse as she discusses her vision for United for Business and answers your questions in a conversation hosted by Joe Tibble and Aileen Furlong.

12 PM

Travel Manager Panel: Tips for supporting your company's return to travel

Hear from leading Travel Managers across different industries how they navigated the pandemic and how they’re restarting business travel at their companies.

1 PM

Entertainment & Production and Meetings & Incentives: We've got your solution!

Join the United Entertainment and Meetings and & Incentive Teams for a fun and interactive session.
• Discover how United for Business programs can assist you with “return to new” business travel events
• Learn how Meetings & Production agreements can be tailored to solve your unique travel needs
• Join in for a chance to be rewarded along the way

3 PM

Maximize Your Business Travel Budget: Featuring United PassPlus

Your business needs can take you anywhere at a moment's notice, and PassPlus can put you in control of your travel and associated costs. Learn about this easy to use subscription program, exciting changes coming soon and how you can quickly improve your traveler experience and cost savings.

Wednesday, April 28

10 AM

Route Network, Onboard Experience, MileagePlus, and More: Your questions answered

Doreen Burse moderates an engaging discussion with Andrew Nocella, Ankit Gupta, Patrick Quayle and Luc Bondar. Questions submitted by the audience will drive the conversation.

11 AM

What to expect next time you fly: Improving the travel customer experience through technology

Connect with our tech leads for a discussion on our customer-focused technology improvements, including the popular Travel Ready Center – our unique digital solution to navigating COVID-19 travel restrictions.

12 PM

Customer Connection Exhibit Hall: Visit with other United departments and our JV partners

Stop by our Exhibit Hall to learn more about the exciting things happening around United and with our joint venture airline partners. Team members from each area will be on hand to answer live chat questions!

3 PM

Road Warrior Panel: Tips from flyers who haven't let a pandemic keep them grounded

Hear from an all-star panel of travelers on how they are navigating the changing travel landscape and what tips you need to know before your next trip to the airport.

Closing remarks with Doreen Burse

Register: https://na.eventscloud.com/ereg/newr...eventid=613526&

David

WineCountryUA Apr 21, 2021 4:22 pm

I'll await summaries posted by someone else.

radonc1 Apr 21, 2021 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33195382)
I'll await summaries posted someone else.

A virtual 2 day advertisement.

And I thought that the Home Shopping Network took advertising to an extreme :rolleyes:

WineCountryUA Apr 21, 2021 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1 (Post 33195456)
A virtual 2 day advertisement.

And I thought that the Home Shopping Network took advertising to an extreme :rolleyes:

Hardly the first company to these sort of multi-day infomercials. There becoming more common in the world of webex/teams/zoom/...

bocastephen Apr 21, 2021 5:47 pm

Oh the irony of hosting a business travel summit.....virtually :rolleyes: