Wiki Posts
Search

Shares Training

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Shares Training

Hi everybody!

I just joined UA as new hire reservation agent but due to the pandemic situation i did not get any trainning, I did not know SHARES and it has been very hard to understand. Does anyone of you know any resources where I can study or at least learn the main commands to manage PNR?

Thanks
Old Mar 23, 2021, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Odd first FT posting by new UA employee(?)

...newly hired reservation agents come to FT to ask for Shares training...

Shares Trainning

David
wrp96, EWR764, SPN Lifer and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by lgustavohdzc
Hi everybody!

I just joined UA as new hire reservation agent but due to the pandemic situation i did not get any trainning, I did not know SHARES and it has been very hard to understand. Does anyone of you know any resources where I can study or at least learn the main commands to manage PNR?

Thanks
I would say your supervisor would be able to provide you with resources, no? How much are you actually doing in SHARES as it is?

either way, don't be discouraged, SHARES is simple once you get the hang of it. Many people, even after weeks of training do not come out of it with expert level.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 1:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I would be careful to take that posting at face value. I suspect it refers to using Shares at the command line level, which is something other reports have suggested UA is not planning on agents using / discouraging. The reservation agents have a overlay they use which is not at the command line level. Don't beleive command line training has been done for years.

Gate agents use Aero as their primary interface. But a skilled agent can do wonders at the command line level.
SPN Lifer and writerguyfl like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I don't buy it.

And the misspelling of training not only in the thread title but also in the post makes me suspect a fake thread.
anniegray and Often1 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Unfortunately we're not talking about a skilled agent here.

David
Old Mar 23, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
And the misspelling of training not only in the thread title but also in the post makes me suspect a fake thread.
Why?
Old Mar 23, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
Why?
Because the thread topic is bizarre, first time post, and odd misspellings.

I'm also skeptical UA is hiring much of anything right now nor not providing any training even if they did.
garykung, iluv2fly and anniegray like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The underlying premise, e.g., that US is in trouble does not follow from the referenced thread even if it is real.
SPN Lifer and rmadisonwi like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 4:53 pm

#Fake / Bait.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Because the thread topic is bizarre, first time post, and odd misspellings.
I wasn't questioning the overall authenticity - only the notion you espoused that one misspelling was indicative. I'm just amused because if you ever try working in hospitality you'll quickly learn spelling (and grammar, and really writing in general) isn't exactly a strong suit, even for computer-facing positions.
writerguyfl and craigthemif like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
FT: never miss an opportunity to dunk on UA...
BlueZebra and ExplorerWannabe like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
But a skilled agent can do wonders at the command line level.
Indeed, part of a true angel skill in my book!
Old Mar 23, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Nobody does this....what is this, a joke? Pretty sure United is not currently or "recently" hiring - like they would be hiring during the pandemic ?
SEA-Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by FlyingNone
Nobody does this....what is this, a joke? Pretty sure United is not currently or "recently" hiring - like they would be hiring during the pandemic ?
And then putting res agents on the floor with no training and obviously no idea how to do the job? (Cue the jokes about none of them knowing how to do their jobs, but you know what I mean).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.