Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA's 2021 Return to JFK - Inaugural Flights on 28 March thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2021, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA514 LAX-JFK
JALOO5-Flyer 3A
tomasem

UA520 SFO-JFK

UA523 JFK-SFO
PTahCha 1F
truncated 9L
EsquireFlyer 2A
Clarkcc1 8L (will be wearing very unique shirt - you'll know who I am!)
​​FlyerBeek - 15A

UA517 JFK-LAX
J_Stroming - 11A
ORDnHKG - 22A now 15L

Print Wikipost

UA's 2021 Return to JFK - Inaugural Flights on 28 March thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
there is a current total of 10 upgradeable pax for LAX-JFK, it'll grow once 24 hours comes on and the non-revs check-in.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CALMSP
there is a current total of 10 upgradeable pax for LAX-JFK, it'll grow once 24 hours comes on and the non-revs check-in.
re PY: the App shows 0, while the website shows 8 on the u/g list.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:21 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by cesco.g
re PY: the App shows 0, while the website shows 8 on the u/g list.
I'm guessing the 8 extra people showing on the website are non-revs?

Then again, does this mean all 10 upgradable passengers are all in PY? Since there are no passengers showing in PY upgrade list.

Just another day in the UA upgrade list #FeatureNotABug
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PTahCha
I'm guessing the 8 extra people showing on the website are non-revs?
Just another day in the UA upgrade list #FeatureNotABug
The same names as #11 - #18 on the J-list, show as #1 - #8 on the PY list. You are exactly right they are NRSAs.
I was not aware of the listing on the website, as I always used the App. Good to know!

FWIW, UA 517 (JFK-LAX)/28 Mar shows fully booked in Y, yet still selling seats. Hopefully, the start of healthy loads moving forward.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
The same names as #11 - #18 on the J-list, show as #1 - #8 on the PY list. You are exactly right they are NRSAs.
I was not aware of the listing on the website, as I always used the App. Good to know!

FWIW, UA 517 (JFK-LAX)/28 Mar shows fully booked in Y, yet still selling seats. Hopefully, the start of healthy loads moving forward.
that's due to held seats given the emptiness in J/O. It'll be a while before there will be consistent loads unfortunately. Sunday has the draw of JFK being back in the network.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

that's due to held seats given the emptiness in J/O. It'll be a while before there will be consistent loads unfortunately. Sunday has the draw of JFK being back in the network.
Correct, overselling Y and then clear upgrades and op-up.
The fact that the 3 EWR-LAX flights - two of which are now 752s - are practically full on SU, might have impacted the JFK load as well.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist

Where did you see it is fully booked in Y ???

YBMEUHQV are all 9 and all those empty E+ seats on the seat map are bookable as well

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Mar 26, 2021 at 4:45 pm
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:25 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Hi! Thanks to whoever added me to the wiki lol. Excited to see everyone Sunday. Should we meet somewhere? I wonder if we're going to have access to any lounge?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Where did you see it is fully booked in Y ???

YBMEUHQV are all 9 and all those empty E+ seats on the seat map are bookable as well
the app indicates that P+ and Y are full when you look at the standby list.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:04 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
If you go to T4 before the flight, just be aware after exiting terminal, you will be led to baggage claim, and will likely be greeted by National Guards.

The shortcut exit (for those w/o baggage) has been closed.
I'm not sure which is the shortcut you were referring to, but I was able to get out of the terminal at the security level on Wednesday
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer
I'm not sure which is the shortcut you were referring to, but I was able to get out of the terminal at the security level on Wednesday
You come out of both exits on the same level...one bypasses baggage claim (near the start of B gates), and the other takes you to baggage claim (closer to A gates). At least as of my last visit there, the exit closer to B gates (bypassing baggage claim) has been closed still.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
You come out of both exits on the same level...one bypasses baggage claim (near the start of B gates), and the other takes you to baggage claim (closer to A gates). At least as of my last visit there, the exit closer to B gates (bypassing baggage claim) has been closed still.
Ahh, I see. There's actually another exit at the ticketing/security level (where the centurion lounge is) at the end (centurion lounge side) of the TSA screening area. I left there without being stopped for traveler form.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Correct, overselling Y and then clear upgrades and op-up.
The fact that the 3 EWR-LAX flights - two of which are now 752s - are practically full on SU, might have impacted the JFK load as well.

I can assure that is inaccurate, no classes are oversold and expert mode is always the better indicator and more trustworthy. If P+ and Y are oversold then how do you explain OARYBMEUHQV are all 9 then ???

If P+ is full then no way OAR all show 9, on top of it I just bought and book into P+ , assigned my seat with no problem whatsoever just a few hours ago, so you can decide which should you trust more
I will tell you Sunday night if I get op up to J then

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Mar 26, 2021 at 11:20 pm
Old Mar 27, 2021, 12:49 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
I can assure that is inaccurate, no classes are oversold and expert mode is always the better indicator and more trustworthy. If P+ and Y are oversold then how do you explain OARYBMEUHQV are all 9 then ???

If P+ is full then no way OAR all show 9, on top of it I just bought and book into P+ , assigned my seat with no problem whatsoever just a few hours ago, so you can decide which should you trust more
Whoa! Calm down folks. Inventory changes all the times, based on the whim of folks at inventory control and availability. As of now, the JFK-LAX flight has most of the E- seats filled, with UA only willing to sell 5 more seats in V class. So with potential influx, both of your inventory assessment could be correct at the moment you are looking at the data.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 1:46 pm

Whoa is right! Sir are you looking at the actual loads of the flight, as provided by United? When did Expert Mode become the arbiter of actual real time load data? I wouldn’t be so quick to make blanket statements like you have, especially for this specific flight, which based on all publicly available data, does indeed indicate exactly the opposite that you’ve stated! I hope you get your upgrade with that said! .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.