Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Upgrades vs lounge access as an UA elite benefit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades vs lounge access as an UA elite benefit?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2021, 2:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Award CPUs?
Edit- American offers cpus on award tickets for exp and delta for all tiers. united doesn't offer any CPUs on those routes, American and delta do.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
Note I said top published tier. Delta is different in this regard. GS is invite only.
As is DL 360 and AA CK.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 2:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by TomMM
As is DL 360 and AA CK.
Yes I agree, but what point are you trying to make?
Old Mar 25, 2021, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes I agree, but what point are you trying to make?
None really, just clarifying your understanding.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 5:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Edit- American offers cpus on award tickets for exp and delta for all tiers. united doesn't offer any CPUs on those routes, American and delta do.
Missed the goalpost shift

One can go back-n-forth of the advantages of one (UA) program vs the other programs (such DL, AA). While they are similar they have differences and you just can not add a tangible benefit from another program with removing an equivalently tangible benefit (and tangibility is a consideration for both the carrier and the elite).

Tangibility / costs of upgrades vs lounges access has been the crux of this discussion, are they equivalent tradeoffs or not. To UA, to the elite.
I believe UA considers upgrade benefits incrementally very low cost and lounge access a higher cost. For the elites, there could be a wide range of evaluations. But unless it works for both, this unlikely to go forward.
SPN Lifer and Dublin_rfk like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.