Mobile Check In with Lap Infant?

Old Mar 20, 2021, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Mobile Check In with Lap Infant?

I am traveling with a lap child this week on United. I have already added the infant to my reservation, but I’m not sure how the boarding pass situation works. Is it possible to check in on the app like I normally do? Or will I have to go to a counter at the airport?

Also, will the baby have her own boarding pass, or will I only have one boarding pass (my boarding pass) and some sort of flag that says I am traveling with a baby?
Old Mar 20, 2021, 8:36 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Our youngest is 5 now, so it’s been 3 years...but then:

Own boarding pass, in place of the seat number, they said “INF”. No problems checking in online, and can even use PreCheck if you have it and your child doesn’t.
Traveler56789 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Our youngest is 5 now, so it’s been 3 years...but then:

Own boarding pass, in place of the seat number, they said “INF”. No problems checking in online, and can even use PreCheck if you have it and your child doesn’t.
my last trip with a lap infant was Dec. ‘19. Same experience here. One note I would add is trip with an infant will allow online/app check in, but will not allow mobile BPs. They will only allow paper BPs at the airport - can be done with an agent or at a kiosk, but not mobile. Again, unless things have changed.

this is light years better than DL though, which disclaimer, was probably 4 and a half years ago now with my older daughter. Maybe it’s changed now, but at the time, no online check in and no kiosk check in allowed for DL with lap infant - you had to check in with an agent. Which might be ok had they not designed outstation check in areas as if everyone has or could check in online or with a kiosk. They only had two agents for non-elites, at least where I was departing, YYZ. Despite arriving 45+ minutes prior to check in cutoff, and only third or fourth in line (IIRC), we barely made check in on time. They also don’t (or didnt, at least) issue a separate BP for infant (sort of OT, but that was a fun argument with CATSA!).
Old Mar 21, 2021, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Thank you both!
MBS MillionMiler likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.