Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect?

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect?

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 3, 21, 6:33 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 3, 22, 10:37 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bluedemon211 View Post
I've found my Subway Spicy Italian footlong, a double vodka rocks followed by the "Do not Disturb" button worked perfectly on my last 6 or 7 HNL/KOA- DEN/ORD flights. Worth a try?
Fortunately ORD is infrequent. My go to food back to HNL via SFO is a Klein's North Beach Sandwich - knocking back some Bacardi's. I dread connections via LAX as sandwich options are underwhelming. I'm almost exclusively red-eye to SFO or LAX so food is not an issue/eat at home.
kirkwoodj and mdtakamine like this.
Old Jun 3, 22, 12:30 pm

Programs: United 1k, Hawaiian Premier
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
Fortunately ORD is infrequent. My go to food back to HNL via SFO is a Klein's North Beach Sandwich - knocking back some Bacardi's. I dread connections via LAX as sandwich options are underwhelming. I'm almost exclusively red-eye to SFO or LAX so food is not an issue/eat at home.
Ditto on the Klein's! The only UA domestic meal I'd possibly trade it for is their chicken katsu!
Old Jun 3, 22, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by mdtakamine View Post
Ditto on the Klein's! The only UA domestic meal I'd possibly trade it for is their chicken katsu!
i love the bun me bahn mi for a carryout sandwich. Kleins is great - I used to eat at their deli in the Potrero :-)
Old Jun 4, 22, 1:20 am

Programs: UA GS
On OGG-DEN right now. The chicken Katsu took a further turn to the worse. 3 tiny breaded compressed chicken meat nuggets. No more breast slices.
The side salad was a cold rice salad. What a match to the white rice that comes with the chicken.
Mixed nuts in a pack not warmed in a ramekin. A plastic packed sweet roll.
desert was a tiny peace of macadamia chocolate.

Kirby makes Smisek look like he liked customers.
PACLipper, artvandalay and cczzll like this.
Old Jun 6, 22, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by PACLipper View Post
The chicken katsu is horrible.
Like there are theists and there are atheists, there seem to have two worldviews on the chicken katsu, either good or horrible. For me, it is truly horrible, but I believe some people find it taste good. Actually, it was a chicken katsu last year that prompted me to start bringing sandwiches to the HNL flights, because I told myself I will not suffer another such experience when I am hungry. Sometimes I just pack some bread and steal a cup noodle from the UC. I think UC food is now much better than Hawaii F-cabin meals.
PACLipper likes this.
Old Jun 20, 22, 10:06 pm

Booked FC using miles RDM-SFO-HNL-LIH in November (flt. 1175 SFO-HNL), currently on the 77W. I guess I should grab a sandwich at Klein's at SFO based on the reviews for the inflight meal choices. Any recommendations on which seats? Currently in row 5DG for me and Misses. Thanks.
Old Jun 20, 22, 10:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by toadman View Post
Booked FC using miles RDM-SFO-HNL-LIH in November (flt. 1175 SFO-HNL), currently on the 77W. .... Any recommendations on which seats? Currently in row 5DG for me and Misses. Thanks.
Would not count on the 77W actually being used but in case
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 777-300ER
Old Jun 20, 22, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by toadman View Post
Booked FC using miles RDM-SFO-HNL-LIH in November (flt. 1175 SFO-HNL), currently on the 77W. I guess I should grab a sandwich at Klein's at SFO based on the reviews for the inflight meal choices. Any recommendations on which seats? Currently in row 5DG for me and Misses. Thanks.
There's 5 months between now and then - the meals could improve. Don't count on the aircraft type to remain the same - might want to keep watch on reservation to avoid being the middle two seats of the middle 4 seats on a 777HD
MatthewLAX and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jun 21, 22, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
There's 5 months between now and then - the meals could improve. Don't count on the aircraft type to remain the same - might want to keep watch on reservation to avoid being the middle two seats of the middle 4 seats on a 777HD
Thanks for the tip!. And, yes, that is my concern too with an a/c swap out.

Search this Thread