Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Originally Posted by phkc070408
You're entitled to:
1. Premier Access Checkin at the airport - Dedicated Lanes
2. There are dedicated security lanes for premium cabin customers - They are probably labeled "Premier Access," but don't hold me to that.
For both of those, get dropped off in the first five or six doors of Terminal 3. Depending on the time of day there may be curbside checkin. The Premier Access Security lanes are just inside where the curbside checkin is, and 150 feet or so to the left.

HNL flights will almost always leave from the high numbered F gates. To get there go a little left after premier access and then right and down a long hall with a moving walkway. There's a food court at the end of the hall (your gate will be off to the left, most likely) that has a variety of good options. If it's just a sip of wine you're after, Vino Volo is halfway down that high F concourse on the left with lots of very nice wine options.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by phkc070408
You're entitled to:

1. Premier Access Checkin at the airport - Dedicated Lanes
2. There are dedicated security lanes for premium cabin customers - They are probably labeled "Premier Access," but don't hold me to that.
3. You'll board in Group 1, which comes after pre-boarding. Pre-boarding is for the disabled, military personal in uniform, families with small children, and customers with high levels of elite status. mainly "Global Services" and "1K"
Note that unlike most international carriers, lounge access does not come with a domestic first class ticket on United.
Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2024, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
Wow, I’ve been flying from SFO on United in first and never knew there was a priority security lane. Only TSA Pre, Clear and the GS entry. Is this something new?
Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by ERtraveler
Wow, I’ve been flying from SFO on United in first and never knew there was a priority security lane. Only TSA Pre, Clear and the GS entry. Is this something new?
Most airports have it. It's mainly for non-Pre flyers who have a premium ticket.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
I see it in Europe all the time or at International gates in the US. Just surprised about domestic since TSA Pre.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ERtraveler
I see it in Europe all the time or at International gates in the US. Just surprised about domestic since TSA Pre.
Honolulu used to have a Gold Lane for people who were flying First Class but I haven't seen it since the start of the pandemic. Today, I'm just happy that Pre-Check isn't all the way at the end of the airport with the normal check-ins.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
...I'm just happy that Pre-Check isn't all the way at the end of the airport with the normal check-ins.
TSA-Pre area closest to United counters does close at 9pm, leaving later travelers to hike down to the general security area, where they do have a Pre line. Kind of annoying for some people who want to visit the UC as one has to walk all the way down to the combined area, hike back to the UC post-security and hike back to D1/D2 where the late SFO flight departs from. Such affected passengers might convince themselves they deserve a double-serving of Dole Whip to compensate for the walk.
frank808 likes this.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Mar 23, 2024 at 9:48 pm
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by The Man in Seat 9A
For both of those, get dropped off in the first five or six doors of Terminal 3. Depending on the time of day there may be curbside checkin. The Premier Access Security lanes are just inside where the curbside checkin is, and 150 feet or so to the left.

HNL flights will almost always leave from the high numbered F gates. To get there go a little left after premier access and then right and down a long hall with a moving walkway. There's a food court at the end of the hall (your gate will be off to the left, most likely) that has a variety of good options. If it's just a sip of wine you're after, Vino Volo is halfway down that high F concourse on the left with lots of very nice wine options.
I don't know if this was an exception, but this morning's flight 1175 departed from the SFO international terminal?

Edited to add: I'm not the lucky one flying first to HNL today, it's my older son.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by CaliforniaMom
I don't know if this was an exception, but this morning's flight 1175 departed from the SFO international terminal?

Edited to add: I'm not the lucky one flying first to HNL today, it's my older son.
Based on past data, UA1175 usually departs out of G, but may sometimes use F too.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 6:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
To anyone who has flown DEN-HNL up front, is catering any different (better) from the standard domestic stuff? It looks like my upgrade will clear on saturday, so I'm curious what to expect
Old Apr 11, 2024, 6:37 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by itripreport
To anyone who has flown DEN-HNL up front, is catering any different (better) from the standard domestic stuff? It looks like my upgrade will clear on saturday, so I'm curious what to expect
Read through this thread. There will be 2 meals, and you can pre-select the first one if you're upgraded in time. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.