Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New UA Bus Service from DEN to Fort Collins and Breckenridge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2021, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
A new way to connect to Breckenridge and Fort Collins
From Airline to Landline: United Offers Seamless Travel from Denver International Airport to Breckenridge and Fort Collins
New luxury bus collaboration allows customers to fly into DEN, have their bags and ski equipment automatically transferred and be driven to Breckenridge and Fort Collins
DENVER, Feb. 26, 2021
-- United announced today that it is making it easier for customers to travel to Breckenridge and Fort Collins, Colorado with convenient year-round ground transportation service connecting through its Denver hub. This is the first time Breckenridge has ever been served by an airline and will be Fort Collins' first global network carrier service in 25 years.

Beginning March 11, United will start daily service to Breckenridge (QKB) and on April 1, will start four-times daily service to Fort Collins (FNL). The airline is teaming up with Landline – a premium ground transportation company – to offer connecting service to these popular destinations through Denver International Airport (DEN). Customers can book their travel on united.com starting today, selecting Breckenridge or Fort Collins as their destination.

"United's new service from Denver to Breckenridge and Fort Collins is just one example of how we are identifying opportunities to innovate our route network to get people where they want to go with ease and convenience," said Ankit Gupta, United's vice president of Domestic Network Planning and Scheduling. "Our customers tell us that national parks and ski destinations are important to them and we are proud to partner with Landline to offer a unique, seamless way to help them get there."

"With this new service, customers can start their day anywhere in United's global network and arrive slope side in Breckenridge minutes from the main gondola," said Landline's co-founder & CEO David Sunde. "At the same time, in Fort Collins we are creating global connectivity for the first time in 25 years. These new routes exemplify our mission to redefine the airport by making it mobile and multimodal. We could not be more thrilled to have United's commitment to innovation and passion for customer service backing this new endeavor."

Added Landline co-founder & President Ben Munson, "We have worked closely with the United team to create a stress-free connecting experience in Denver. Customers will love our spacious leather seating, onboard streaming entertainment and free Wi-Fi."

Customers connecting to Breckenridge or Fort Collins at Denver will transfer to the Landline service from an assigned gate in Concourse A, remaining within the secure airside area of the terminal. Checked-in baggage will be transferred directly from the plane to the bus. Customers originating in Breckenridge or Fort Collins will be required to pass through security on transit in DEN.

Click here for b-roll highlighting customer experience

Keeping customer wellbeing at the forefront, United and Landline will be implementing a wide variety of cleaning and safety measures as part of the new service, all of which have been reviewed by the Cleveland Clinic. These measures include:
• Back-to-front boarding;
• Reducing seat capacity on Landline's service to enable social distancing onboard;
• Requiring mandatory use of masks onboard for customers aged two and over;
• Electrostatically spraying ahead of each departure and sanitizing high touch areas;
• Implementing a UV disinfection air filtration system launched by OEM (Prevost) on all vehicles;
• Providing United CleanPlusSM sanitizing wipes to each customer; and
• Requiring customers to complete a 'Ready to Fly' checklist at check-in, acknowledging they don't have symptoms for COVID-19 and agreeing to follow our policies.

In addition, United MileagePlus ® members will be able to accrue Premier qualifying points (PQP) and redeemable miles on services to both destinations.

Denver remains one of United's fastest growing hubs with daily departures around 80% of 2019 levels – the highest among United hubs. United currently serves more than 160 destinations from Denver and operates more than 360 flights per day – the most comprehensive route network of any carrier in Denver – and offers more flights to more Colorado destinations than any other airline.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2021, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott

United is partnering with a bus company to offer branded coach connections to/from DEN and downtown Breckenridge or Fort Collins airport (FNL).

Bus departures from DEN will be airside from A78 with baggage transfer, assigned seats and PQP-earning. The bus journey will be a segment in the PNR and cannot be purchased separately. Service to DEN will drop off landside for normal security and baggage check.

https://www.united.com/en-us/landline

Interesting concept and familiar to many of us, who have either used the ABE bus or United Groundlink in past lives...

Breck (QKB) starts 3/11 and FNL 4/1, and United claims it’s bookable now, but I can’t get the app or website to recognize my QKB entry.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
It doesn't recognize Fort Collins or FNL either.

-RM
Old Feb 26, 2021, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
https://www.united.com/en-us/landline

We’ll board back to front

Old Feb 26, 2021, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Looks like QKB and FNL are now active city codes for United's various applications, but only Breckenridge is currently bookable. Schedule appears to be one bus "flight" a day to start: 11:15am - 2:00pm DEN-QKB; 2:25pm - 4:55pm QKB-DEN. Most economy fares (including X) are loaded, with normal connect times on the DEN-QKB leg, and about 60-90 (scheduled) minutes for connections at DEN on the return from QKB.

Reportedly, boarding passes will be issued and bags will be checked at QKB, handled through to United at DEN, and the release says they are "working on" remote security screening, but that possibility seems more remote.

It's certainly something I would try.
SPN Lifer and writerguyfl like this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
I'm not surprised that they are starting once a day, but that can be self-defeating. It looks like the QKB-DEN is aimed at the late bank of flights from DEN, which can be problematic for eastbound flights (not everyone wants to get home from vacation at midnight). I could see a morning QKB-DEN being added as the first expansion. Given traffic on I-70 on Friday and Sunday afternoons, it will be interesting to see if they have issues with this in the first couple weeks. The demand will likely take a nosedive starting in mid-April due to mud season.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
This is pretty useful! I used to fly FNL-DEN early in my consulting days (1994-1996). They discontinued the flights for various reasons. It sure was nice to be able to park right outside the terminal for free, then for $2/day later on.

Looks like they have multiple buses per day in each direction.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Lori_Q
This is pretty useful! I used to fly FNL-DEN early in my consulting days (1994-1996). They discontinued the flights for various reasons. It sure was nice to be able to park right outside the terminal for free, then for $2/day later on.

Looks like they have multiple buses per day in each direction.
I see Fort Collins working well as that’s a relatively reliable drive via I25 and E470.

No so sure about Breck though...
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:57 am
st3

Programs: United MP
Seems like a smart and shrewd move. There are a bunch of companies that serve the front range skiers in busses but having it integrated with the airline for IRROPS and ticketing is a good move. While being able to go from the bus bypassing baggage claim is a boon, being able to pre-clear security will be the game changer.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by st3
being able to pre-clear security will be the game changer.
Not sure if regulations allow that. You do not get to pre-clear security at ABE.

SAP
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by st3
Seems like a smart and shrewd move. There are a bunch of companies that serve the front range skiers in busses but having it integrated with the airline for IRROPS and ticketing is a good move. While being able to go from the bus bypassing baggage claim is a boon, being able to pre-clear security will be the game changer.
Originally Posted by SAPriorityTag
Not sure if regulations allow that. You do not get to pre-clear security at ABE.

SAP
Nope. Outstation-to-DEN you'll be dropped curbside for normal (DEN) security clearance and baggage checking.

You’ll check in for your shuttle and your flight at the same time, and we’ll load your bags on board for you. We’ll board back to front and give you a sanitizing wipe. When you arrive in Denver, we’ll unload your bags so you can check them, go through security and hop on your flight to your final destination.

Seats are automatically assigned after you check in, but if you’d like to change your seat, you can speak with a customer service representative and they’ll try to help you out.

I know what they meant, but am I the only one interpreting "try to help you out" as a CSR shrugging with a "I dunnaknow bout this bus thing. I work with planes"
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:57 pm
st3

Programs: United MP
RE: The pre-screening, it is not an advertised benefit but it sounds like they are working on it: https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...ection-denver/

Landline is working on adding remote security screening at its outstations so that you can arrive in Denver already pre-screened and ready to make your connecting flight.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by EWR764
Looks like QKB and FNL are now active city codes for United's various applications, but only Breckenridge is currently bookable. Schedule appears to be one bus "flight" a day to start: 11:15am - 2:00pm DEN-QKB; 2:25pm - 4:55pm QKB-DEN. Most economy fares (including X) are loaded, with normal connect times on the DEN-QKB leg, and about 60-90 (scheduled) minutes for connections at DEN on the return from QKB.

Reportedly, boarding passes will be issued and bags will be checked at QKB, handled through to United at DEN, and the release says they are "working on" remote security screening, but that possibility seems more remote.

It's certainly something I would try.
It's interesting that the trip TO DEN at rush hour is scheduled to be fifteen minutes faster.

People might not like the advanced screening if PreCheck, CLEAR, and elite lines aren't offered.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I'm curious about airfares to DEN vs to FNL with the bus. I would be very interested in FNL for 2H '21, if fares and car rental rates are reasonable.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
SO where in Breck does it drop you off? It says downtown, but well, where exactly lol.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 2:43 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
And then there is the question about if you can skip the first leg and just get on your flight in Denver?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.