UA Announces BOS-LHR

Old Feb 19, 21, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak S+; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
UA Announces BOS-LHR

News Release Issued: February 19, 2021 (8:00am EST)

To view this release online and get more information about United Airlines visit: https://hub.united.com/newsroom/?prid=125141

United Announces Plans to Begin New Daily Nonstop Service Between Boston Logan and London Heathrow

United will be the only U.S. carrier to offer nonstop service between the nation's top seven business markets and London Heathrow

CHICAGO, Feb. 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced plans to expand its global route network with new, nonstop service between Boston Logan International Airport and London Heathrow. This new service builds upon United's growing presence in London and provides customers on the East Coast with another convenient option to get to London. United plans to operate its premium Boeing 767-300ER aircraft on the route, with 46 United Polaris Business Class and 22 United Premium Plus seats. The aircraft features the highest proportion of premium seats on any widebody aircraft operated by a U.S. carrier between London and the United States.

"We are thrilled to offer travelers a convenient, non-stop option between Boston and London with this addition to our global network," said Patrick Quayle, United's vice president of International Network and Alliances. "We will continue to monitor the demand recovery and travel restrictions as we finalize a start date for this service later in 2021."

Tickets will be available for purchase on united.com and the United app in the coming weeks.

United has provided service to London Heathrow for nearly 30 years and over the course of the pandemic has maintained continuous service between the U.S. and London. Looking ahead, Boston will be United's 19th daily flight between the United States and London Heathrow.
Boston – London Schedule

Boston London 10:00 p.m. 9:35 a.m.+1 Daily 767-300ER

London Boston 5:00 p.m. 7:30 p.m. Daily 767-300ER

Schedule subject to change

United's Polaris product is a premium travel experience that prioritizes relaxation and comfort with features that include everything from custom, luxury bedding from Saks Fifth Avenue and restaurant-quality, multi-course inflight dining to premium amenity kits and full flat-bed seats with direct aisle access. Along with its 46 Polaris Business Class seats, the aircraft also features 22 United Premium Plus seats, 43 United Economy Plus seats and 56 United Economy seats.

Committed to Ensuring a Safe Journey

United is committed to putting health and safety at the forefront of every customer's journey, with the goal of delivering an industry-leading standard of cleanliness through its United CleanPlus program. United has teamed up with Clorox and Cleveland Clinic to redefine cleaning and health safety procedures from check-in to landing and has implemented more than a dozen new policies, protocols and innovations designed with the safety of customers and employees in mind.

About United

United's shared purpose is "Connecting People. Uniting the World." For more information, visit united.com, follow @UNITED on Twitter and Instagram or connect on Facebook. The common stock of UAL is traded on the Nasdaq under the symbol "UAL".

SOURCE United Airlines
SPN Lifer, uanj, meducate and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 19, 21, 6:41 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Wow. But technically this is a resumption after a lengthy hiatus....
Old Feb 19, 21, 7:06 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Love this!
Old Feb 19, 21, 7:13 am

Programs: UA *S, DL S, AS MVP, Bonvoy S
I assume United is targeting O&D traffic here? 7:30pm arrival in BOS sounds rough for connecting passengers. I guess there aren't that many UA connecting options in BOS anyways and, even if they exist, they go to UA hubs already with London service.

Good strengthening of *A presence though, would probably provide a good option in addition to LH and LX across the pond (i.e. for those who don't want to fly to Central Europe just to get to the UK.)
Old Feb 19, 21, 7:17 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Maybe now UA will reestablish a few flights in/out of BOS from the West Coast...

David
Old Feb 19, 21, 7:28 am

Programs: UA Global Services 2.8MM, AAdvantage, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Wow. Didn't see this coming.
Old Feb 19, 21, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak S+; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Another option to get from BOS to SE Asia (BKK, SIN...) via *A over the Atlantic!
Old Feb 19, 21, 7:57 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Take that Jetblue!
Old Feb 19, 21, 8:01 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Mileage Plus Silver, United Club, AA Gold, HyattGold, Enterprise Silver
I expected this as a 752 rather than the 763, but good to see this back.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Feb 19, 21, 8:05 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by CALMSP View Post
Direct shot at JetBlue (LGW), so UA wants its most up-to-date cabin product, to compete with new Mint. I also believe all LHR flights are due to have PE.
Old Feb 19, 21, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by CALMSP View Post
Perhaps this signals UA will stick with 789 service for ORD-LHR instead of bringing back the 763 for that route
22H likes this.
Old Feb 19, 21, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Mileage Plus Silver, United Club, AA Gold, HyattGold, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by JimInOhio View Post
Perhaps this signals UA will stick with 789 service for ORD-LHR instead of bringing back the 763 for that route
I loved flying the 763, for those times I wasn't able to fly J, the 2 seats are a savior!
lhrsfo likes this.
Old Feb 19, 21, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K(until 2022), MM *G for life, Hertz PC, BAEC Silver
Not quite clear if this is an extra LHR slot, or whether it's a re-purposed one.
Old Feb 19, 21, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by EWR764 View Post
Direct shot at JetBlue (LGW), so UA wants its most up-to-date cabin product, to compete with new Mint. I also believe all LHR flights are due to have PE.
fully get that, but the idea of just throwing more money away I don't get. The filling of a 46J product vs. a 16-18 for B6 (have they even announced seating config yet?) is going to be a massive challenge for any LHR flight this year and into next. I mean, you can look at next weeks EWR-LHR and fit the entire booking into the 46J and still have seats left over.

The product of the 752 and draw for a *flight BOS-LHR will out do a B6 flight to LGW for the UA FF's in BOS. I hope this flight comes to fruition, but I don't see this happening in 2021.
Old Feb 19, 21, 8:53 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lhrsfo View Post
Not quite clear if this is an extra LHR slot, or whether it's a re-purposed one.
Sounds like additional - the press release says 19th daily flight. IIRC, pre-pandemic was the following -

6x EWR
3x IAD/ORD
2x IAH/SFO
1x DEN/LAX

Which equals 18, plus BOS to get 19

Search this Thread
Search Engine: