Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 16, 2021, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by UA Insider
The United Quest Card will continue to receive the same benefit as the United Platinum Class Visa Card. You will continue to earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a Calendar Year.

Print Wikipost

United Quest Card (was Platinum Visa)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by FlyingFreeYupie
It's now available as a new card. Great offer.
Just looked around chase.com as well as UA but still haven't seen any pages that allow folks to sign up - where was this offer posted?

David
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:52 pm

You lose 2 UA lounge passes per year and $151 from your wallet ($99 vs $250 annual fee). On the other hand, you earn 3x more UA miles on flights, 2 bags instead of 1 and a 5K miles benefit when you make a booking using miles (up to 2x year). But if you actually travel with UA, you can expect a $125 credit on UA flights, making the annual fee $125.
And both cards include both the expanded XN award inventory and the ability to bring a carry-on with basic economy fares, right? I didn't see any reference to that on the Quest page on Chase's site (but then again, I didn't see it on the Explorer card's page, either).
Old Apr 6, 2021, 2:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DCAview
And both cards include both the expanded XN award inventory and the ability to bring a carry-on with basic economy fares, right? ...
Yes
Old Apr 6, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
This is a card I rarely use - just a small recurring charge to keep the card open, it is by far the oldest card in my wallet (20+ years). I usually use CSR almost exclusively.

If I read this right - I can immediately use the card for a UA trip and get the $125 credit? I then get another $125 credit when the next annual fee hits?

Regarding award travel, I don't get the miles rebate until I book an award trip after my next annual fee hits? Correct?
Old Apr 6, 2021, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
It's now available as a new card. Great offer.
The SUB doesn't look very appealing. No big deal as I'm over 5/24 at the moment. I wonder if there will be a business version of this card?

Originally Posted by Jprod
If United does not open more lounges soon and offer more food choices, I may product change to this card from the Infinite. The new quest card in my opinion devalues the infinite card significantly unless they make changes to that card as well (which I doubt )
United lounges are so crappy these days. It's like covid is an excuse to serve Walmart's frozen section at United lounges (if they are even open).
I didn't think UA lounges were that good pre-COVID. Some reviews said the HKG lounge was good, but I was so underwhelmed when I was there. Centurion Lounge was like a million times better.

As for the Infinite card, I agree, I don't think it's worth the money. I feel like Chase and UA need to do more to boost the value of that card. I would just go for the SUB and cancel after a year.

I PCed to the Quest card. I was told I still had 1 billing cycle to reverse my decision.

The card has so many great benefits that I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't made available as a new account.

Question: would the 2x bag benefit apply on an award ticket? And can you be upgraded on an award ticket ONLY if you got at least premier status with United or all Quest card members can? And by upgraded, are we talking about premier economy or business class?
Which benefit does an old member get vs new?

Originally Posted by jsloan
United hates that Chase has developed the Sapphire Reserve, as they see it as competing with the United-branded offerings. I don't think Chase has that much leverage here: there are more banks than there are airlines.
I still feel the CSR is better for UA purchases than the Chase UA Infinite card. Since Chase raised the CSR's AF last year, I wished they would further enhance the card such as seen rate. I would love to get 4x on all travel spend.

Originally Posted by DCA2BER
Hi. Finally joining this forum after years of lurking.

I have been using the Chase United Platinum Visa for nearly 15 years I would say. I kept it because of the 2 miles/$1 spent on all purchases.

I have no choice but to let them migrate me to the Quest card, right?

If mileage accrual based on "every day" spending is my goal, what about other cards like the Infinite Card, Club Card, Gateway Card, Select Card?
Really?

Last edited by lsquare; Apr 7, 2021 at 1:10 pm
Old Apr 7, 2021, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
If I read this right - I can immediately use the card for a UA trip and get the $125 credit? I then get another $125 credit when the next annual fee hits?
Regarding award travel, I don't get the miles rebate until I book an award trip after my next annual fee hits? Correct?
Yes and Yes from my speaking with a Rep.
The $125 credit is supposed to hit immediately (and thus you do not earn UA miles on that part of your purchase)
The two 5k Award rebates are issued at the end of first year as cardholder and applicable to next 2 award tickets. Rebates are good for 12 months from date of issue.
HNLbasedFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shdflyer
Yes and Yes from my speaking with a Rep.
The $125 credit is supposed to hit immediately (and thus you do not earn UA miles on that part of your purchase)
The two 5k Award rebates are issued at the end of first year as cardholder and applicable to next 2 award tickets. Rebates are good for 12 months from date of issue.
I thought UA miles don't expire? Sucks that there is an export date for the 5k awards. 24 months would be a better compromise.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
I thought UA miles don't expire? Sucks that there is an export date for the 5k awards. 24 months would be a better compromise.
UA miles don't expire. The Quest card provides two 5,000 rebates for your first two award flights each year, starting with your first anniversary. It's obviously intended to get people to use their miles frequently.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsloan
UA miles don't expire. The Quest card provides two 5,000 rebates for your first two award flights each year, starting with your first anniversary. It's obviously intended to get people to use their miles frequently.
We're still in the middle of a pandemic so the expiry date does seem a bit unfair.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Just looked around chase.com as well as UA but still haven't seen any pages that allow folks to sign up - where was this offer posted?

David
I can't find it either. The Chase site shows it now but says to call if you want to switch to the card.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
We're still in the middle of a pandemic so the expiry date does seem a bit unfair.
The earliest possible expiration is still about year away, and that's only for existing Platinum Class cardholders with anniversary dates between March 21 and today. And for those cardholders, it's a replacement for the companion travel certificate that, as I recall, expired on the same schedule (I'm not a cardholder myself). New members wouldn't even be eligible for their first 5K refund until April 2022.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atword
I can't find it either. The Chase site shows it now but says to call if you want to switch to the card.
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...d/earn-rewards
Here is the link. No AF and SUB information. This seems like a very good mid-tier card. Sure makes it very difficult to justify the AF for the UA Infinite card. I really wish Chase would come out with a business variant.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Just called and had my explorer card upgraded
Old Apr 8, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by slickvik
Just called and had my explorer card upgraded
Why upgrade over applying for a new card and getting a 100K bonus?
Old Apr 8, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
It showed up in the United app this morning, and the application appears to be live. Looks like the signup bonus is actually 100,000 points (80,000 miles after $5,000 in the first 3 months plus 20,000 miles after $10,000 total in the first 6 months).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.