Old Feb 16, 2021, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by UA Insider
The United Quest Card will continue to receive the same benefit as the United Platinum Class Visa Card. You will continue to earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a Calendar Year.

Print Wikipost

United Quest Card (was Platinum Visa)

Old Mar 29, 2021, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Jprod
If United does not open more lounges soon and offer more food choices, I may producr change to this card from the Infinite. The new quest card in my opinion devalues the infinite card significantly unless they make changes to that card as well (which I doubt )
United lounges are so crappy these days. It's like covid is an excuse to serve Walmart's frozen section at United lounges (if they are even open).
Jprod likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by thetoad
it's not available as a new card (yet).
It will be very soon...
Old Mar 31, 2021, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
It will be very soon...
I am on the phone with United right now as my new booking with the Quest card is still recognized as an Explorer card (only one bag included). On the first call with United, I was transferred to Chase and simply told to file a refund request for the 2nd bag on united.com/refunds - still, it should be United's obligation to get this updated and I am currently on hold for a second time while a supervisor figures this out :/

While the agent was reading about the card (I assume it was on their internal database) he mentioned the Platinum visa conversion part and stated that new applications for the card will not be accepted. Take this info as a grain of salt, but it does sound like it will not be available to new applications with a welcome bonus along with it.

Last edited by FlyingFreeYupie; Mar 31, 2021 at 5:26 pm
Old Mar 31, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by FlyingFreeYupie
I am on the phone with United right now as my new booking with the Quest card is still recognized as an Explorer card (only one bag included). On the first call with United, I was transferred to Chase and simply told to file a refund request on united.com/refunds - still, it should be United's obligation to get this updated and I am currently on hold for a second time while a supervisor figures this out :/

While the agent was reading about the card (I assume it was on their internal database) he mentioned the Platinum visa conversion part and stated that new applications for the card will not be accepted. Take this info as a grain of salt, but it does sound like it will not be available to new applications and a bonus along with it.
Did the $125 credit post?
Old Mar 31, 2021, 2:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I am on the phone with United right now as my new booking with the Quest card is still recognized as an Explorer card (only one bag included). ...
If the flight is not in the next 1 or 2 days. (it is not unusual for it to take sometime for the card info to peculate thru the UA system -- in once place UA suggest 2 weeks).
I would let this ride for now. It will eventually get worked out -- all that matters in the situation on the day of travel and what it show today does not matter. There is next to nothing the phone people can do (perhaps place a note in the PNR). The baggage info is sometimes wrong on the receipt but what happens at check-in is all that matters,
Old Mar 31, 2021, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Did the $125 credit post?
Reservation was made recently, not yet.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 2:22 pm

It will be very soon...
hopefully you're right. parents (or at least one if they wont let the american one in) are going to fly to Israel for a bar mitzva before shavuot and getting them 2 bags for each flight each would be a big help to their children. And they would rather fly an american flagged carrier or el al than turkish (I've tried to convince them that turkish is great, they are somewhat stuck in their ways). so this is seems to be the best way to get 2 bags for Israel bound flights (unless you have other advice, perhaps a post you can write).
Old Mar 31, 2021, 7:51 pm

hopefully you're right. parents (or at least one if they wont let the american one in) are going to fly to Israel for a bar mitzva before shavuot and getting them 2 bags for each flight each would be a big help to their children. And they would rather fly an american flagged carrier or el al than turkish (I've tried to convince them that turkish is great, they are somewhat stuck in their ways). so this is seems to be the best way to get 2 bags for Israel bound flights (unless you have other advice, perhaps a post you can write).
I believe this card is the best way to get 2x bags with United operated flights. Unless you got Star Alliance gold status and then you get the 2nd bag as well. Interesting how this card devalues airline status. Still, realistically, how much does it cost an airline to let someone check a bag or 2 for free on a flight they operate?

On Turkish, I believe 2x bags is the standard for a reservation.

From what I gathered from United directly, this card won't be open to new applications though.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If the flight is not in the next 1 or 2 days. (it is not unusual for it to take sometime for the card info to peculate thru the UA system -- in once place UA suggest 2 weeks).
I would let this ride for now. It will eventually get worked out -- all that matters in the situation on the day of travel and what it show today does not matter. There is next to nothing the phone people can do (perhaps place a note in the PNR). The baggage info is sometimes wrong on the receipt but what happens at check-in is all that matters,
Yeah I think you're right. United is working on it and I was just advised to bring the card benefit info and the card itself when checking-in.

United allowed me to change the payment method to the Quest card on 2 reservations and just refunded the original booking. That was extremely nice of them.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 31, 2021 at 8:19 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
While the agent was reading about the card (I assume it was on their internal database) he mentioned the Platinum visa conversion part and stated that new applications for the card will not be accepted. Take this info as a grain of salt, but it does sound like it will not be available to new applications with a welcome bonus along with it.
DROPR (Don't rely on phone reps).
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:17 pm

DROPR (Don't rely on phone reps).
In this case I think I do. It's weird that it is available as a product change first. This card starts to look like a retention offer for Platinum Visa customers, who can't justify paying a large annual fee when travel is restricted, but don't mind paying $125/year for valuable benefits (while losing some) and still keep the card.

Chase Explorer card is still United's flagship and the benefits meet the needs of most travelers anyways.

My guess is that the Quest card won't be around for long (available for PCs for like 2 years and discontinued for good within 3.5 years).

I may be wrong or I may be right
Old Mar 31, 2021, 9:30 pm

This should be an excellent card for that, though Shavuot in Israel is no sure thing for foreign nationals

Signup bonus should be lucrative too and I'll certainly cover it
Old Apr 4, 2021, 2:13 am

$125 credit has now posted and all is fixed.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Premier Platinum, Hertz PC
Has anyone found a good comparison chart for the Quest vs. Explorer cards? I have both and have been considering merging the Explorer into my Quest card - just can't figure out what I would be losing in benefits - if anything.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by villi
Has anyone found a good comparison chart for the Quest vs. Explorer cards? I have both and have been considering merging the Explorer into my Quest card - just can't figure out what I would be losing in benefits - if anything.
You lose 2 UA lounge passes per year and $151 from your wallet ($99 vs $250 annual fee). On the other hand, you earn 3x more UA miles on flights, 2 bags instead of 1 and a 5K miles benefit when you make a booking using miles (up to 2x year). But if you actually travel with UA, you can expect a $125 credit on UA flights, making the annual fee $125.
SPN Lifer and shdflyer like this.

Last edited by FlyingFreeYupie; Apr 6, 2021 at 1:42 am
Old Apr 6, 2021, 5:56 am

It's now available as a new card. Great offer.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.