Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 16, 2021, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by UA Insider
The United Quest Card will continue to receive the same benefit as the United Platinum Class Visa Card. You will continue to earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a Calendar Year.

Print Wikipost

United Quest Card (was Platinum Visa)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2021, 6:32 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by thetoad
Not a frequent flier, but fly enough and bring things to family members overseas that 2 free bags per person is a big benefit, that would otherwise only be available on a $500+ card. Hence my interest.
Again, why PC instead of applying for it as a new card with a signup bonus?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 7:47 am

Any chance there will be a business version of this card?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by atword
Any chance there will be a business version of this card?
No current plans for one.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Maybe answered already, my app reflects the new card and look, but will they send out new physical cards?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:51 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Maybe answered already, my app reflects the new card and look, but will they send out new physical cards?
In previous cases Chase has, but it took a month or two.
SPN Lifer, COSPILOT and cuthroat like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I believe the letter said they won't be sending new cards.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 8:08 am

Programs: MileagePlus
Apply for Explorer Card now or wait for Quest Card

Quest card is not available for new customers yet. I am confused between waiting for a Quest card or Applying for Explorer Card now?
Old Mar 27, 2021, 8:23 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by FlierTalk
Quest card is not available for new customers yet. I am confused between waiting for a Quest card or Applying for Explorer Card now?
As long as your'e below 5/24 you could do both...
Old Mar 27, 2021, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlierTalk
If the Quest card is appealing to you, I'd suggest waiting at least until we see what the promotional offer for new customers is. Even if Chase makes an offer to existing United-branded cardholders to upgrade, there's no guarantee that it will be as good as the offer made to new customers.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 2:41 pm

I would be happy if Chase leveraged their United partnership to offer 2x bags on United flights on their top tier travel CCs like the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingFreeYupie
I would be happy if Chase leveraged their United partnership to offer 2x bags on United flights on their top tier travel CCs like the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
United hates that Chase has developed the Sapphire Reserve, as they see it as competing with the United-branded offerings. I don't think Chase has that much leverage here: there are more banks than there are airlines.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 11:33 pm

I PCed to the Quest card. I was told I still had 1 billing cycle to reverse my decision.

The card has so many great benefits that I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't made available as a new account.

Question: would the 2x bag benefit apply on an award ticket? And can you be upgraded on an award ticket ONLY if you got at least premier status with United or all Quest card members can? And by upgraded, are we talking about premier economy or business class?
Old Mar 28, 2021, 11:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
would the 2x bag benefit apply on an award ticket? ...
Yes
And can you be upgraded on an award ticket ONLY if you got at least premier status with United or all Quest card members can? ...
The benefit is limited to the primary elite cardholder and no companions and status of Silver or higher is required. And you will need to be on a single person PNR to be eligible.
And by upgraded, are we talking about premier economy or business class?
from economy to First (just CPU routes), just like CPU -- essentially the primarily cardholder on an award ticket is eligible for CPU.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 28, 2021 at 11:56 pm Reason: link
Old Mar 29, 2021, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Or better yet, apply for it as a new card and take advantage of a lucrative intro bonus.
it's not available as a new card (yet).
Old Mar 29, 2021, 4:56 pm

If United does not open more lounges soon and offer more food choices, I may product change to this card from the Infinite. The new quest card in my opinion devalues the infinite card significantly unless they make changes to that card as well (which I doubt )

Last edited by Jprod; Mar 29, 2021 at 6:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.