Old Feb 16, 2021, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by UA Insider
The United Quest Card will continue to receive the same benefit as the United Platinum Class Visa Card. You will continue to earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a Calendar Year.

Print Wikipost

United Quest Card (was Platinum Visa)

Old Mar 15, 2021, 1:44 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I guess that Presidential Plus was the card to have if going for this strategy. Too bad is gone.
atword likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 2:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox
Thanks for the clarification. I guess that Presidential Plus was the card to have if going for this strategy. Too bad is gone.
Been unavailable for new accounts for 8-9 years, so would not to be concerned. It is most lucrative for small business owners, you need to $240,000 annual spend to max out.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes, you can earn from multiple cards up to 5,000 PQPs . With 4 UA segments that up to 1/2 Plat for 2022 status. The closed PresPlus is up to 10,000 PQPs).

As spelled out by UA (note not updated to reflect the Qyest card yet but UA has state it is the same as the Platinum card it is replacing)
New PQF requirement for 1K is what stings, IMO. I have a decent chance of hitting 1K in any given year, but I'm not going to fly 36 segments on United, so the PQP earning potential from the new Quest doesn't have much value to me anymore. The only dollars I put on this card in the past were when I needed the EQM/PQP boost in the past to hit 1K or Plat.
nnn likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 5:42 am

today is switch over day, but can't seem to apply for it yet.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 8:12 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by thetoad
today is switch over day, but can't seem to apply for it yet.

It's showing a Quest card in my account so I assume the new earning and benefits apply now.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: MileagePlus
Does anyone know when the card will be available for new applicants?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 8:06 am

it's now on chase's site, but can't actually see any way to apply for it.

https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...d/earn-rewards

and obviously then no way to see if there is any promo for it.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by escapefromphl

It's showing a Quest card in my account so I assume the new earning and benefits apply now.
Yup, my grocery store purchases that posted last night are now earning only 1 mile/dollar
Old Mar 22, 2021, 1:40 pm

Chase still doesn’t have it on their system for product changes for United Explorer or the Club card.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: None - previously UA
There is no minimum here right, if you booked two of those 3K award flights they had a few weeks ago, you would end up with +4K miles in balance? And also it won't credit for 2nd pax in reservation only for the cardholder it seems. This limits value since I don't always book myself awards unless it's a high value flight. I guess it changes the math for some short-haul flights, fwiw.

Anniversary Award Flight Credit: Two (2) 5,000-mile award flight credits for future application to your account after completing an eligible award flight, will be deposited into the primary Cardmember’s MileagePlus Program account within 4 weeks after each Cardmember anniversary (“Anniversary” is the date that is twelve months after credit card account open date, and the same date each twelve months thereafter). Award flight credits have no mile value until applied. An award flight credit (one per reservation) will be automatically applied, and 5,000 miles will be added to the primary Cardmember’s MileagePlus account, within 2 weeks after fully completing an eligible award flight. Award tickets booked that include at least one (1) United- or United Express-operated flight fully flown and completed and include the primary Cardmember on the reservation, qualify as an eligible award flight. Unused award flight credits may not be combined, transferred, extended beyond expiration date, or re-credited for miles. Each unused award flight credit will expire 12 months after date of issue. To qualify to receive the award flight credits, your account must be open and not in default on your account Anniversary. If your credit card account is closed at any time, United and Chase reserve the right to remove the unused award flight credits from your MileagePlus Program account. Offer and award flight credit rules and regulations are subject to change. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 9:46 am

just spoke to chase, they said the quest card isn't open to new applicants yet, they expect it will be announced for that sometime in the spring. However, if one is currently a united card customer, one can switch to it, presuming one has had the card for a year (i.e. I asked if I could apply for an explorer card and then switch).
cuthroat, atword and time_stamp like this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 1:27 pm

just spoke to chase, they said the quest card isn't open to new applicants yet, they expect it will be announced for that sometime in the spring. However, if one is currently a united card customer, one can switch to it, presuming one has had the card for a year (i.e. I asked if I could apply for an explorer card and then switch).
Just found out the same thing. Was offered the Quest as a PC option.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Or better yet, apply for it as a new card and take advantage of a lucrative intro bonus.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 7:39 pm

Yeap, confirmed they’re allowing PC today. They weren’t on Sunday and Monday when I called. Of course will wait for card to be announced so I can apply for it as a new product.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Or better yet, apply for it as a new card and take advantage of a lucrative intro bonus.
Not a frequent flier, but fly enough and bring things to family members overseas that 2 free bags per person is a big benefit, that would otherwise only be available on a $500+ card. Hence my interest.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.