United Quest Card (was Platinum Visa)

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 8, 21, 3:10 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Originally Posted by UA Insider View Post
The United Quest Card will continue to receive the same benefit as the United Platinum Class Visa Card. You will continue to earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a Calendar Year.

Print Wikipost

Old Feb 15, 21, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, UA Club Lifer, MC Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I received the letter last Friday, too. i won't be paying $250 since I get most of the benefits already through other sources.
Old Feb 16, 21, 8:43 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

United Quest Card

The United Quest Card will continue to receive the same benefit as the United Platinum Class Visa Card. You will continue to earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a Calendar Year.
Old Feb 16, 21, 9:32 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by tomwht View Post
I received the letter last Friday, too. i won't be paying $250 since I get most of the benefits already through other sources.
Might be obvious but don't cancel until after your fee posts. The $125 credit should be starting in a few weeks.
nnn likes this.
Old Feb 16, 21, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Plat/MM, AA 2MM, AF Sil, Bonvoy Tit (LTG), HH Dia
Will these be valid toward 1K status, or are they capped at Plat?
Old Feb 16, 21, 10:40 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Meh, about a wash for me. More upfront costs with the $250 A.F., but the credit back is nice. I love the theory of the companion cert, but they've been hit or miss as to usability for me. The biggest thing for me is what UA Insider cleared up, that we will continue to receive the PQD credits at 500 per $12K spent.

The 5,000 rebate is interesting, although a bit disappointed in the verbiage that specific mentions that the cardmember must be on the reservation and that there is only one 5000-mile credit per reservation...Which essentially means I personally have to take 2 award flights/year to get the full 10,000 credit.

Global Entry Credit--also a 'meh'. Don't we already get a credit for being a 1K, even if no Chase card? Regardless, I think I have 5 cards that offer this benefit.

Unremarkable to me, but again, my biggest benefit remains, the $12K = 500 PQD, so I'll ride it out. (While it doesn't mention it, I assume this includes 'up to 1K status' as this card always has).

Last edited by MBS MillionMiler; Feb 16, 21 at 11:15 am
Old Feb 16, 21, 11:07 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ps9a View Post
This has changed, as all PQP earning cards can now be used to achieve 1K. Club and PresPlus can do that with PQF requirements
New in 2021 — Earn toward Premier 1K® status: Members can now apply PQP earned through co-branded MileagePlus® credit cards toward Premier 1K status. Cardmembers must meet the Premier qualifying flight (PQF) requirement for 1K status. Cardmembers with the UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card will continue to be able to apply the card-earned PQP to Premier 1K status without having to meet the PQF requirement.
Old Feb 16, 21, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Marriott Titanium. Life: UA 540K mi., United & Admirals Clubs, Marr. Gold
This change provides a strong incentive to spend $72K on the card, and for Explorer Card holders to go on a Quest.
nnn and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 16, 21, 12:11 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer View Post
This change provides a strong incentive to spend $72K on the card, and for Explorer Card holders to go on a Quest.
Agreed, I was going to cancel the card on the assumption that PQP was dead. But with the benefit surviving, I will probably keep the card at least for now.
Old Feb 16, 21, 12:45 pm

Launder the fee credit via an ETC?

I too have had the ancient card forever and received the Quest conversion notice. I'm not sure I want to pay the new $250 AF. I like to put my travel on the Chase Sapphire Reserve card for the flexibility it yields, but my wife uses the old/soon-to-be-Quest card for household expenses for ease in family accounting. Do you suppose I can allow the conversion, then buy a UA ticket for $125, receive the credit (thereby actually reducing my current AF to less than the $140 of the old Plat card), then cancel the reservation and convert it to an ETC for later use? The fine print seems to state that the credit posts when the UA charge posts, not when they have verification that the flight was taken (e.g., by seeing the M+ miles post).
Old Feb 16, 21, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Starman View Post
... Do you suppose I can allow the conversion, then buy a UA ticket for $125, receive the credit (thereby actually reducing my current AF to less than the $140 of the old Plat card), then cancel the reservation and convert it to an ETC for later use? ....
Voluntary cancellations result in FFC, if the FFC can be converted into an ETC is YMMV
Old Feb 16, 21, 1:09 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by ps9a View Post
The PQP benefit for the United Quest Card is good towards 1K status as long as the required PQF requirements are also met.
SPN Lifer, nnn, YoYoGodMom and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 16, 21, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Voluntary cancellations result in FFC, if the FFC can be converted into an ETC is YMMV
Whoops, you're right. But the FFC would work just as well for me.
Old Feb 16, 21, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1.5MM Platinum, UC Lifetime , HHonors Diamond, Presidential Plus card holder
Any UC chits?
Old Feb 16, 21, 2:42 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer View Post
If the return on groceries gas and home improvement hadn't dropped to 1 point per dollar there might be a case that this was a competitive card to put everyday spend on and get a decent bump on status qualification.
SPN Lifer and nnn like this.
Old Feb 16, 21, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by 8MiHi View Post
Any UC chits?
UC access passes?, not mentioned and the previous card did not have them, so I would assume no.
8MiHi likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: