Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Face Mask Policy -- Masks no longer required on domestic, any intl flights still??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 2, 2021, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For general travel info and inflight masking, see https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...tions-map.html , not a list but specific route masking information. Of course understanding things are dynamic and hard for any site to stay up-to-date.

18 April 2022
"NEW FROM UNITED AIRLINES: “Effective immediately, masks are no longer required at United on domestic flights, select international flights (dependent upon the arrival country’s mask requirements) or at U.S. airports.”"

This from Pete Muntean of CNN
International flights where masks may still be required (from 4/24 post):

Argentina
Australia
Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Brazil
Canada
Chile
China
Colombia
Costa Rica
Croatia
Ecuador
Federated States of Micronesia
France
French Polynesia
Germany
Ghana
Greece
Guatemala
Honduras
Hong Kong
India
Israel
Italy
Japan
Jordan
Marshall Islands
Mexico
Netherlands
Nigeria
Palau
Panama
Peru
Philippines
Portugal
Scotland
Singapore
South Africa
South Korea
Spain
St. Kitts
Taiwan
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos
Print Wikipost

UA Face Mask Policy -- Masks no longer required on domestic, any intl flights still??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2023, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
FEBRUARY !, 2023 I just bought a Farelocked ticket to London for September and at the top of my receipt was this little block of text. I started to panic and Googled "Face Masks flights to UK" but nothing current came up. But WHY then did United send me this on the receipt I just got yesterday????
I’m sure somebody forgot to update the coding on the website. Just like when a random CO reference pops up. No need to “panic”.
jsloan, SPN Lifer, chavala and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: United, Southwest
Thanks! I did a lot of Googling. Thought maybe there was an outbreak I didn't read about or something? The other square on the receipt is this one . . which should have been a clue. It's from 2020. Really, is NO ONE in charge of this? I would call but I'd get someone in the Philippines who would say they were sorry but not actually be able to correct it. It wasn't on the website, it was the emailed receipt showing that the Fare was $500 and the Taxes and Fees were $1,775.55. Thanks Selo for letting me know! I flew to Zurich and back in September and there was no requirement to mask up. Is there an email I can use to . . . . give United a heads up? I want the hot towels back, too. . . . THANKS ALL!

Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:58 am

Programs: UA:1K 0.81M
Originally Posted by selo
It must be the typical UA IT incompetence. I did LAX-LHR two weeks ago and there is no mandatory masking onboard or at LHR or London.
Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
I want the hot towels back, too. . . . THANKS ALL!
Same for LHR back in DEC. And I think I remember we had hot towels to LHR ...
Old Feb 1, 2023, 1:04 pm

Programs: United 1K/*G, HHonors Platinum
Yes, hot towels to/from LHR were great!
I am looking forward to hot towels LAX-NRT in a few days also. NH does require masking up unfortunately, so it is what it is.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 5:04 pm

Good for Nh
Old Feb 1, 2023, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by selo
Yes, hot towels to/from LHR were great!
I am looking forward to hot towels LAX-NRT in a few days also. NH does require masking up unfortunately, so it is what it is.
This post really got my attention - was debating a HNL-NRT flight on NH - and now I'll wait until the UA flight restarts in late March or go via SFO on United.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by trk1
Good for Nh
Yes, that would certainly encourage us to book NH.
Kannai likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Yes, that would certainly encourage us to book NH.
They also play pre-recorded announcements in flight frequently to remind passengers of the requirement that masks be worn throughout the flight unless for eating and drinking (akin to the UA announcements made when masking was mandatory).
Old Feb 1, 2023, 8:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Let's returned to discussing UA in this forum and let's not get into the mask debate -- best for other forums. Carrier or government mandates are what they are. Voluntary mask wearing is a personal decision unless mandated. I real doubt after two years any one is changing the minds about masks.

WineCountryUA
coModerator
DJ_Iceman and Nikongirl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.