Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: New York City and New England Winter Weather (February 1-2, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Waiver: New York City and New England Winter Weather (February 1-2, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2021, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carmine10
What's going on? Why are they cancelling these flights?
In general because of the weather (see thread title). Are you wondering about something more specific?
SPN Lifer and carmine10 like this.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
but the trigger was the mx, right? Did the original connection fly as scheduled?
Yup, my connection made it. The issue is, had the waiver included Sunday, I would have switched to an earlier flight and not be left with zero options.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by jamesinclair
Yup, my connection made it. The issue is, had the waiver included Sunday, I would have switched to an earlier flight and not be left with zero options.
Understood. However, weather conditions for most of Sunday in the area did not warrant any kind of waiver. Snow did not really materialize until late evening time frame. (before someone chimes in, yes, there were light snow flurries to dusting from afternoon to early evening).
Old Feb 3, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Still some residual cancellations today, too. Turned out to be a whopper of a storm in the NYC area, easily the biggest in a few years. The relatively low loads make IRROPS recovery a little easier but there are still some extra sections scheduled for key stations.
SPN Lifer and goodeats21 like this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
My wife’s EWR-PHX flight is on a 4 hour delay, departing shortly (hopefully), originally scheduled 1030a. UA “reason” on app has changed from “snow makes it difficult to keep up ops” to “we’ve assigned a new plane to get you on your way” 🙄
Old Feb 4, 2021, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Understood. However, weather conditions for most of Sunday in the area did not warrant any kind of waiver. Snow did not really materialize until late evening time frame. (before someone chimes in, yes, there were light snow flurries to dusting from afternoon to early evening).
I arrived at EWR at about 4PM on Sunday and there was no snow at all.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 4:24 pm

I've flown United many times before. I knew this would happen. If I knew, surely they could have predicted it?

One does not simply fly United from FAT and expect to ever arrive on time. It simply doesnt happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.