Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA's "Travel Ready Center" - Q&A, issues,....

Old Apr 21, 2021, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Customers Can Now Schedule COVID Tests and be Automatically Cleared for Travel Directly through the Travel-Ready Center

United's industry-leading digital platform gets even more useful with the ability to schedule tests and have results directly verified through United's Travel-Ready Center on web and mobile[
Testing sites located in United's hub cities of Chicago, Houston, New York/Newark, Los Angeles, and San Francisco with expansion to Denver, Washington D.C., and international cities in the coming weeks

Photos(1)

CHICAGO, April 21, 2021
-- Since the Travel-Ready Center launched in January, United customers have been able to easily access testing or vaccine requirements needed for travel destinations, upload completed testing results and vaccine records as well as have them verified, all within the United App. Today, the industry-leading digital platform gets even better as customers can now choose from more than 200 COVID-19 testing providers across the country, book appointments and receive confirmation whether their test results meet their destination's requirements. Once the test is validated, customers will see a status indicator informing them that they are "travel-ready" and receive their mobile boarding pass. United is the only airline that offers its customers these services as part of an integrated experience within its app and website and since launch, the airline has processed more than 275,000 COVID-19 tests through the Travel-Ready Center.

"We continue to look for innovative solutions that make travel easier and safer for our customers and employees," said United's Chief Customer Officer Toby Enqvist. "This new feature enables customers to travel with confidence knowing they can quickly locate a testing provider if they need one, schedule an appointment and get the results they need – all within the United Travel-Ready Center experience."

United customers will have access to more than 200 testing sites in the TrustAssure network, including testing sites within United's hubs of Chicago, Houston, New York/Newark, Los Angeles and San Francisco as well as those located at many drug store and pharmacy chains. In the weeks and months ahead, the airline plans to expand availability to more U.S. cities, and add access to international testing sites for customers flying to the U.S. This process was designed with privacy in mind so that limited personal data is involved.

This new and updated ability to schedule a COVID-19 test and upload results directly within the Travel-Ready Center is just one of the many industry-first solutions United has introduced to make travel easier and safer during the pandemic. United was the first airline to offer COVID-19 tests to customers traveling from San Francisco to Hawaii, and the first to launch a free transatlantic COVID-19 testing pilot program for customers traveling from Newark to London. United also was the first domestic airline to require customers to perform a self-health assessment prior to flying.
United Launches Industry-Exclusive Technology to Ease the Burden of COVID-19 Travel Restrictions

United's "Travel-Ready Center" will allow customers to upload and validate test results, review local entry requirements, find testing providers, and store vaccination records - all in the United app and United.com

CHICAGO, Jan. 25, 2021
United Airlines today launched the "Travel-Ready Center" - a new, digital solution where customers can review COVID-19 entry requirements, find local testing options and upload any required testing and vaccination records for domestic and international travel, all in one place. United is the first airline to integrate all these features into its mobile app and website.

"While pre-travel testing and documentation are key to safely reopening global travel, we know it can be confusing for customers when they're preparing for a flight," said Linda Jojo, Executive Vice President for Technology and Chief Digital Officer, United. "Starting today, our 'Travel-Ready Center' gives customers a personalized, step-by-step guide of what is needed for their trip, a simple way to upload required documents and quickly get their boarding pass, fully integrated within our app and website."

In the weeks and months ahead, United will add more innovative, industry-first features to the Travel-Ready Center platform to make navigating evolving entry requirements even easier. United customers will soon be able to:
  • Schedule a COVID-19 test at one of more than 15,000 testing sites around the world, right from the app or website.
  • Access the recently launched "Agent on Demand", a United-exclusive feature that gives customers the ability to video chat live with a customer service agent to answer any questions about pre-travel requirements or documentation.
  • View details about visa requirements for the countries they plan to visit.
Customers with an active reservation can access the Travel-Ready Center through the "My Trips" section of the United App and on united.com. The Travel-Ready Center will provide tailored details on requirements for all travelers 18 and older on a customer's itinerary, with status indicators noting if they are travel-ready based on specific requirements each individual needs to meet in order to board their flight, including any additional requirements for connecting flights. Documents uploaded by a passenger will be reviewed by designated personnel for verification. The individual status indicators for each passenger will then note whether they are "travel ready" and they will be allowed to complete the check-in process. Customers should still plan to bring the physical documents to the airport in case further inspection is needed along their journey.
United Customers Can Now Access 3,000 COVID Testing Locations at Albertson Companies and Walmart Through Airline's Mobile App and Website
Airline's digital channels now offer customers easy access to more than 3,000 testing locations via Accenture and CLX Health's TrustAssure™ Platform integration
Customers can book appointments and have test results directly validated on United's mobile app and website to be cleared for travel
Photos(1)

CHICAGO, Aug. 19, 2021
Starting today, United customers can access even more COVID testing locations, including more than 3,000 new Walmart and Albertson Companies locations across the U.S., through the airline's website and mobile app in the Travel Ready Center. Customers can now easily book COVID-19 testing appointments at more than 3,800 total testing providers powered by Accenture technology and the CLX Health's TrustAssure™ network and have their results delivered within 4 to 48 hours of their test and directly submitted to United's website and mobile app to be reviewed for their flight.

United remains the only airline that gives customers destination-specific travel requirements and the ability to upload country-specific required forms, testing results and vaccination records, all within the United App and on United.com. To date, nearly 3.3 million vaccination records, test results and destination entry forms have been submitted through United's online platforms.

"United continues to deliver solutions that make it simple for customers to understand and meet all testing and vaccination requirements directly through our award-winning digital channels," said Linda Jojo, United's executive vice president for technology and Chief Digital Officer. "As more Americans resume international travel, this enhancement to our mobile app and website will give our customers confidence and peace-of mind knowing they have access to all of the information and services they need right in the palm of their hand or on their laptop."

Through United's Travel Ready Center, customers can view a list of localized, eligible COVID testing locations, now including select Albertsons Companies and Walmart locations, as well as additional popular drug store, pharmacy chains, and local healthcare providers across the country. Customers can then select their preferred location and schedule an appointment directly through United's website and mobile app. Once the test is reviewed, customers will see a status indicator informing them that they are "travel-ready" and can receive their mobile boarding pass. The airline plans to continue to expand its offering, including adding international testing sites for customers flying to the U.S. This process was designed with privacy in mind so that limited personal data is involved.

"At Albertsons Companies, we are always seeking convenient solutions for our customers, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our partnership with United Airlines, to provide access to pre-travel COVID testing, is just another example of this intent," said Omer Gajial, Albertsons Companies SVP of Pharmacy and Health. "With our integrated testing solution, our customers can easily schedule their COVID-19 test at one of our convenient store locations, and results are seamlessly and confidentially delivered to United Airlines."

"Our TrustAssure™ platform was engineered to deliver a compliant, clinically sound, state of the art solution that leverages interoperability to thousands of COVID testing locations around the world," said Joseph Gonzalez, Chief Strategy Officer for CLX Health. "The domestic expansion of our TrustAssure network of premier national retail partners supporting COVID-19 testing, including Albertsons and Walmart locations in the United States, will provide travelers a multitude of choices virtually anywhere in the country to help them meet their travel requirements."

"Together with United, Albertsons and Walmart, we innovated at speed and scale to help implement a solution for United's customers, creating a system designed to give them greater support and confidence to navigate the new complexities introduced as a result of COVID-19," said Emily Weiss, global lead of Accenture's Travel industry group. "We are proud to help with this effort and provide a solution to make meeting travel requirements easier for customers as they continue to resume flying domestically and internationally."

Today's news is the latest initiative the airline has introduced in recent months to make travel easier for customers who need proof of a negative COVID-19 test. United was the first to set up an easy way for international travelers to bring a CDC-approved test with them, self-administer while abroad, and return home through an innovative collaboration with Abbott. United was also the first airline to offer COVID-19 tests to customers traveling from San Francisco to Hawaii, and the first to launch a free transatlantic COVID-19 testing pilot program for customers traveling from Newark to London.
Print Wikipost

UA's "Travel Ready Center" - Q&A, issues,....

Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by bioyuki
Flying LHR-SFO on 4/9...how long does UA take to validate a Covid test (Abbott Navica BinaxNow)? I took the test right after midnight on 4/8, uploaded the image through TRC, and it's been pending for about 9 hours how. I originally tried doing the Navica sync thing in the app, but when I did that it, it rejected my test result, so tried the image upload. TRC took my digital vax card and passport and validated those instantly.
Worst case print everything off and take it with you if you can. If not have it easily accessible. In my case it was hours, but certainly not 9, in December.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Flying LHR-SFO on 4/9...how long does UA take to validate a Covid test (Abbott Navica BinaxNow)? I took the test right after midnight on 4/8, uploaded the image through TRC, and it's been pending for about 9 hours how. I originally tried doing the Navica sync thing in the app, but when I did that it, it rejected my test result, so tried the image upload. TRC took my digital vax card and passport and validated those instantly.
Did you upload the pdf file sent to you by email? Or you can call and talk to TRC agent. Good luck.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Worst case print everything off and take it with you if you can. If not have it easily accessible. In my case it was hours, but certainly not 9, in December.
Yes will def. do this but hoping to avoid the queues at Heathrow, I've heard they're insane. And want to make sure my test will be accepted and not get screwed day of for some reason.

Originally Posted by Kmxu
Did you upload the pdf file sent to you by email? Or you can call and talk to TRC agent. Good luck.
I uploaded the image file that the Navica app outputs. On the phone now in a 40-50 minute wait. I tried the United app chat feature and they said, "upon checking, it will be validated 1-2 hours before your flight, and I'm sorry since we're unable to override the process"

This seems not right?

EDIT: Traveling with my partner on the same flight, but separate PNRs, and he's in the same boat as me in terms of waiting for validation

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 8, 2022 at 1:00 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes will def. do this but hoping to avoid the queues at Heathrow, I've heard they're insane. And want to make sure my test will be accepted and not get screwed day of for some reason.
It's only been reported in BA terminals. T2 doesn't seem to have the same issues, or not that I have seen reported.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:34 am

Travel ready currently has information that conflicts timatic/offical gov site. Is it safe to assume that United would refer to timatic in the event that the travel ready still has the incorrect information?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:03 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by henrus
Travel ready currently has information that conflicts timatic/offical gov site. Is it safe to assume that United would refer to timatic in the event that the travel ready still has the incorrect information?
Yes.

for which country?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by bsb7140
Yes.

for which country?
Tahiti, French Polynesia. Travel ready is asking for a test based on the first united flight rather then detecting that my trip actually starts on a partner airline.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Tahiti, French Polynesia. Travel ready is asking for a test based on the first united flight rather then detecting that my trip actually starts on a partner airline.
yes because travel ready isn’t linked to partner airlines so that makes sense. The partner airline should be checking your documents as that’s the first flight of the itinerary.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Travel ready has woefully outdated information. 😔 It is disappointing they can’t keep information updated even for major transit hubs, such as Frankfurt. I keep checking to see if they have caught up with the latest March 31 update, but no. It’s best to have official government information about destination country at your fingertips.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:53 am

My wife and I are are flying from EUG via SFO to LHR on Saturday. The travel ready center has been green for both of us until today. Now it indicates my Covid requirements are pending approval. As their are NO COVID requirements to visit the UK I called. After being placed on hold the agent came back and said I had not uploaded my vaccine card. I explained again that their are no Covid requirements to visit the UK and I was put back on hold. The agent then came back and said there is a system glitch and I will need to check in at the airport. Should I relax, or HUCA or ? I don't understand why my wife's travel ready is good to go but mine is not.
Anybody having a problem with a system glitch?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
We will be returning from Zurich to Chicago in mid-May. Anyone knows of an approved self-test we could get in order to enter the US? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DFWFairy
We will be returning from Zurich to Chicago in mid-May. Anyone knows of an approved self-test we could get in order to enter the US? Thanks in advance.
Presently none and doubt if ever, self-test have no integrity. More likely the test requirement to be dropped.
Proctored tests are required.

US to require air travelers to provide a negative test within 1 day of departure - FlyerTalk Forums
jamienbaker and ARR72 like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 16, 2022 at 12:44 pm
Old Apr 23, 2022, 11:38 pm
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
Hi,

I need some urgent advice. I apologize if this question has already been answered.

We were initially scheduled to leave DEL on UA 83 on 4/23. So, we completed Covid19 testing on 4/22 and uploaded the negative results on Travel ready center on 4/22.

Unfortunately, UA cancelled our UA 83 on 4/23 and rebooked on UA 3010 on 4/24. When I try the online checkin, I get an error with our test report upload.

tests done on 4/22

Original flight UA 83 DEL-EWR on 4/23 @ 11:35 PM

rebooked on 4/24 UA 3010 @ 11:31 PM

It appears that we don't have to retake the tests, but UA online che kin complains about the tests being older than 4/23.

Do we need to retake tests?

Thanks.

Last edited by washingtonian_2017; Apr 23, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Old Apr 24, 2022, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by washingtonian_2017
Hi,

I need some urgent advice. I apologize if this question has already been answered.

We were initially scheduled to leave DEL on UA 83 on 4/23. So, we completed Covid19 testing on 4/22 and uploaded the negative results on Travel ready center on 4/22.

Unfortunately, UA cancelled our UA 83 on 4/23 and rebooked on UA 3010 on 4/24. When I try the online checkin, I get an error with our test report upload.

tests done on 4/22

Original flight UA 83 DEL-EWR on 4/23 @ 11:35 PM

rebooked on 4/24 UA 3010 @ 11:31 PM

It appears that we don't have to retake the tests, but UA online che kin complains about the tests being older than 4/23.

Do we need to retake tests?

Thanks.
I think this is what you need to refer to, althought United might have some specifics:

What happens if a passenger’s flight is delayed past the 1-day limit for testing?

If the first flight in a passenger’s itinerary is delayed past the 1-day limit of testing due to a situation outside of the passenger’s control (e.g., delays because of severe weather or aircraft mechanical problem), and that delay is 24 hours or less past the 1-day limit for testing, the passenger does not need to be retested. If the delay is more than 24 hours past the 1-day limit, then the passenger will need to be retested.

If a connecting flight in a passenger’s itinerary is delayed past the 1-day limit of testing due to a situation outside of the passenger’s control (e.g., delays because of severe weather or aircraft mechanical problem), and that delay is less than 48 hours past the 1-day limit for testing, the passenger does not need to be retested. If the delay is more than 48 hours past the 1-day limit, then the passenger will need to be retested.

I think you satisfy it by 4 minutes if I have understood it correctly.
Old May 8, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Have an upcoming flight to Europe on Wednesday the 11th. Travel Ready Center is telling me to come back within 72 hours so that I can upload vaccination records, and destination entry forms. The upload button is disabled, but I'm within 72 hours of my flights (both the domestic connection as well as the Trans-Atlantic leg are less than 72 hours away at this point). Any ideas on how to upload the appropriate info - both the website and the app tell me to come back later:

"You're required to submit documents close to your travel date. Please check back soon to upload your travel documents."

and

"You're required to submit documentation 72 hours before your travel begins. Plese check back then to upload your documents."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.