Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA's "Travel Ready Center" - Q&A, issues,....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2021, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Customers Can Now Schedule COVID Tests and be Automatically Cleared for Travel Directly through the Travel-Ready Center

United's industry-leading digital platform gets even more useful with the ability to schedule tests and have results directly verified through United's Travel-Ready Center on web and mobile[
Testing sites located in United's hub cities of Chicago, Houston, New York/Newark, Los Angeles, and San Francisco with expansion to Denver, Washington D.C., and international cities in the coming weeks

Photos(1)

CHICAGO, April 21, 2021
-- Since the Travel-Ready Center launched in January, United customers have been able to easily access testing or vaccine requirements needed for travel destinations, upload completed testing results and vaccine records as well as have them verified, all within the United App. Today, the industry-leading digital platform gets even better as customers can now choose from more than 200 COVID-19 testing providers across the country, book appointments and receive confirmation whether their test results meet their destination's requirements. Once the test is validated, customers will see a status indicator informing them that they are "travel-ready" and receive their mobile boarding pass. United is the only airline that offers its customers these services as part of an integrated experience within its app and website and since launch, the airline has processed more than 275,000 COVID-19 tests through the Travel-Ready Center.

"We continue to look for innovative solutions that make travel easier and safer for our customers and employees," said United's Chief Customer Officer Toby Enqvist. "This new feature enables customers to travel with confidence knowing they can quickly locate a testing provider if they need one, schedule an appointment and get the results they need – all within the United Travel-Ready Center experience."

United customers will have access to more than 200 testing sites in the TrustAssure network, including testing sites within United's hubs of Chicago, Houston, New York/Newark, Los Angeles and San Francisco as well as those located at many drug store and pharmacy chains. In the weeks and months ahead, the airline plans to expand availability to more U.S. cities, and add access to international testing sites for customers flying to the U.S. This process was designed with privacy in mind so that limited personal data is involved.

This new and updated ability to schedule a COVID-19 test and upload results directly within the Travel-Ready Center is just one of the many industry-first solutions United has introduced to make travel easier and safer during the pandemic. United was the first airline to offer COVID-19 tests to customers traveling from San Francisco to Hawaii, and the first to launch a free transatlantic COVID-19 testing pilot program for customers traveling from Newark to London. United also was the first domestic airline to require customers to perform a self-health assessment prior to flying.
United Launches Industry-Exclusive Technology to Ease the Burden of COVID-19 Travel Restrictions

United's "Travel-Ready Center" will allow customers to upload and validate test results, review local entry requirements, find testing providers, and store vaccination records - all in the United app and United.com

CHICAGO, Jan. 25, 2021
United Airlines today launched the "Travel-Ready Center" - a new, digital solution where customers can review COVID-19 entry requirements, find local testing options and upload any required testing and vaccination records for domestic and international travel, all in one place. United is the first airline to integrate all these features into its mobile app and website.

"While pre-travel testing and documentation are key to safely reopening global travel, we know it can be confusing for customers when they're preparing for a flight," said Linda Jojo, Executive Vice President for Technology and Chief Digital Officer, United. "Starting today, our 'Travel-Ready Center' gives customers a personalized, step-by-step guide of what is needed for their trip, a simple way to upload required documents and quickly get their boarding pass, fully integrated within our app and website."

In the weeks and months ahead, United will add more innovative, industry-first features to the Travel-Ready Center platform to make navigating evolving entry requirements even easier. United customers will soon be able to:
  • Schedule a COVID-19 test at one of more than 15,000 testing sites around the world, right from the app or website.
  • Access the recently launched "Agent on Demand", a United-exclusive feature that gives customers the ability to video chat live with a customer service agent to answer any questions about pre-travel requirements or documentation.
  • View details about visa requirements for the countries they plan to visit.
Customers with an active reservation can access the Travel-Ready Center through the "My Trips" section of the United App and on united.com. The Travel-Ready Center will provide tailored details on requirements for all travelers 18 and older on a customer's itinerary, with status indicators noting if they are travel-ready based on specific requirements each individual needs to meet in order to board their flight, including any additional requirements for connecting flights. Documents uploaded by a passenger will be reviewed by designated personnel for verification. The individual status indicators for each passenger will then note whether they are "travel ready" and they will be allowed to complete the check-in process. Customers should still plan to bring the physical documents to the airport in case further inspection is needed along their journey.
United Customers Can Now Access 3,000 COVID Testing Locations at Albertson Companies and Walmart Through Airline's Mobile App and Website
Airline's digital channels now offer customers easy access to more than 3,000 testing locations via Accenture and CLX Health's TrustAssure™ Platform integration
Customers can book appointments and have test results directly validated on United's mobile app and website to be cleared for travel
Photos(1)

CHICAGO, Aug. 19, 2021
Starting today, United customers can access even more COVID testing locations, including more than 3,000 new Walmart and Albertson Companies locations across the U.S., through the airline's website and mobile app in the Travel Ready Center. Customers can now easily book COVID-19 testing appointments at more than 3,800 total testing providers powered by Accenture technology and the CLX Health's TrustAssure™ network and have their results delivered within 4 to 48 hours of their test and directly submitted to United's website and mobile app to be reviewed for their flight.

United remains the only airline that gives customers destination-specific travel requirements and the ability to upload country-specific required forms, testing results and vaccination records, all within the United App and on United.com. To date, nearly 3.3 million vaccination records, test results and destination entry forms have been submitted through United's online platforms.

"United continues to deliver solutions that make it simple for customers to understand and meet all testing and vaccination requirements directly through our award-winning digital channels," said Linda Jojo, United's executive vice president for technology and Chief Digital Officer. "As more Americans resume international travel, this enhancement to our mobile app and website will give our customers confidence and peace-of mind knowing they have access to all of the information and services they need right in the palm of their hand or on their laptop."

Through United's Travel Ready Center, customers can view a list of localized, eligible COVID testing locations, now including select Albertsons Companies and Walmart locations, as well as additional popular drug store, pharmacy chains, and local healthcare providers across the country. Customers can then select their preferred location and schedule an appointment directly through United's website and mobile app. Once the test is reviewed, customers will see a status indicator informing them that they are "travel-ready" and can receive their mobile boarding pass. The airline plans to continue to expand its offering, including adding international testing sites for customers flying to the U.S. This process was designed with privacy in mind so that limited personal data is involved.

"At Albertsons Companies, we are always seeking convenient solutions for our customers, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our partnership with United Airlines, to provide access to pre-travel COVID testing, is just another example of this intent," said Omer Gajial, Albertsons Companies SVP of Pharmacy and Health. "With our integrated testing solution, our customers can easily schedule their COVID-19 test at one of our convenient store locations, and results are seamlessly and confidentially delivered to United Airlines."

"Our TrustAssure™ platform was engineered to deliver a compliant, clinically sound, state of the art solution that leverages interoperability to thousands of COVID testing locations around the world," said Joseph Gonzalez, Chief Strategy Officer for CLX Health. "The domestic expansion of our TrustAssure network of premier national retail partners supporting COVID-19 testing, including Albertsons and Walmart locations in the United States, will provide travelers a multitude of choices virtually anywhere in the country to help them meet their travel requirements."

"Together with United, Albertsons and Walmart, we innovated at speed and scale to help implement a solution for United's customers, creating a system designed to give them greater support and confidence to navigate the new complexities introduced as a result of COVID-19," said Emily Weiss, global lead of Accenture's Travel industry group. "We are proud to help with this effort and provide a solution to make meeting travel requirements easier for customers as they continue to resume flying domestically and internationally."

Today's news is the latest initiative the airline has introduced in recent months to make travel easier for customers who need proof of a negative COVID-19 test. United was the first to set up an easy way for international travelers to bring a CDC-approved test with them, self-administer while abroad, and return home through an innovative collaboration with Abbott. United was also the first airline to offer COVID-19 tests to customers traveling from San Francisco to Hawaii, and the first to launch a free transatlantic COVID-19 testing pilot program for customers traveling from Newark to London.
Print Wikipost

UA's "Travel Ready Center" - Q&A, issues,....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2021, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by miasmal
Update on my EWR-BRU-Spain flight. Documents I uploaded were accepted in TRC. No matter how many times I put in my passport info (expiration date), green check does not appear for that section. I checked in using the mobile app, scanned my passport, and it just says that I have to go see an agent at check-in. I was hoping to avoid the interaction like bocastephen above.

Update from the airport - I checked in 3rd level. At the carryon only kiosk, the agent just looked at my vax card. Did not look for the PLF (I have it). Quick checkin, albeit very cursory. At the gate every 5 minutes GA is announcing that PLF needs to be filled out, so there is that. No mention of requiring test results (which I also have).
I'm flying the same routing. Running into the same issue with TRC on the passport page. I'm thinking it is because it says "NO". Must be a bug in the way the vaccine exception is mixed in with the visa requirements. I also hoped to skip the mess that EWR checkin has become. Same thing happened last time, they were putting everyone into the line for people who needed to check bags even if they did not. Eventually, I just walked over to the carry-on only area where it was pretty much empty.

I wonder if its worth calling the TRC desk. Do they have the power to override? Do you get through pretty quick via the 1K line? I would rather be able to check in early so I can get a seat assignment earlier on my following SN flight.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 9:01 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by eng3
I'm flying the same routing. Running into the same issue with TRC on the passport page. I'm thinking it is because it says "NO". Must be a bug in the way the vaccine exception is mixed in with the visa requirements. I also hoped to skip the mess that EWR checkin has become. Same thing happened last time, they were putting everyone into the line for people who needed to check bags even if they did not. Eventually, I just walked over to the carry-on only area where it was pretty much empty.

I wonder if its worth calling the TRC desk. Do they have the power to override? Do you get through pretty quick via the 1K line? I would rather be able to check in early so I can get a seat assignment earlier on my following SN flight.
I’ve got the same issue with ORD-EWR-ZRH - passport won’t take. Was hoping to be able to check in online as I’ll be pushing it a bit close at ORD.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 12:25 am

Passport Won’t Take

I have the same issue reported upthread—the TRC takes me to my saved passport information, but won’t let me confirm it in order to get the green check mark. Instead, when I hit the “Confirm selected passport” button, the TRC just kicks me back to the “Passport and Visa Information” screen. It’s an endless loop.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
have any US citizens flown to the UK since 10/4?

I am a US citizen flying tonight to LHR and upon checking in the UA website keeps insisting that I must have a covid test to go to the UK. This is incorrect, as fully vaccinated Americans are now admitted in without a covid test. Just wondering if anyone was questioned about this at the airport. I'd hate to be denied boarding because UA has not informed staff of this change.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by JNelson113
I am a US citizen flying tonight to LHR and upon checking in the UA website keeps insisting that I must have a covid test to go to the UK. This is incorrect, as fully vaccinated Americans are now admitted in without a covid test. Just wondering if anyone was questioned about this at the airport. I'd hate to be denied boarding because UA has not informed staff of this change.
According to the UK government, you need a COVID test 2 days after arrival and you need to enter the booking reference for the COVID test on the passenger locator form:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-t...lly-vaccinated
https://www.gov.uk/find-travel-test-provider
sexykitten7 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
United can't possibly keep up with the myriad of changes due to Covid across all the countries they fly to. The TRC is a great tool but you will often find out of date and incorrect information on it related to entry requirements. They'll update it eventually.

The good news is they seem to update the chickens (check in kiosks) and other apps quickly with these changes. You'll be fine with no Covid test and the agent will know about the rules either a) because they are aware already; b) looking them up through Timatic as you check-in. But the computer should not be asking to validate a negative Covid test before issuing a BP.

However, you must still have a Passenger Locator Form (PLF) filled out and approved before you can check-in. And note that United does not have a way to validate PLFs before you get to the airport so the check-in desk will have to help you.

When I flew to LHR last week an agent had to come validate my negative test and my PLF. It was two simple check boxes on the kiosk that the agent clicked after scanning his/her employee badge. Once that was done I was given a BP and off I went. No one else ever checked my forms all the way through immigration at LHR.

-RM
JNelson113 and Kmxu like this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Thanks, yes already have the PLF code so fingers crossed at the airport!
Old Oct 6, 2021, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
This is so hilariously bad ... even UA needs to be ashamed. Everything submitted. All checkmarks are green. Trying to check-in ... sorry, you need a negative COVID test (which is utter b.s.), so please check in at the airport. This is such a waste of time. Last time I am trying to get my BPs before hand. UA needs to be ashamed.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 4:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I tried calling the 1K desk which forwarded me to TRC desk. It was a little difficult to understand as the agent had a heavy indian accent. They claim that it doesnt matter that TRC says I'm not ready because I need to select my passport info during OLCI and once I do that, I will be allowed to complete checkin. I don't think that is true based on my prior experience and posts here but it is difficult to argue since I'm not in the OLCI period yet.
Maybe I'll try calling again later and seeing if I can get them to force it. With this issue affecting so many people, I assume it is easier to just give them a story that OLCI will work and push the problem to the airport checkin agents. No wonder it's such a mess at the airport.

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
However, you must still have a Passenger Locator Form (PLF) filled out and approved before you can check-in. And note that United does not have a way to validate PLFs before you get to the airport so the check-in desk will have to help you.
That is not accurate. You can upload your PLF to TRC and they should approve it. I've done it several times for UK.

Last edited by eng3; Oct 7, 2021 at 4:59 am
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
That is not accurate. You can upload your PLF to TRC and they should approve it. I've done it several times for UK.
That's interesting. My app must be special. I flew to LHR last week and there was no option to upload the PLF; it was already red and said to see an agent at the airport to check-in. That was my only LHR trip since Covid began and I don't have another one booked yet to check the app behavior.

-RM
Old Oct 7, 2021, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
That's interesting. My app must be special. I flew to LHR last week and there was no option to upload the PLF; it was already red and said to see an agent at the airport to check-in. That was my only LHR trip since Covid began and I don't have another one booked yet to check the app behavior.

-RM
TRC has three sections:
"Enter Passport an visa requirements" Currently broken for many destinations. "COVID-19 requirements" for uploading tests and vaccine papers, and "Destination entry forms" for uploading your PLF forms. I used it for several trips including UK.
OFcourse, the whole system has been buggy so I wouldn't be surprised if it stopped working for PLF for some period of time.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TRC has three sections:
"Enter Passport an visa requirements" Currently broken for many destinations. "COVID-19 requirements" for uploading tests and vaccine papers, and "Destination entry forms" for uploading your PLF forms. I used it for several trips including UK.
OFcourse, the whole system has been buggy so I wouldn't be surprised if it stopped working for PLF for some period of time.
I think they've been recently tweaking TRC. It worked pretty well this summer I found, but it has been much less reliable in the past ~month.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by fumje
I think they've been recently tweaking TRC. It worked pretty well this summer I found, but it has been much less reliable in the past ~month.
I think it maybe the more recent requirements for vaccinations. This is my theory.
​​​

Over the summer, USA were allowed to enter. In terms of COVID requirements, test or vaccination was required.
More recently, USA is not allowed to enter (except if you have a vaccination). In terms of covid requirements (test or vaccination is required.

Therefore, in TRC's logic, USA is not allowed to enter. (The summary says "No, the travel documents held by the traveler are not sufficient!". I think this is what prevents the system from proceeding.) and they leave checking for the exception to an airport check eventhough they already have your vaccine card from the covid submission.

Normally, I wouldnt care, but airport checkin has become such a mess lately.

Last edited by eng3; Oct 7, 2021 at 10:13 am
Old Oct 7, 2021, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it maybe the more recent requirements for vaccinations. This is my theory.
​​​

Over the summer, USA were allowed to enter. In terms of COVID requirements, test or vaccination was required.
More recently, USA is not allowed to enter (except if you have a vaccination). In terms of covid requirements (test or vaccination is required.

Therefore, in TRC's logic, USA is not allowed to enter. (The summary says "No, the travel documents held by the traveler are not sufficient!". I think this is what prevents the system from proceeding.) and they leave checking for the exception to an airport check eventhough they already have your vaccine card from the covid submission.

Normally, I wouldnt care, but airport checkin has become such a mess lately.
That could be the main complicating factor. It does also follow the general trend of things in the app working best when they're first introduced and then slowly getting mucked up by later updates.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tried calling the 1K desk which forwarded me to TRC desk. It was a little difficult to understand as the agent had a heavy indian accent. They claim that it doesnt matter that TRC says I'm not ready because I need to select my passport info during OLCI and once I do that, I will be allowed to complete checkin. I don't think that is true based on my prior experience and posts here but it is difficult to argue since I'm not in the OLCI period yet.

Looks like I am not the only person having an issue verifying my passport. Flying to Berlin tomorrow and have uploaded my German registration form. UA already has my PP and vaccination record. TRC has approved my vaccination and registration information but not my PP. OLCI failed and I have to “see an agent to verify travel documentation “. Seriously, my PP has been on file and used with UA for the past 3 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.