Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Personalized Video: "You've reached Premier (GS/1K/Plat/Gold/Silver) status"

Old Jan 21, 21, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC

Email received yesterday with "personalized" video explaining status (1K) benefits, and including key stats.

Do you like this, or is it just a gimmick?

"Hi narvik,
Welcome back to United MileagePlus® Premier® 1K® status. We're excited to have been able to extend your 2020 status and to re-introduce you to all the perks of Premier 1K in a special welcome video.

To learn even more about your benefits, track your activity and receive personalized offers from our partners, you can always visit mystatus.united.com. Plus, you'll find your digital membership card in the My Account section of the United app.*"
Old Jan 21, 21, 8:24 am

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
Originally Posted by narvik View Post

Do you like this, or is it just a gimmick?
I was initially kind of excited as I thought it would be a recap of all my 2020 flights (I did a lot Jan-Mar!) plus a review of the 1K benefits. While it did review the 1K benefits, the majority seemed like another version of the onboard Covid/Cleaning video.

For me it started out beneficial but then clearly went into the gimmick/redundant pile. I take it as they are using every venue to remind people flying is safe.
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 21, 21, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
Fixing that image for you, narvik

narvik likes this.
Old Jan 21, 21, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott Amb (LT Titanium)
Actually the email confused me. It said:

Hi RM,
Congratulations on your United MileagePlus® Premier® 1K® status! We're excited to introduce you to all the perks of your status in a special welcome video.

I've been 1K for years (except for the one stint as GS thrown in the middle) and I *earned* 1K last year instead of having it gifted to me as part of the extension. So why are they introducing me to the perks? The email should have said, "Congratulations on re-earning 1K status. Here's a reminder of your perks..."

I can't be bothered watching some video. I know where I flew. I know how many upgrades I did and didn't get. And I know the 1K perks that I use and care about.

-RM
drewguy, narvik and Dublin_rfk like this.

Last edited by RobOnLI; Jan 21, 21 at 11:18 am
Old Jan 21, 21, 9:20 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum
I wish that United would send one to congratulate me for achieving 3MM. So far, I got nothing from United except for 35K miles deposited to my account.
dulcamara and deek like this.
Old Jan 21, 21, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post
Congratulations on your United MileagePlus® Premier® 1K® status! We're excited to introduce you to all the perks of your status in a special welcome video.
(Bolding Mine)
FWIW: you should probably REMOVE the LINK to the video!

Originally Posted by drewguy View Post
Fixing that image for you...
CHEERS!
How did you get the correct FONT? does United always use the same one for these things?
Old Jan 21, 21, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
It wasn't a completely wasted 3:13 minutes and I especially liked the survey at the end. :-)
Old Jan 21, 21, 10:12 am

(Bolding Mine)

CHEERS!
How did you get the correct FONT? does United always use the same one for these things?
Maybe viewing the personalised page and then editing the source using 'Inspect' function (included in most modern browsers right click).

---

Separately, are they all set with ORD as the background?
Old Jan 21, 21, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
(Bolding Mine)

CHEERS!
In the strangest of coincidences, my real name is Narvik!

Actually, if you look at the link your name is embedded in it. I changed mine to Narvik to seek what would change - the printed name changes but the audio still had my real name.
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 21, 21, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Million Miler 1K, AA Plat, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat etc etc
It's kind of a gimmick, but since I had to stop flying in mid-March first due to covid shutdown and then lung surgery which put me in a super high risk category, it was a nice reconnection point. I was wondering if the extended 1Ks will get an actual gift like usual.
DCFlyIAD likes this.
Old Jan 21, 21, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott Amb (LT Titanium)
(Bolding Mine)
Oops. I wonder what personally identifiable information I just gave out. I never watched the video. LOL.
-RM
Old Jan 21, 21, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post
I wish that United would send one to congratulate me for achieving 3MM. So far, I got nothing from United except for 35K miles deposited to my account.
Hey, the same thing happened to me. I hit 3MM over a month ago (maybe more-I can't remember, honestly) and I still haven't received any email. I haven't received the points either, not that it matters since I can't see any way to use the points these days unless I turn them into overpriced merchandise that I don't really want. I do have the 3MM banner on my account page though, "so I got that goin' for me, which is nice". --Credit to Caddyshack.
SPN Lifer, JetBunny, deek and 1 others like this.

Last edited by zombietooth; Jan 21, 21 at 12:49 pm
Old Jan 21, 21, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

In the strangest of coincidences, my real name is Narvik!

...the printed name changes but the audio still had my real name.
They must not use a 'standard' text-to-speech software, but instead only go with pronunciations of well-known first names: it completely skips pronouncing my name, and just says: "Hi, congratulations...."
Old Jan 21, 21, 1:25 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Gold (almost LT Plat), Hilton LT ♢, National Exec,
I'll admit I liked the video. I thought it was a nice (computerized) 'personal' touch. I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know, but I'm also the guy that can stare at the ceiling of a 737NG for hours and watch the mood lights change color. I guess simple things amuse simple minds.
Old Jan 21, 21, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
I received three emails with the exact same content on this video. Anyone else receive more than one email?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: