Search
Old Jan 20, 2021, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Standard MilePlay link
https://promotions.united.com/offers/mileplay

Terms and conditions
Eligibility:

• Only original offer recipients can register for and participate in this promotion.

• Promotion code: T013MA

How to participate:

• Member must register for this promotion on or prior to March 31, 2021. Only transactions initiated after registration and completed on or prior to March 31, 2021 will qualify toward satisfaction of the offer requirements.

• Registrant must complete all activity specified in the offer to receive bonus award miles. Partial bonuses for completing only certain activity will not be awarded. Bonus award miles may only be earned once.

Book and take X trip(s):

• Qualifying trip requirements:

1. Trip (as defined below) booking must be made after registration.

2. All flight activity for applicable Trip must be complete on or prior to March 31, 2021.

3. Each Trip must have a fare (as defined below) equal to or greater than $YYY (Some are seeing eligibility only for certain fares / cabin)

4. The final fare amount for the Trip will be used to determine satisfaction of offer requirements, including itinerary changes that result in an increase or decrease to the fare and paid upgrades that result in an increase to the fare.

• “Trip” is defined as each unique travel itinerary as documented by United with a confirmation number.

• For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United® and United Express® will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by Star Alliance™ member airline or a United MileagePlus® partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico.

• Offer is not valid on government fares.

• Flights on award travel tickets do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.

• E-Ticket purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.

Other important information:

• This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.

• Miles earned through this promotion do not count toward Premier status or Million Miler Status and do not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles.

• Qualifying activity must be posted to the applicable member's MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer.

• Bonus miles will post to your MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on March 31, 2021.

• Offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on March 31, 2021.

• If transactions are reversed or canceled or refunds occur such that the offer requirements are not satisfied, applicable miles will not be awarded or will be deducted from the MileagePlus member account.

• All calculations and other determinations made in connection with this offer will be made by United in its discretion and are considered final.

• Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Print Wikipost

Mile Play by 31 March 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
While I didn't have an offer, my +1 MM companion did have an offer and would never know about it without me doing the enrollment, so there's that.
Fly 2 trips worth at least $100 each and get 2500 bonus miles. So basically two one ways should do the trick.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
1 trip in a premium cabin costing more than $400 = 5,000 bonus miles ...
Old Jan 23, 2021, 9:32 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
3 trips of at least $100 by March 31 for 5,000 miles. Not a bad deal.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: NEXUS, MileagePlus Silver, Frontier Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
3 trips of at least $225 by March 31 yields 5,000 bonus miles.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Three trips of $200 each for 5,000 points. That is a ridiculously low bonus for a $600+ spend. My last offer was 3x$150 for 3,700 bonus points.

Wish I'd been offered the 3 Premium for 18-24k miles. I'm trying to engineer three expensive trips that maximize the PQP bonus before March 31, without exposing me to very much air time -- e.g. Denver-Aspen in First. I can secure 1K for a little under $7k, which will matter a lot for 2022 travel.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: CO Infinite Plat, UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, US(ex-CP), VX, DL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold
Will Booking With “Future Flight Credit” from Last Year Count?

Has anyone booked a flight using a “Future Flight Credit” from tickets from last year and had it count for these promotions? I am uncertain because these credits have existing record locators that were created before the start of the MilePlay promotion. I skipped using an existing Future Flight Credit last year because I was worried it wouldn’t count under the last promotion, but I want to use these credits before they expire!
Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2021, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
3 trips $200 ea 9k mi. Not worth it.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 8:12 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
3 trips @ $175 or above. 5000. Lame.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 6:57 pm

I got 3 premium trips ($450+) for 33,000 miles. One thing that confused me though... In the T&C, it says that all travel for the trip must be in a premium cabin. I live in a small regional city with no premium seats on my way to the nearest hub. That means at least two segments of every round trip I take are in economy. Does my not being in a major market effectively disqualify me from the promotion (assuming I'm not willing to take positioning flights)?

Edit: I called the MileagePlus desk today and they confirmed that my understanding was correct. A premium class itinerary that includes even one segment on a regional jet that doesn't have a premium cabin is disqualified from counting as a premium class trip for the purposes of the promotion. While they empathized with my disappointment, no assistance, alternatives, or compensation were offered (for reference, I'm Platinum).

Update to the edit: I contacted customer care regarding the issue. They promptly emailed, apologized for the trouble, and noted that I would not be disqualified on the basis on my regional economy flights. It was unclear if this was an individual exception or a liberalizing of the T&C of the promotion. Kudos to United Customer Care for the excellent resolution.

Last edited by JL Spencer; Jan 27, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Old Jan 30, 2021, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
MilePlay Q1 2021

Anyone else get a new MilePlay offer?

I got one requiring 3 new bookings. It says "Only transactions initiated after registration" will qualify. Any idea if I use travel credits from cancelled flights (i.e. original ticketing date prior to this MilePlay offer) if that will count?
Old Feb 17, 2021, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Just retried the promo link (https://promotions.united.com/offers/mileplay): still no UA love.

Anyone hit the flights/spends that UA offered?

David
Old Feb 17, 2021, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope. I need 3 flights. At most I might have 2 flights at most by 3/31. At least I've taken advantage of the double PQP.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Miles Posting

What has everyone's actual experience been with how long the miles take to post after completing the requirements?
Old Feb 22, 2021, 8:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MarkP24
What has everyone's actual experience been with how long the miles take to post after completing the requirements?
The posted (in the wiki) T&Cs seem to suggest it is a bit early
Bonus miles will post to your MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on March 31, 2021.
Is that consistent with the T&Cs for your offer?
Old Feb 22, 2021, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The posted (in the wiki) T&Cs seem to suggest it is a bit early

Is that consistent with the T&Cs for your offer?
Yes the 6- 8 weeks from March 31st is consistent with my offer but I was wondering if there were any DP's of miles posting early.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.