Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2021]

Old Jan 20, 2021, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Welcome to this thread to ask your basic, simple questions about United Airlines, its operations, or the MileagePlus program. We know that the airline is complex and we’ve created this thread for new and veteran members to ask those basic questions about United Airlines that you think must have an easy answer but just can’t find it or aren’t sure where to look.

UA Moderator Team
Ocn Vw 1K, l'etoile, J.Edward, goalie, Pat89339, WineCountryUA

These are the two rules for this thread:
  1. Use this thread for a simple, basic question. Moderators may move posts to a new / existing thread if appropriate.
  2. Any member who can post a constructive, patient answer is welcome to reply.

Generally, there are no long discussions of an issue in this thread. If it appears that is needed, the posts will be moved to an existing thread or used as the start of a new separate thread.

Additional tools for members seeking information about MileagePlus:

United MileagePlus Master Wiki

"New" United Airlines Forum Glossary

Here is a link to recent previous threads:
Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2020]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2019]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2018]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2017]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2016 Part II]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2016 Part I]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 -Part II]...

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...

Print Wikipost

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2021]

Old Dec 30, 2021, 10:50 pm

Programs: BA GCH
A quick and somewhat optimistic question: spouse and I are on SMF-SFO-EWR-DUB tomorrow (31st) and just had the first leg canceled. The original booking is in Polaris (class P) for all but the SMF-SFO flight -- which is B.

I'm currently waiting on hold with UA now for a rebook, is there any hope I can convince them to rebook us onto the direct EI from SFO to DUB? We aren't able to make it to SFO for the EWR flight, but would be able to for the much later EI to DUB flight.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Definitely a hope. I would not say a guarantee, but a hope. Did you get it?
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
In years past I would have said keep pushing until they do it. These days who knows. Fingers crossed for OP's sake.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
In years past I would have said keep pushing until they do it. These days who knows. Fingers crossed for OP's sake.
I’m guessing they made a relatively simple change to SMF-DEN-EWR-DUB (provided there was space).
Old Dec 31, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: BA GCH
Originally Posted by findark
We did! I suggested it over the phone and they were quite amenable right out of the gate. I also heard in the background lots of cross-carrier moves (e.g; to Delta).
artvandalay, Kacee and findark like this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Flying to the Midwest through ORD on Sunday. One of the legs got canceled and they re-booked me on a later flight. The app/text message link gave me options to change to a different day or airport/flight. I went through those options but didn't change because I wanted to think about it this morning. Now when I try to get that screen on the app again it tells me I'm outside the check-in window. Am I just out of luck until check-in now and can't change for free anymore? I must've accepted their change without really paying attention. Or could I maybe call? The option they have me on is not ideal for me. Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UAL250
... Or could I maybe call? ...
yes while should be able to change by try to check-in again (the regular reservation change feature will not work, but check-in will allow you to change), it will probably be easier to call
UAL250 likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 31, 2021 at 2:43 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Thank you. I will call soon.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 10:55 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
New year, new thread
Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2022]

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 12, 2022 at 10:59 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.