Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2021, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Welcome to this thread to ask your basic, simple questions about United Airlines, its operations, or the MileagePlus program. We know that the airline is complex and we’ve created this thread for new and veteran members to ask those basic questions about United Airlines that you think must have an easy answer but just can’t find it or aren’t sure where to look.

UA Moderator Team
Ocn Vw 1K, l'etoile, J.Edward, goalie, Pat89339, WineCountryUA

These are the two rules for this thread:
  1. Use this thread for a simple, basic question. Moderators may move posts to a new / existing thread if appropriate.
  2. Any member who can post a constructive, patient answer is welcome to reply.

Generally, there are no long discussions of an issue in this thread. If it appears that is needed, the posts will be moved to an existing thread or used as the start of a new separate thread.

Additional tools for members seeking information about MileagePlus:

United MileagePlus Master Wiki

"New" United Airlines Forum Glossary

Here is a link to recent previous threads:
Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2020]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2019]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2018]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2017]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2016 Part II]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2016 Part I]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 -Part II]...

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...

Print Wikipost

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2021]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2021, 4:23 pm

I've requested upgrades for a family member on ORD-DEL-BOM.

I'm assuming this will automatically include the domestic leg (it's on Air Vistara).

Is it possible that the ORD-DEL upgrade doesn't go through, but DEL-BOM does? I'm ok with this, have a lot of points to burn
Old Nov 10, 2021, 5:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by malgudi
I've requested upgrades for a family member on ORD-DEL-BOM.

I'm assuming this will automatically include the domestic leg (it's on Air Vistara).
the domestic nonUA is not included, only UA operated segments
jsloan, SPN Lifer, malgudi and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:47 pm

Was looking into why I'm having such a hard time booking award travel to Europe and I found an article on thepoints guy (lufthansa-award-space-not-bookable-united, can't post links), is there more news on this somewhere?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:16 am

Programs: Platinum UA, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Question Future Flight Freak Out

Where did the third tab on Premier Tracker go? Site was down for maintenance on Friday, came back, and the third tab has been disappeared.... Related question, how to easily track FTTF PQF and PQM?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by Markalta
Where did the third tab on Premier Tracker go? Site was down for maintenance on Friday, came back, and the third tab has been disappeared.... Related question, how to easily track FTTF PQF and PQM?
Discussion/issues of mystatus.united.com (status tracker)
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:01 pm

UA IAH Questions

Hello, I am fairly new to Flyertalk, but have long been interested in aviation. I have a few questions regarding UA’s wide body operations to/fro IAH. Can anybody answer some of these?

1.) Why does UA not operate the 777W to IAH?

2.) Why does UA not operate the 787-10 to IAH?

3.) Will they be bringing these aircraft to IAH in the future?

4.) As far as bringing new routes/re-establishing old routes. Will IAH-AKL be re-established? Or maybe IAH-NRT or IAH-ICN?

If anyone can offer me some insight, that would be extremely helpful.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Welcome to FT, CAL68!

Originally Posted by CAL68
1.) Why does UA not operate the 777W to IAH?
2.) Why does UA not operate the 787-10 to IAH?
The primary reason is that they feel those particular aircraft are more profitable serving other routes, taking into account both passenger traffic and cargo requirements. A secondary reason would be availability of maintenance and crew qualified on those aircraft (secondary because that could be addressed if potential profitability warranted it).

Originally Posted by CAL68
3.) Will they be bringing these aircraft to IAH in the future?
4.) As far as bringing new routes/re-establishing old routes. Will IAH-AKL be re-established? Or maybe IAH-NRT or IAH-ICN?
That's all up to United's bean counters.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Does the passenger name and credit card need to match when booking tickets on united? I have a credit card that I need to use to fufill spending requirements but I am not the passenger. the passenger will just give me the cash since he has no credit card
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:44 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by happyvoid
Does the passenger name and credit card need to match when booking tickets on united?
No. People buy tickets for others all the time.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 9:01 am

Does anyone know if United is keeping the same elite status requirements for 2023? If not, when is this information typically released? I've got Silver and am hoping to get to Gold next year but I doubt I can do much better than 6,000 PQPs. Trying to determine if it's worth booking entirely on United for some early 2022 work travel, and it's only worth doing if I determine I can make a run at better status.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 9:04 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG Gold, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Diamond Golden Circle
Maybe this is a simple question and maybe not? I know there's several other threads that relate to this question, but I wasn't sure which one to put it in...

I have not flown since the pandemic, but I have maintained my 1K status thanks to the extensions. Is UA extending premier status again for 2022?

I finally have two trips to Asia that seem to be moving forward for Q1 2022. I have the option to travel one of the trips in December 2021 if I would prefer. Is there any benefit to traveling in December 2021 versus 2022? Any chance UA will extend premier status? How can I maximize these trips premier earning potential?
Old Nov 19, 2021, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Zoltar
Is UA extending premier status again for 2022?
I would say it's doubtful. A lot of people are flying now.

Originally Posted by Zoltar
How can I maximize these trips premier earning potential?
I would recommend flying them both in 2022 unless that one flight in 2021 will affect your status.
Zoltar likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Flying LAX-CUN in first, no status. Lounge access at lax? I know most airlines exclude mexico except MEX but I don't see that exclusion for united, as it appears to just be an international flight.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:58 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by AZbba
Flying LAX-CUN in first, no status. Lounge access at lax? I know most airlines exclude mexico except MEX but I don't see that exclusion for united, as it appears to just be an international flight.
You will have United Club access at LAX, but (if it were open) not Polaris Lounge access.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 6:00 am

Looking for any advice on last minute PQP. I'm 508 away from 1K and based out of BOS. I wouldn't mind taking a there and back trip somewhere, but is that the only option? Any ideas appreciated. Thanks,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.