Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 5:32 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Kmxu
It might be better off to write two separate issues to Customer Care; the FC catering and inoperable seat. If combined, my guess is $300 ETC for 1K/GS. It could be $100 extra ETC with separate complaints.
Thanks for the advice. What do you think it would be if I'm Platinum, not 1K? Told to get lost?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by VX N281VA
Thanks for the advice. What do you think it would be if I'm Platinum, not 1K? Told to get lost?
Welcome to Flyertalk! As a platinum myself, I don't see a great reduction in the compensation that I'm offered. Good luck and keep us posted
Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
IAD-IAH 2+ hour maintenance delay on departure. One fuel pump was out so they had to unload fuel, which also resulted in a refueling stop @ MSY to refuel to continue on to IAH.

Total delay ended up being just over 3 hours. $150 ETC
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:31 pm

SEA-DEN last week - PDE and Wifi didn't work until a 2nd reset (and at least 60+ min into the flight). Worth a comment? I have already had wifi issues on a couple of flights this year (and received ETCs from United) - is there any kind of tracking of complaints that could come back to bite me later (e.g. this was an annoyance, but certainly on the lower end of the scale)?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by adams828
SEA-DEN last week - PDE and Wifi didn't work until a 2nd reset (and at least 60+ min into the flight). Worth a comment? I have already had wifi issues on a couple of flights this year (and received ETCs from United) - is there any kind of tracking of complaints that could come back to bite me later (e.g. this was an annoyance, but certainly on the lower end of the scale)?
I probably would not for this one. I tend to save my complaints for the larger stuff. I have got comp for wifi or PDE out for the entire flight, but I have never written in for partial flight outages of 60 minutes or under.

Last edited by FlyngSvyr; Apr 9, 2018 at 7:04 am
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: DL Gold, HH Diamond
Compensation for non-operating IFE (EWR to LAX)

I have been Delta loyal for many years, but was impressed with compensation for non-operating IFE from EWR to LAX recently. Was flying three (3) coach K fare with wife and infant under 2 reserved seat on 752 V1. FA offered food, miles, or certificates in flight. Was given $150 for each paid seat.

Is this common, or lucky one-off with accommodating flight crew?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I generally get $150 HNL-SFO which is about the same distance - so, fairly standard.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
To mods: any chance we could get a Compensation wiki? We see these kinds of requests weekly and it might be nice to get a central thread for them?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
I was on a LAX-EWR in Dec 16. We were delayed 3-4 hours. When we finally landed at EWR at 2am, we got emails from United with a link to offer $150 credit or miles. Took the money credit
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mccuec
I have been Delta loyal for many years, but was impressed with compensation for non-operating IFE from EWR to LAX recently. Was flying three (3) coach K fare with wife and infant under 2 reserved seat on 752 V1. FA offered food, miles, or certificates in flight. Was given $150 for each paid seat.

Is this common, or lucky one-off with accommodating flight crew?
It seems to be fairly standard, but I remain astonished by the IFE (and WiFi) comp I see here, especially when compared to the delay and non-reclining seat comp (or lack thereof).

$150 for no IFE, but almost never any comp for delays under 4 hours? Nutty.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
I was on a LAX-EWR in Dec 16. We were delayed 3-4 hours. When we finally landed at EWR at 2am, we got emails from United with a link to offer $150 credit or miles. Took the money credit
Hm... landed EWR from SFO at 3:30AM (~3hrs late) after a mechanical put our 752 out of service a couple weeks back. Didn't hear a peep out of UA CS.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:59 pm
FTA

How are you guys getting response times of a couple days with emailing them? I used the Other category because nothing else fit and got an ETA of 6-7 days. No status
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
"No status" is the key here. People without status get slower replies, but you will get a reply.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Originally Posted by flyguy6
My first flight was delayed an hour and this caused me to miss my connecting flight (I was told it was from a mechanical issue earlier in the day). On the connection fight (4 hours) the wifi was not working and the FA told me they had been having problems with it. So instead of landing at 5:48pm I landed at 9:43pm (about 4 hours late). They did give a $20 food voucher.

Anyone think I have a chance of getting compensation from United?
I hear back from United 7 business day later. They sent an email apology email and offered my a $100 travel certificate. Their email ended up in my spam folder for some reason so make sure to check there too!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 5:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Non-functioning WiFi on ORD-LAX on Friday (13th) ... 6250 miles or $125 ETC ... I took the latter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.