Check In for TLV Flights at EWR

Old Jan 5, 21, 10:41 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Up in the Air
Programs: DL MM; UA MM/1K
Posts: 584
Check In for TLV Flights at EWR

A friend forwarded me a message indicating that passengers to TLV need to check in at a special area at the end of Terminal C.
Is this correct?
Can I check in at the premier check-in area?

Thanks
DLP
DLPhoenix is offline  
Old Jan 5, 21, 11:04 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 10,951
Originally Posted by DLPhoenix View Post
A friend forwarded me a message indicating that passengers to TLV need to check in at a special area at the end of Terminal C.
Is this correct?
Can I check in at the premier check-in area?

Thanks
DLP
Maybe they've set up a special area to check if passengers are allowed to enter Israel under current rules prior to accepting bags and letting them into secure area. Might be easier for UA to train a subset of agents on current Israel rules than everyone. If that's the case, you may be directed there from the Premier area.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jan 5, 21 at 11:15 am
IAH-OIL-TRASH is offline  
Old Jan 5, 21, 11:19 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, NY
Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Posts: 7,914
TLV check in is now on the upper level of Terminal C (Level 3) at the farthest end (door 3). It's in the orphan set of counters that has been variously used for groups, charters, UNAM and Cuba in the past. I don't recall if it has a separate Premier Access line, but I am pretty sure there is.
EWR764 is offline  
Old Jan 5, 21, 1:03 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Up in the Air
Programs: DL MM; UA MM/1K
Posts: 584
Thank you iah-oil-trash and EWR764,
With the special check in at Level 3 I will start at the Premier check in. Worst case I will make the trek to the far eng.

DLP
DLPhoenix is offline  
Old Jan 5, 21, 1:14 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 10,951
Originally Posted by DLPhoenix View Post
Thank you iah-oil-trash and EWR764,
With the special check in at Level 3 I will start at the Premier check in. Worst case I will make the trek to the far eng.

DLP
Luckily it's not too far and you'll be above the TSA-level fray...
IAH-OIL-TRASH is offline  
Old Jan 10, 21, 2:15 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Up in the Air
Programs: DL MM; UA MM/1K
Posts: 584
I made it safely to TLV

I had no problem checking in at the Polaris/1K area.
My COVID paperwork was checked at Gate 130 with all the connecting passengers and other status holders that did not check in a the dedicated counter.
This saved me the 30-45 minutes wait at the dedicated counter.

Happy and safe travels
DLP.
EWR764 and cur like this.
DLPhoenix is offline  
Old Jan 11, 21, 3:05 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by DLPhoenix View Post
I made it safely to TLV

I had no problem checking in at the Polaris/1K area.
My COVID paperwork was checked at Gate 130 with all the connecting passengers and other status holders that did not check in a the dedicated counter.
This saved me the 30-45 minutes wait at the dedicated counter.

Happy and safe travels
DLP.
​​​​​​​Slightly off topic, but I gotta ask - How did the boarding process go? Did they really board Economy pax first and Polaris pax last?
xph11 is offline  
Old Jan 12, 21, 8:42 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Up in the Air
Programs: DL MM; UA MM/1K
Posts: 584
Boarding Sequence

Originally Posted by xph11 View Post
Slightly off topic, but I gotta ask - How did the boarding process go? Did they really board Economy pax first and Polaris pax last?
Pre-boarding sequence is still in effect. 1Ks board before the boarding sequence starts.
I will try to check and report when I return.

​​​​​​​DLP
DLPhoenix is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: