FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is CPU Clearance Experiences
Print Wikipost

CPU Clearance Experiences - Archive

Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
Flew phx-iah-ord this week and upgraded as a lowly plat. Go figure and was happily amazed. Like a poster said upthread a few posts UA isn't the airline it used to be. It's all about FCM and unfortunately kettles are given the option of buying up to F as a TOD at a lower price than us "overentitled elites".

Like I said before in another thread, I'll be 1K by the fall, but will plan on doing an AA match. EXP's there sit up front every time.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA-Gold 1MM
I seem to be doing better than many golds....

.....I'm just over 50% at 7 out of 12 so far this year. I fly to some leisure markets (FLL & MCO) and often fly weekends. I'll be cutting back on UA once I reach Million Mile in 12,000 miles.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
Like I said before in another thread, I'll be 1K by the fall, but will plan on doing an AA match. EXP's there sit up front every time.
In the interests of full disclosure, it is more like 80-90% on AA as an ExPlat. It is most certainly not 100%.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
I've been upgraded as silver a few times already this year. After next trip I'll be gold.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
If you are flying hub-to-hub and/or during peak business times upgrades are hard, even for 1Ks. I just booked a four segment trip in "M" and only one of my four segments had PN and two of my four segments are already booked full in C. And the flights don't leave until the end of July!

If you travel at off times, leisure destinations (except Carib and SJD) or to Latin America, even Silvers stand a good chance of upgrades. My last flight to Orlando went out 1/2 empty in F. Last night's EWR-CLE A320 went out with an empty F seat. Virtually every Mexico/CentAm-Houston flight I take is filled with non-revs, if they are filled in F at all.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Received upgrade notification via email re tomorrow's PHX-IAH flight at T-47:45. If this upgrade holds, my "Gold" upgrade rate on CPU-able flights since January 1 will rise from 40 to 44%.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:55 pm

Location: Central Florida--United 1P MM, HH Silver, SPG , Marriott Gold
Double Upgrade as Gold

Flew MCO to IAH, and IAH to YYC on June13. Wife and I (both Gold) upgraded both legs. First UA flights this year.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by WGreene
IAH to YYC on June13. Wife and I (both Gold) upgraded both legs. First UA flights this year.
Hard to miss YYC
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Still close to 0% upgrades on EWR-IAH-EWR. Even on odd travel days (Monday night, Wednesday Morning) and using RPU/GPUs. Heck even on an M fare class! 1K.....
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Upgraded as a silver yesterday Den to Abq.

I nearly always get EC+ at checkin.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
My wife is silver. The only reason she is is that she had to make an emergency trip to Rio last year when her sister had surgery. I have no status(thank god my frequent business travel days are over with). We got upgraded both ways IAH-CUN last week. Like I told her look at the people getting on the plane. They are families/vacationers. Not frequent travelers. Easy to score upgrades on flights to there and CZM.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: *wood Marriott P-life, *alliance UA MM, AA MM
50% upgrade success rate as a gold (on AA)
0% upgrade success rate as a gold on UA
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Flyinace2000
Still close to 0% upgrades on EWR-IAH-EWR. Even on odd travel days (Monday night, Wednesday Morning) and using RPU/GPUs. Heck even on an M fare class! 1K.....
EWR & LGA - IAH has been impossible for me all these years. Even the earliest/latest flights.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: Won Kay
Originally Posted by FlyingIsCool
As a Gold, I know that my chances for an upgrade are slim to none.

However, last friday, I got upgrade OKC - IAH - AUS! The IAH - AUS flight got upgrade the night before while the OKC - IAH flight was upgraded at the gate.

Ok... I know these are short haul flights, and I was flying a friday morning (not elite heavy). But still... I was really surprised.

Just a data point, thought I might share.
If you had been on my MUC-IAD flight from a few weeks ago (on Tuesday), you could've upgraded as a Silver. Many C seats went empty.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:46 am
Original Member

As a MM Gold, last week was the first time I've had an upgrade clear in 2015 (and on the return I had a gate agent come on the plane to upgrade me) but I got hosed on both.

My outbound from JAX-ORD was delayed by over 6 hours and I was rerouted on lovely ExpressJet 145s through EWR so no chance there.

On the return (ORD-JAX) where the agent came onboard, I moved up to 1C and a minute later she returned to send me back to coach (another FC passenger was sitting in a seat with yellow tape across it saying it was broken).

Not a real good record for 2015..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.